Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 10:01 AM

304 posts, read 888,762 times

Advertisements

For your information:

If you are looking for lake homes near Tulsa, be sure to expand your search to include Sand Springs, Mannford, Cleveland, Prue, Westport, and Osage. Adding these cities will give you any listings for Lake Keystone.

Searching "Kellyville" will give you Lake Heyburn listings.

Searching Sand Springs and Sapulpa will give you Lake Sahoma listings.

Anyone else care to add searches for lake houses? How about Oolagah and Lake Tenkiller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 AM

840 posts, read 3,467,437 times
Default Great information! Thank you.

I'll have to drag out my map to check some of the other lakes for nearby towns.

Besides besides checking Realtor.com does anyone know of other sites to check for homes??

Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,700 times
Do you want a lake home or do you really want a lake home? There are only two lakes in the state where you actually own clear down to the water, those are Grand and Hudson!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Grand Lake Shoreline 'Rezoning'

Don't be too sure about owning down to the water Grand Lake!

Evidently the Corps and Grand River Dam Authority are reevaluating the impact of the development of the shoreline on Grand Lake.

I'm split on this, while it's nice for the property owner to own to the water, if you go to a lake that has no access to shoreline, there's not much to do but putter around in your boat. I like that Oklahoma lakefront is accessibile to everyone who wants to use it, and I like the way a lake looks 'au naturel.'

Should be interesting to watch the conflict between property owners and the public!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLover99 View Post
Don't be too sure about owning down to the water Grand Lake!

Evidently the Corps and Grand River Dam Authority are reevaluating the impact of the development of the shoreline on Grand Lake.

I'm split on this, while it's nice for the property owner to own to the water, if you go to a lake that has no access to shoreline, there's not much to do but putter around in your boat. I like that Oklahoma lakefront is accessibile to everyone who wants to use it, and I like the way a lake looks 'au naturel.'

Should be interesting to watch the conflict between property owners and the public!
The Corp has nothing to do with the SMP on Grand, the only time the Corp gets involved is when our lake level reaches a certain high level, 745-755. That's what makes Grand and Hudson so unique, no Corp involvement and that's a good thing! The SMP was put in place to control the overzealous developers and big marinas, who were getting out of control. Development is a good thing, with moderation!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 AM

4 posts, read 10,244 times
Did someone add Pretty Water Lake? It's little but a nice area, so close to the Creek and I44! I have sold so much around there and Allen Bowden (on the East side of 97). Tulsa is great and the Lakes are nice!

[mod cut]Per TOS No realtor advertising allowed.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-05-2008 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Realtor Advertising...

Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
The Corp has nothing to do with the SMP on Grand, the only time the Corp gets involved is when our lake level reaches a certain high level, 745-755. That's what makes Grand and Hudson so unique, no Corp involvement and that's a good thing! The SMP was put in place to control the overzealous developers and big marinas, who were getting out of control. Development is a good thing, with moderation!
You're correct, they do get invovled with lake levels, but according to the GRDA's website, the Corps and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) were involved in developing the Shoreline Managment Plan.

Check http://www.grda.com/Water/SMP/smp.html for the plan and more information.

It's only when two huge governemnt agencies get involved with a third can things get beautifully screwed up! Should be interesting on Grand Lake while this plan is implemented. Lord knows when that will be though, shows that the plan is final and needs to be submitted to FERC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa