Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,999,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNPGuy View Post
Yes, I agree. I'm in health care and I really don't want to see patients everyday, every where I go. If you're not in health care, you may not get that. As far as the other comments regarding living in Tahlequah, the job is there. If I had an opportunity to find the job in Tulsa, Edmond, OKC...I would do so. Jobs are limited and this is the job that is looking at me. So don't judge my choice to look around and not live where I practice.
You sure don't want to run into someone you did a pelvic exam on, or removed a fecal impaction on the day before, at the grocery store. I'm just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,796,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
You sure don't want to run into someone you did a pelvic exam on, or removed a fecal impaction on the day before, at the grocery store. I'm just sayin'.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing! I think we are dealing with someone who never has lived in a small town before. This rates right up there with the silliest posts I've ever read.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM

142 posts, read 346,090 times
Tahlequah sounds like a good place for me. Any one know if the family practices hire medical assistants? Any good motorcycle roads other than Talimena drive?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNPGuy View Post
Then where would you live? I need ideas....
Ideally, since Norman is probably the Oklahoma town most like Ann Arbor it would be nice to have office there and live in Moore, which is a short drive to the north or vice versa.

It's fortunate that Tahlequah is at least a growing town and has a better image than other Oklahoma towns.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I know of people who drive from Tahlequah to Tulsa for employment. And I know people who used to drive from Tulsa to NE State University. For Oklahoma standards it is a long commute but for other parts of the country it is not long of a commute. Tahlequah is a nice town and sits in the foothills of the Ozarks. I think you would be pleasantly surprised to see how pretty NE Oklahoma is.
My friend commuted to work from Stillwater to the north side of Oklahoma City. After a couple of years she was getting weary of it. Worrying about encountering deer and hail storms didn't help. She didn't hit a deer but got her car well banged up in a hail storm in Edmond. It was quite a relief for her to find a job in her field in Stillwater.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,633 times
If you are really set on commuting from BA, you might as well check out south Tulsa, specifically the Jenks school district. There's plenty of nice large homes in that area and Jenks high school has one of the best, if not the best, football team in the state.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:06 PM

72 posts, read 165,786 times
I live in Broken Arrow and I you are way off-base with that assessment. With your generalization of all people living in BA falling into one of two groups, that is part ignorant (because you do not know) and part stupid (poor judgement to make such statements). I am glad you do not live here.

Once you used "white" as an adjective to describe "snobs", you were being racist. However, I will not label Owasso as being a racist community based on your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
I'm a (profession) in BA. It seems that you have one extreme or the other here. On the one hand, you've got over-protective, mega-Christian parents that want to make it a Federal case if their child gets looked at cross-eyed. Then, you've got the parents that allow their children to participate in very adult behaviors right under their noses- like having sex or drinking parties in thier homes, or those that actually have a little puff-puff-pass with their kids. There are few and far between that live a semi-average life. For the most part, BA is full of pretentious, middle-class, white snobs who think the rules are there for everyone else but them. I'm not being racist. I'm just telling it like it is. I wouldn't want to live there.

Last edited by AlphaRam; 03-13-2011 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 08:51 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
I live in Broken Arrow and I you are way off-base with that assessment. With your generalization of all people living in BA falling into one of two groups, that is part ignorant (because you do not know) and part stupid (poor judgement to make such statements). I am glad you do not live here.

Once you used "white" as an adjective to describe "snobs", you were being racist. However, I will not label Owasso as being a racist community based on your comments.
Good point. I don't see Owasso and Broken Arrow being that different as far as social, political and religious preferences goes.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM

265 posts, read 904,153 times
Great community, hands down! Have lived here for many years and Broken Arrow has such wonderful people and is growing.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGuy View Post
Great community, hands down! Have lived here for many years and Broken Arrow has such wonderful people and is growing.
Dude! I have been wondering where the heck you been hiding. I have been trying to sell BA to this guy but need some relief! I kept thinking, no one know BA like BAGuy but you were no where to be found. I know BA is a great place to live but thats about all I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa