Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroyd View Post
And was it me, or did it look like Carol and Daryl might have gotten a quickie too?

If they have not I sure wish they would. They both need it. The more I watch this show the more I like Daryl. He's a rather cool guy. The actor who portrays him is an absolute riot. Saw him on The Talking Dead last season and he is funny and well-spoken. Plus there is something about Daryl that I like.....maybe it's the old junior high thing of liking the "bad" boys. If I had to travel through the zombies with only one person I would opt for Daryl.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Does anyone rememeber the helicopter flying over, which took all the zombies to Hershaw's farm? I can't help but wonder, who they were and where they are?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Over all I thought it was a great start for the new season. The group seems to be working together pretty well, although there still is some filler (Zombie bait). Lori is a pain in the ass, T Dog just seems like he's lying around to get eaten , at least give him a gun. Daryl is by far my favorite character , followed by Hershel. Funny how Hershel "C" blocked Carl when he was talking to Beth. Glad to see Maggie and Glen are a solid couple. Daryl and Carol... oh say it ain't so.. she's iritating for sure. Same as Andrea. Glad to see Rick has toughend up some.
I think it's a great series, and take it for what it's worth. It would be nice to see some more realism though. Some of the gun play is laughable, and their bladed weapons are sharp enough to slice zombies in half and or decapitate them but that axe of Hershels was dull as dull could be. Oh well it is what it is, entertainment.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Does anyone rememeber the helicopter flying over, which took all the zombies to Hershaw's farm? I can't help but wonder, who they were and where they are?
If you Google it, you'll find all kinds of discussion about that. Some people say it was a news crew that eventually crashes in the woods. When Rick & Co. go to investigate, it leads them to the Governor, who holds them captive.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Some of the gun play is laughable, and their bladed weapons are sharp enough to slice zombies in half and or decapitate them but that axe of Hershels was dull as dull could be. Oh well it is what it is, entertainment.
Yeah, I don't think any of them have missed yet. Andrea may have missed once or twice when she went out in the field with Shane for the first time. But keep in mind that they need head shots, which aren't exactly easy to pull off even for very experienced marksmen. It's kind of silly to believe that someone could make multiple headshots on moving targets after only a few weeks of practice (and limited ammo to practice with).

My burning question is...

Why don't they find a Prius? They always seem to be running out of gas.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah, I don't think any of them have missed yet. Andrea may have missed once or twice when she went out in the field with Shane for the first time. But keep in mind that they need head shots, which aren't exactly easy to pull off even for very experienced marksmen. It's kind of silly to believe that someone could make multiple headshots on moving targets after only a few weeks of practice (and limited ammo to practice with).

My burning question is...

Why don't they find a Prius? They always seem to be running out of gas.
Yeah the quickness they have developed skills is amazing and don't forget Hershels 300 round shotgun from the end of last season..
Also I'm sure there would be a lot of military arsenal left lying around... why leave it ? And Rick needs to dump that wheel gun for something with some capacity.
I don't see how gas should be an issue.. there seems to be plenty of vehicles lying about I'm sure not all are empty.
And if stealth and being quiet are key elements to not getting eaten...why does Daryl ride that loud ass bike ?!?
For all that again , it is a good entertaining TV series. Probably one of the better ones out there.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah the quickness they have developed skills is amazing and don't forget Hershels 300 round shotgun from the end of last season..
LOL. I was wondering the same thing. He let off about 30 or 40 straight rounds easily.

Quote:
Also I'm sure there would be a lot of military arsenal left lying around... why leave it?
I think most of the military bases got overrun by walkers. But seeing that Rick got most of his guns from the police station, you'd think they'd try to raid some other stations in small towns for small arms and ammo.

Quote:
And Rick needs to dump that wheel gun for something with some capacity.
Yeah, I don't get that either. He doesn't need to worry about law enforcement tracing bullet casings back to him or something. He had a Beretta in the episode where he escaped the tank. He should have stuck with that.

Quote:
I don't see how gas should be an issue.. there seems to be plenty of vehicles lying about I'm sure not all are empty.
Yeah, but a more fuel efficient car would get them a lot farther. I understand that the RV holds more people (and it's also practical for the bathroom, cooking, etc.), but they could ditch some of those pickup trucks and SUVs in favor of hybrids. Then again, they are in the middle of hardcore Republican Georgia, so there might not be any Priuses to take.

Quote:
And if stealth and being quiet are key elements to not getting eaten...why does Daryl ride that loud ass bike ?!?
I don't get that either. In fact, most of their vehicles have been loud. If a walker is lured by a gun shot, why wouldn't it be lured by a roaring diesel engine?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Great premiere! I like the drama aspects of the show but I'm hoping for a lot more gore this season.
Same here. With that "season preview" at the end, they showed a lot of drama with that Governor dude. Looks like there could be a lot of arguing and internal drama between him and his bad guys vs our group of survivors.

Here's to hoping the prison doesn't become the season 3 farm house.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Same here. With that "season preview" at the end, they showed a lot of drama with that Governor dude. Looks like there could be a lot of arguing and internal drama between him and his bad guys vs our group of survivors.

Here's to hoping the prison doesn't become the season 3 farm house.
Yea, the pacing of season 2 was painful at times

Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Also I'm sure there would be a lot of military arsenal left lying around... why leave it ? And Rick needs to dump that wheel gun for something with some capacity.
For all that again , it is a good entertaining TV series. Probably one of the better ones out there.
This made me LOL because I have been thinking the exact same thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV