Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 01:45 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times

Advertisements

God how long are they going to drag out this missing girl nonsense? It's getting quite annoying. Nothing seems to be happening on the farm. They throw in one predictable zombie moment every episode in order to satisfy the crowd, but come on, if I want to watch a regular drama, I'd watch another show. No zombies means it is just a regular show. Just make Laurie take the damn pills to get his baby issue finally over with, kill off annoying Andrea, and make the camp trek towards Fort Benning since this old guy is crazy. This season has been quite boring. This is essentially turning into a zombie show for chicks.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 AM

3 posts, read 2,857 times
I do not know Walking Dead Season 2 so I can tell you anything more

Old 11-23-2011, 07:31 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times
When Rick was giving a message to that guy from season one (who wouldn't shoot his walker-wife) on the walkie talkie he mentioned that he had some news that he heard from the Doctor at the CDC. but in mid-sentence he said "oh never mind" or something like that. So I don't think it had any thing do to with Lori being pregnant or anything like that.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
When Rick was giving a message to that guy from season one (who wouldn't shoot his walker-wife) on the walkie talkie he mentioned that he had some news that he heard from the Doctor at the CDC. but in mid-sentence he said "oh never mind" or something like that. So I don't think it had any thing do to with Lori being pregnant or anything like that.
I'm talkimg about the last 15-20 seconds before the group runs out the door.

Rick: Greatful
Doc: There will come a Day when you want be.

Then they shake hands and the Doc grabs Rick and whispers something in his ear.

You can find the clip on YouTube but their all edited with nonsense.

Spoiler
My guess is the Doc told Rick that the dead turn to Walkers..despite being bitten or not. Example, Maggie falls off a horse and breaks her neck and dies. She will turn into a Walker. That's how it works in the comics anyhow. So everyone will eventually turn to a walker since no one lives for ever. Who knows but that's my theory.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:51 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
I'm talkimg about the last 15-20 seconds before the group runs out the door.

Rick: Greatful
Doc: There will come a Day when you want be.

Then they shake hands and the Doc grabs Rick and whispers something in his ear.

You can find the clip on YouTube but their all edited with nonsense.

Spoiler
My guess is the Doc told Rick that the dead turn to Walkers..despite being bitten or not. Example, Maggie falls off a horse and breaks her neck and dies. She will turn into a Walker. That's how it works in the comics anyhow. So everyone will eventually turn to a walker since no one lives for ever. Who knows but that's my theory.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking,
Spoiler
and it makes total sense for why the doc would want to be annihilated in the blast, so nothing is left to come back, it's clearly something that makes everything hopeless, that's what I heard in Rick's voice when he was on the com talking to the guy he left.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:38 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Ok about your theory

Spoiler
when Shane and Andrea went into those suburb houses there were a bunch of dead people. Dead people that looked they could have been up and walking around. Does that mean they were walkers and someone killed them? To me they just looked dead but I wasn't paying that much attention. So I would think that no (1) you have to be bit or (2) people who die and don't come back have some immunity or something? Was the Dr at the CDC's wife bit? She was the medical example he showed them in the video

Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Ok about your theory

Spoiler
when Shane and Andrea went into those suburb houses there were a bunch of dead people. Dead people that looked they could have been up and walking around. Does that mean they were walkers and someone killed them? To me they just looked dead but I wasn't paying that much attention. So I would think that no (1) you have to be bit or (2) people who die and don't come back have some immunity or something? Was the Dr at the CDC's wife bit? She was the medical example he showed them in the video
Spoiler
There is several scenes that is questionable under my theory like the dead people in the cars along the hwy. I don't have any thoughts on these scenes just yet but what I'm saying is part of a plot in the original material and Kirkman has stated they will follow most of the comic plots. So who knows.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:41 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
What about the farm couple that killed themselves where Rick got the horse.

It looks like they had shot themselves but not head shots? I don't recall.

That would certainly impact the theory.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:44 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Spoiler
There is several scenes that is questionable under my theory like the dead people in the cars along the hwy. I don't have any thoughts on these scenes just yet but what I'm saying is part of a plot in the original material and Kirkman has stated they will follow most of the comic plots. So who knows.
Anybody who ever sat thru 6 seasons of Lost and Battle-star Galatica will tell you that writers arnt these brilliant people we think they are. Sometimes they just write themselves into a hole. My point is that if your looking for something that is going to tie all this together, your likely to be disappointed. All the clues from Lost meant...NOTHING, and in Battle-star Galatica...they used the GOD card in the end, and tied nothing together. I just watch to see Zombies and cool gory scenes. Im not expecting too much. The scene where they were wasting all the bullets, making a huge racket has all ready told me everything I need to know about these writers.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I just watch to see Zombies and cool gory scenes. Im not expecting too much.
Same here, and even that part hasn't been that good IMHO.

I feel that the characters on tv are poor representations of the original characters (comics). I know that adaptations are usually simplified versions, but this is ridiculous: Glenn is just an errand boy dominated by the girlfriend, Andrea and Lori are these moody women that act before thinking, etc. At this point the only character I like right now is Daryl.

Hopefully the series will improve. It can be so much better considering the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
God how long are they going to drag out this missing girl nonsense? It's getting quite annoying. Nothing seems to be happening on the farm. They throw in one predictable zombie moment every episode in order to satisfy the crowd, but come on, if I want to watch a regular drama, I'd watch another show. No zombies means it is just a regular show. Just make Laurie take the damn pills to get his baby issue finally over with, kill off annoying Andrea, and make the camp trek towards Fort Benning since this old guy is crazy. This season has been quite boring. This is essentially turning into a zombie show for chicks.
LOL I couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV