Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,764 times

Advertisements

I will be going into my junior year of college, majoring in Elementary Education. I live in Maine now, but I want to leave, because I need a new start and I need to know that I can make it on my own. I am curently looking at different places that I want to teach and Ive been looking in Tulsa.

I'm just wondering about... Is it a nice town to live in? I want somwhere small but not too small and somewhere I can feel like home. I want to find a small apartment, and a town that is peaceful and where people are nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 07:52 PM

266 posts, read 972,113 times
Most people tend to be nice around here, just depends on the area of the city. The suburbs are what's hoppin' right now though. Tulsa is going through a slight slump but is slowly picking back up. There are plenty of apartments in the Tulsa metro area. It's metro population is a little over 905,000 and growing thanks to the affluent suburbs. If I can find some information on the local apartments I'll post it later on.

Here's the wiki page on Tulsa. Read up on it a little, it's actually has quite a bit of information.

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope this helps you a little on what you're looking for! Good luck!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,764 times
I wanted to try and find somewhere quiet..somewhere where you can walk downtown and have stores, restaurants...where people are nice. im just worried about like natural disasters and that stuff. In Maine, we have none of that. I can deal with snow...no prob.

And I did some research on housing.. you can get an apartment for realitivly $400 a month which is not bad at all.

i guess it just comes down to the opening of teaching jobs

Old 04-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Natural Disasters... Well other than the spring weather (Thunderstorms, Tornados) we don't get much of anything else... Except a couple ice storms during the winter. It's not that bad here.And the immediate Tulsa metro area hasn't been significantly hit by a tornado in a long time, and the chances are slim.

Trust me, over 3.6 million people live here, most have learned to cope with the weather, it's not as bad as everyone on the East and West Coast presume it to be.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:01 AM

687 posts, read 2,350,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
Natural Disasters... Well other than the spring weather (Thunderstorms, Tornados) we don't get much of anything else... Except a couple ice storms during the winter. It's not that bad here.And the immediate Tulsa metro area hasn't been significantly hit by a tornado in a long time, and the chances are slim.

Trust me, over 3.6 million people live here, most have learned to cope with the weather, it's not as bad as everyone on the East and West Coast presume it to be.
Probably ought to clarify.. 3.6 million live in the state; the Tulsa MSA is just under a million. City proper is just under 400K.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOkie View Post
Probably ought to clarify.. 3.6 million live in the state; the Tulsa MSA is just under a million. City proper is just under 400K.

<Mod cut> I was referring to the state, people associate tornados with Oklahoma, not just Tulsa.

Tulsa MSA is a little over 905,000, not just under a million.

Last edited by peggydavis; 04-27-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: fighting

Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Let's get back to the subject the OP was talking about, an elementary teacher moving to Tulsa.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2010 View Post
Is it a nice town to live in?
I like it. Only guy I know around here that isn't all that nice is me.........
Quote:
I want somwhere small but not too small and somewhere I can feel like home.
I feel at home, but then I live here.
Quote:
I want to find a small apartment,
There are a lot of them available. I lived in one for a while. Had a swimming pool, lots of well filled bikini's around it, and had a front gate that operated most the time. That is all I remember about it though......except it was cheap.
Quote:
and a town that is peaceful and where people are nice.
Just don't move near me and you will be fine.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:45 PM

265 posts, read 904,596 times
Broken Arrow is an excellent community with a wonderful school system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
View detailed profiles of: