Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 11:31 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
This is not the original Star Trek.
HEY!

I'm not even going to try to make the Star TreK connection; I'm definitely not a Trekkie here, though I sometimes wached it as a child and did enjoy the last two movies. But it would just hurt my brain to go there.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Glen is the most expendable. The "love story" between him and Maggie needs to end. Glen adds no value to the show at this point. I guess they need to keep the Asian viewer demographic satisfied.
Well, there's only one romantic couple on the show since Lori died so I suppose you can say Glen adds more value than to just satisfy the Asian demographics. Perhaps they can kill him off once another romance starts up. Are Tyrese and Michonne there to satisfy the African American demos?

Old 12-02-2013, 11:39 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
We didn't really see the Governor die on camera. He was still alive when (forgetting character's name) hovered over him pointing a gun. We heard the gun shot, but didn't see him after it. I thought for sure he was still alive (barely) until the the fallen chess piece appeared.
The writers definietly showed him die. You're right that he didn't literally die on camera, but the writers made it clear Lily shot him in the head. That didn't happen with Judith not with Carol.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I agree with your sentiment.
It seems the writers are averse to having more than one problem to solve at a time.
It would've been great tension to have Karl grown all sociopathic instead of reeling him in and having the little girl(s) be crazy instead. That's kind of wimpy.
Yeah, Carl becoming a little sociopath would have been good. He did kill that kid at the end of Season 3 after all. It would have been interesting seeing his character grow more and more disturbed. It would be great if he were the one feeding the walkers, but I doubt it.

The writers also wimped out when the Governor "undressed" Maggie. Why didn't they just have him rape her?

Old 12-02-2013, 11:52 AM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What valid arguments? Nobody's even responded to my statement that "Hershel is the most expendable" other than you. There have been no "arguments" about it thus far.

My only point is that the show has become too predictable, and consequently, less enjoyable. We know Daryl's not going to die anytime soon.
I don't know if "expendable" would be the right word, Kirkman is probably going for shock value rather than looking at who is more expendable ... as in "oh no, they didn't just kill (blank) off". Any of the regulars, including Daryl, has a target on them (and I still think Rick will be killed off, sooner rather than later). As far as Daryl being killed off, Kirkman stated ..
Quote:
But specifically about the Daryl thing -- that fan reaction is going to get him killed. I feel like it’s a dare. Like, "Oh, really? You’re gonna riot? We’ll see ... we’ll see. No one is safe."
What Reedus said about how he would like Daryl to go out if the Daryl character is written off of the show ..
Quote:
What’s with all these death questions? Maybe I can be found by a harem of sirens that can sing to me and pet my head. I could become their sex slave and populate mermaid land with redneck fish people.

'Walking Dead' Norman Reedus

Quote:
(the drama the writers tried to create between them when the Governor "undressed" her flopped, imo. There was no "there" there.). They tried to portray a different side of the Governor, but in the end, he just ended up being just as sadistic as we previously thought he was. And it's still not clear why he became that way.
Agree!! Unclear and then he gets killed off(?), kind of makes the previous two episodes that revolved around him almost pointless episodes.

For any Daryl fans who haven't seen this super bowl commercial, enjoy ..

Extended Cut of The Walking Dead TWC Super Bowl Commercial - YouTube

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Quote:
I don't think the producers wanted to show an infant being eaten alive on TV. She was a zombie appetizer.
It's one of my pet peeves with this show. They are making it so soft and very vanilla. (and yes vanilla is my favorite flavor but ONLY in ice cream . )

I know a lot of us gripe about the realism in this show but that above is the crux of the problem. The producers are so scared of being too "scary" or too "graphic" and go in the extreme opposite to soften as much as possible. And in a zombie ridden world, it should be more graphic and horrifying with more deaths etc. I am not saying I want more blood and gore but a more compelling story line affecting the characters and how they deal with it. Especially in the Lori scene. That was great storytelling. Andrea, another great storytelling.

I still love the show and will continue watching it. I read that Kirkman said the show will follow more closely the comics so I am very hopeful! The comics are what I wish the show would go back to. (it was awesome in the beginning season)

Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 PM

409 posts, read 873,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The whole thing with the Governor taking over the new camp and raising another army seemed outright ridiculous to me. So the Governor has only been in the camp for, what, a week or two? Then he kills this guy's brother in cold blood and the guy is like "Yeah, okay, you're right, my brother was weak and had to go. I'll follow you now, Brian." C'mon, man. Daryl doesn't even have a real "murderer's" bone in his body and he was more infuriated when Rick left Merle on the roof. It's not like Rick killed him. He just left him, and rightfully so because Merle was a jerk. But the Governor just kills this guy's brother and he's perfectly okay with that? That just stretches credulity.
Didn't you love the part where the Governor, after telling him he killed his brother, offers him a light for his cigarette with one hand, while holding a gun on him with the other hand.

Add me to the list who don't believe Judith is still alive. With everything that was going on, why would anyone take the time to take her out of her car seat. Seems to me having Judith in the seat was the perfect way to transport her around with all the shooting and Zombie around.

It seems like people don't believe she is dead because they did not actually see her getting killed. But how the heck can you film that? Remember babies can't act. Its one thing to have a kid screaming/acting while being eaten. But a baby screaming is screaming for real. Do you pinch her right before the zombie goes in for the kill?

Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
Add me to the list who don't believe Judith is still alive. With everything that was going on, why would anyone take the time to take her out of her car seat. Seems to me having Judith in the seat was the perfect way to transport her around with all the shooting and Zombie around.
Plus, it might be bulletproof like everything else in the prison: the chainlink fence Maggie and Beth were shooting behind, the picnic table Bob used, the plastic planting pots Tyrese hid behind, etc.

Quote:
It seems like people don't believe she is dead because they did not actually see her getting killed. But how the heck can you film that? Remember babies can't act. Its one thing to have a kid screaming/acting while being eaten. But a baby screaming is screaming for real. Do you pinch her right before the zombie goes in for the kill?
Nah, you don't have to have a closeup of a baby screaming.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I don't know if "expendable" would be the right word, Kirkman is probably going for shock value rather than looking at who is more expendable ... as in "oh no, they didn't just kill (blank) off". Any of the regulars, including Daryl, has a target on them (and I still think Rick will be killed off, sooner rather than later). As far as Daryl being killed off, Kirkman stated ..
What Reedus said about how he would like Daryl to go out if the Daryl character is written off of the show ..
That's what I mean. If Daryl had died this past episode, I would have been like "Alright, he we go." It would have surprised me because I figured the writers didn't have the stones to do it. We'll see if Kirkman steps up and accepts this "dare," though. Daryl needs a gruesome death, imo. The more beloved the character, the more heinous the death.

Getting some of the old characters out of the way also opens up more space to explore some of the other characters we know next to nothing about. I mean, we endured how many episodes of Michonne snarling and uttering no more than five words at a time. Can we learn something, anything, about her?

'Walking Dead' Norman Reedus

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Agree!! Unclear and then he gets killed off(?), kind of makes the previous two episodes that revolved around him almost pointless episodes.
I was kinda hoping that the Governor would want to take over the prison with Rick and everyone else living there (minus Michonne who he'd obviously have to kill). I don't think we got to see the full extent of his meglomania. I wanted to see him grow into this Emperor Xerxes type of character demanding everyone to kneel before him. But he just...died. Now that the main antagonist is gone, is the rest of the season going to be avoiding walker herds and going on supply runs?

Old 12-02-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Nah, you don't have to have a closeup of a baby screaming.
You're right. More difficult things have been done since the creation of CGI. It's really not that difficult to shoot if you think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV