Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,910 times

Advertisements

Just got into this show and I've become addicted. Saw all of Season 1 on DVD a couple of weeks ago and got caught up on Season 2. My son and I now watch every Sunday. I just wish that they would show more zombies and less of the soap opera-like storylines.

From what I hear, the comic is more about zombies than anything else. I think that if I started reading the comics first, I might not like the show. But I'm not into comic books, so I think that's why I've taken to the show as much as I have.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,811,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
why is he such an ahole?

I really like this show but it's getting a little soapopera-ish lately with everyone going bi-polar all the time...... oh i guess it is pretty realistic then, my bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
It is realistic if you think about the mental toll and the effects this type of scenario would have on people.
I have trouble understanding it too. I mean, we get it -he hurt her feelings, he had his fit and his mental frustration. He yelled and screamed and said mean insensitive things to her - LAST WEEK. For her to keep coming back for more and him keep dishing it out is getting old - even if it is supposed to be realisitic for this type of situation. When she said, "Go ahead.." or something to that effect while he was ranting and raving I thought she was inviting him to HIT her because that's what she's used to and she was offering it because she thought it would make him feel better. Battered wife syndrome I guess. Or maybe she just wanting him to let it out and just speak his mind and maybe cry on her shoulder afterwards. But he did that already, last episode. I was hoping to see more of their relationship maturing into something else. Otherwise, she should just leave his crazy ass alone and stay inside the house.

I get the realism part but if these people were really scared and suffering from being in terrified states of panic then all the petty mindgame soap opera BS would be put aside. It would be all about survival. All this hopping into cars and on horses and going in to town crap would be out. They'd be holed up in that house and barricading themselves in.

On another note, the whole time continuity was out of whack the last episode. They meet Herschel in the bar and it is day time. Lori leaves to find them in the day time. They have the shootout and then its suddenly night time, and I mean NIGHT, not dusk, not early evening - it is dark. Then they take a whole night to get back with the kid to the farm and come back the next morning? That bar couldn't have been that far away.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:06 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,343,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
its a magic land where zombies don't hear gunfire, did you miss the episode where Harry Potter cast a spell on the farm? When the Zombies get close, the unicorns kill them.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Noaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM

667 posts, read 1,746,922 times
Never have lived in a farm I gather one can achieve sustainable living based on what you can grow. However, no one is ever working the farm? No seeding, planting, watering, hunting, etc., going on at that farm but there's plenty of food, ammunition, gas and even liquor. The only reason they don't seem to have to live is because there are no lack of resources. I want to start seeing some new situations that challenge this perfect oasis. Also, I can't recall the Black man and his son from season 1. Rick made a promise to be in constant contact with them and I guess this has been completely written off? Maybe they found refuge or have important information on a cure, or something...

Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,695,476 times
They will be back, the black guy and his son. Just a guess

They dont really focus on herschels group of people. Maybe they are tending the farm while everyone else is crashing cars and shooting each other

Old 02-21-2012, 03:10 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,013,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
Never have lived in a farm I gather one can achieve sustainable living based on what you can grow. However, no one is ever working the farm? No seeding, planting, watering, hunting, etc., going on at that farm but there's plenty of food, ammunition, gas and even liquor. The only reason they don't seem to have to live is because there are no lack of resources. I want to start seeing some new situations that challenge this perfect oasis. Also, I can't recall the Black man and his son from season 1. Rick made a promise to be in constant contact with them and I guess this has been completely written off? Maybe they found refuge or have important information on a cure, or something...
You are only seeing 42 minutes and they arent showing everyone at once. They have shown Herschel in the barn working before.

The thing is that it cost a lot of money to build sets and get props so if they were changing places all the time, the show probably would cost too much.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM

667 posts, read 1,746,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You are only seeing 42 minutes and they arent showing everyone at once. They have shown Herschel in the barn working before.

The thing is that it cost a lot of money to build sets and get props so if they were changing places all the time, the show probably would cost too much.
well, all I know is that AMC is making gazillions in advertising so they should at least use some of those dollars in making the best show possible.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 PM

380 posts, read 377,268 times
I'm kinda hoping Shane makes it to meet a certain person down the story line(Issue 27). Be interesting to see how he fares against this person.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,278,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
I'm kinda hoping Shane makes it to meet a certain person down the story line(Issue 27). Be interesting to see how he fares against this person.
If their going to keep Shane around that long, they should kill off Rick and Lori..especially Lori lol

Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,208,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
If their going to keep Shane around that long, they should kill off Rick and Lori..especially Lori lol
As far as getting rid of Lori, one can hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.