Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 PM

34 posts, read 74,390 times

Advertisements

Help Please! I'm moving to Tucson in the next few months, and I need to know whats a pretty safe neighborhood for a single woman, looking for a nice, reasonable, apartment. I have no, family or friends in Tucson. So I want to feel safe. HELP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM

66 posts, read 321,021 times
This is a popular subject here on this forum. Did you do a search for "safe" neighborhoods in tucson? There are a whole bunch of posts about it because everybody wants the same thing when they move to a new area.
You will see a recurring theme on what the better neighborhoods are..

Northside, Oro Valley, etc......good

Southside, downtown, etc... bad

Here is one such post..
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...as-tucson.html

Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerd View Post
This is a popular subject here on this forum.
Sure is. There are numerous threads about apartments, too.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson2930 View Post
Help Please! I'm moving to Tucson in the next few months, and I need to know whats a pretty safe neighborhood for a single woman, looking for a nice, reasonable, apartment. I have no, family or friends in Tucson. So I want to feel safe. HELP!!
As already posted, KWilson . . . addressed frequently on here.

To better respond to your question, what are you needs and/or wants other than safe? Are you planning on buying or renting? How much space do you need and/or want? How much are you willing or planning to spend? Will you be employed and, if so, where? Very important point as commuting in Tucson can be a mega-booger to put it mildly. Also, what type of living conditions do you prefer? Some prefer the big and impersonal "garden" style apartment complexes, however, that's not for me. Others prefer the high rise building atmosphere which is almost nonexistent here.

As for location, I live near the Tucson Mall and I feel there are more positives than negatives. Convenience and "small town" feel is very important to me plus I would never live anyplace without a fully enclosed secure garage.

I hope my post has helped at least a little.

Good Luck

Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM

55 posts, read 141,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson2930 View Post
hey there,
I was in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. I just moved to Tucson last week and had no idea where to go. Someone here suggested an apartment community and I wound up moving to a complex that was recommended on this forum.

The north side is nice, south is a little scary. If you want a decent 1-bedroom, be prepared to spend at least 600-700 per month, the cheaper places are not as safe (in my opinion).

I'm not here to advertise for anyone, but I'd be happy to tell you where I live if you PM me. It's a safe community and you'll have 1+ friend if you do move here.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:54 PM

4 posts, read 32,875 times
I would try Oro Valley....or Saddlebrooke if you are over 45. It is a wonderful place - very active place& active people. They have Villas and homes to buy or rent! Lok it up or the internet!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg22 View Post
I would try Oro Valley....or Saddlebrooke if you are over 45. It is a wonderful place - very active place& active people. They have Villas and homes to buy or rent! Lok it up or the internet!
Why in the world would anybody working in Tucson move to Saddlebrooke?! I didn't get the impression the OP is retired.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 AM

514 posts, read 1,440,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg22 View Post
Apartments in saddlebrooke?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 AM

Thanks a lot. I would like, to know what complex you live in. I'm a little scared but new friends make me feel a little better. Sorry, it took so long to get back. Just been as busy as can be.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 AM

I really appreciate the help, but I am not retired, or over 45. I am however starting a new chapter of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: