Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 12:33 AM

14 posts, read 17,921 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,

Been several years since my last post...had great feedback when moving to Amarillo, TX from this site. Since then we moved to Las Cruces, NM and now are preparing to relocate to Tulsa, OK for our last move before I retire in the next 5 years. I’ve read a lot of Tulsa articles and know to stay away from North Tulsa. What communities south of Tulsa would the forum members recommend as far as living with 2 kids ages 11 & 9; our oldest just graduated high school and is staying put to attend college in NM. We are mid 40s with an income of around 175K yearly. Looking for great public schools, nice community for professionals and a home around 300K with a pool and storm shelter. An acre or large lot would be nice but not required. We love the lake and shopping. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 12:53 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teammayfield View Post
Hey folks,

Been several years since my last post...had great feedback when moving to Amarillo, TX from this site. Since then we moved to Las Cruces, NM and now are preparing to relocate to Tulsa, OK for our last move before I retire in the next 5 years. I’ve read a lot of Tulsa articles and know to stay away from North Tulsa. What communities south of Tulsa would the forum members recommend as far as living with 2 kids ages 11 & 9; our oldest just graduated high school and is staying put to attend college in NM. We are mid 40s with an income of around 175K yearly. Looking for great public schools, nice community for professionals and a home around 300K with a pool and storm shelter. An acre or large lot would be nice but not required. We love the lake and shopping. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tulsa Oklahoma most elite Southern Suburban areas .

(1)number one Jenks Oklahoma.

(2) number to Bixby Oklahoma .

(3)number three Broken Arrow Oklahoma.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:10 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
This is the Texas Forum....

Old 06-23-2018, 05:57 AM

436 posts, read 578,631 times
Quote:
Hey folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Tulsa Oklahoma most elite Southern Suburban areas .

(1)number one Jenks Oklahoma.

(2) number to Bixby Oklahoma .

(3)number three Broken Arrow Oklahoma.

You should probably send the moderator a message and ask them to move this thread to the Tulsa forum.

Howest2008 makes some great school district suggestions. I will add Union school district, it's a school district in the South Tulsa/Broken Arrow area, but not the name of a city.

What are you looking to get for $300K? You may have to be negotiable on the 1 acre because housing additions in the South area of Tulsa county typically don't have 1 acre. Also a storm shelter won't be automatically built in, $300K may be hard to find the pool already put in as well.

You can have a home built in any of those areas for $300K depending on square feet you are looking for. If I had school age children I would choose school districts in the order of Jenks, Broken Arrow, Union and then Bixby with Jenks being a definite first choice.

Jenks is going to be closer to shopping at Town West, Bixby and Broken Arrow have shopping as well but it is sprinkled around instead of in one single shopping center. Jenks also has a lovely downtown with antique stores and festivals throughout the year.

Jenks, Union and Broken Arrow have expressways that connect the towns to other parts of the city, Bixby does not, you have to drive a few miles to get on an expressway which is why it falls last in my South Tulsa County list.

When looking for a house remember that school districts do not always equal city name, in South Tulsa and Broken Arrow some of the area can be Union school district and the other areas are Broken Arrow. There is a new housing addition in the Jenks area called Yorktown that is actually Bixby school district.

About the storm shelter, I am seeing a few types, underground in the garage, freestanding in the garage, freestanding in the backyard, underground in the backyard and so on. One house I looked at had a master closet that was specially constructed to doubled as a storm shelter, I thought that was a clever use of space. I don't have one and only one friend has one. I guess I don't worry about it too much.

Good luck on your move to Tulsa! I hope you and your family love it in Tulsa. It is very pretty here. We have lakes every direction you can drive from Tulsa, you won't have any issue finding lake recreation.

Last edited by RedTexanTea; 06-23-2018 at 06:16 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 PM

14 posts, read 17,921 times
How do I ask a moderator to move this to the Tulsa thread. :/

Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Re
Quote:
How do I ask a moderator to move this to the Tulsa thread. :/

(1) Go to the top of your city data forum page

(2) After the Bold highlighted (word welcome) you will see your username

(3) two lines under your username you will see the word Direct Messages ( Tap direct messages )

(4) On your. " My Setting " page you will see the prompt for " Direct Messages " tap on that prompt.
Then send a ( Direct Message to Tulsa Moderator).

Make sure to move your thread out of the Texas forum to the Tulsa forum Make it very plain that you misplaced your thead in the Texas forum to the Tulsa Moderator.

that should do it

Last edited by Howest2008; 06-27-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa