Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBoBill View Post

And NYC is still NYC - there are bums and vagrants everywhere, there are always buskers and beggars - regardless of the street address. There is always gum staining the sidewalks, it always smells a little like pee and, on certain days when the wind is just right, you can always smell the horrid stench of Jersey.

I'm horribly partial, though. I think I would love NYC regardless of it's filthiness.
It sounds to me you haven't been to NYC in a long, long time. Not since Bloomberg has cleaned it up and helped to make it the quietest big city in the country?

I was in NYC in April, having not been there for 20 years, and my biggest complaint was Bloomberg overdid it in cleaning up the city. Was it really necessary to sterilize Manhattan? But, at the same time, it has become the Number One tourist destination in the U.S.

And what happened to all the undesirables? Well, Riker's Island is bursting at the seams with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:28 PM

7 posts, read 40,101 times
Wink What's tucson like? Might be moving there

So what is tucson like? We have spent time in phoenix and have lived in vegas and southern ut.
We are considering a move there very soon.
Any recommendations for nice areas with good schools (we have a middle schooler), really prefer not to be too inner city and would like to really experience the desert. Maybe the burbs?
Would sure appreciate some feedback. Thanks! Also we are transplanted new yorkers. Are there lots of people from the east? How about restaurants? Other fun things to do?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:37 PM

106 posts, read 364,498 times
Default House for rent??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
Anybody here have a house for rent or have seen one in a good neighborhood? Looking at about 700-900/mo rent, pets allowed with garage. somewhat close to DMAFB. I am moving out in Aug and need a house asap!
I am new to this forum and am looking to move to Tucson in the next several months also.

I have been doing a deal of web searching also. You might find it worthwhile to check Tucson Rental Homes - Home Rentals in Tucson
I do not know much about them at this point, but it looks good. I was very impressed with the floor plans, the photos, prices, and the several locations around Tucson.

I am in correspondence with one of their reps. She was very speedy with her initial response via email and I shall talk with her this evening, hopefully.

Good luck. Have a great day.
Joseph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson