Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times

Advertisements

As a fan of the show, I just wanted to add that all zombie fans should read the "Zombie survival guide" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks). Especially those that only discovered this genre of fiction will find a ton of fascinating and helpful info. And when the zombie apocalypse comes, who knows - maybe it'll help you survive!
As for the show - I too think it's too drawn out. They have a lot of characters they could develop and they focus too much on the whiny Lori... I was pleasantly surprised by the "hanging zombie camper" scene, I've seen a ton of zombie movies and I can't recall a scene like that
Yac.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,850,937 times
That's a fun book....he also wrote WORLD WAR Z which they're making into a movie.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I only saw the one episode, others have said it wasn't a good one, and other episodes were better. The guests were people I generally like, but they just weren't interesting on the show. I might watch again though.

I don't dislike the host, he seemed like a cool enough guy. I just don't like adam's apples, never have, so a prominent one is hard for me to watch, it's just a thing, no offense to him.

LOL - no Adams Apples for you.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Thoughts on hanging zombie
He may have not had anything to shoot himself with after he got bit
and
He may have realized once he was a zombie he'd be stumbling around eating things so purposefully
hung himself effectively tying himself up so he couldn't do that. Which was awfully nice of him.

Seems like if everyone who died or dies becomes a zombie - there were be way more than there are.

I don't know how that farmhouse in the middle of that field hasn't been overrun. Have they made some sort of deal with a zombie devil/god?

you must have missed the poem I quoted from the movie....

the guy wrote a suicide note....

Got Bit,

World has Gone to Sh1t,

Decided to quit.

hanging is the most common form of suicide if I am not mistaken. Maybe the guy was misinformed and thought that he could kill himself before he turned.

As Daryl said, he opted out.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,678 times
My 1st post in the Zombie room. I am a zombie/horror movie fanatic, and love,love this series. They are doing a amazing job. About the crying: This is supposed to be about what happens IF,... and in my opinion, in real life there'd be a TON more crying than they're showing. Also, I get why we are getting so much character story lines. Have you ever seen a horror movie that didnt do this, and you were rooting for the zombies/slashers, cause you didnt care for any of the people? I WANT to fall in love with some of the actors, and I have on this series.

I bet we're going to see some real exciting scenes coming up, when the handcuff guy shows up. Zombie or not, he's gonna come Pi**ed! I also hope the man & boy return unharmed. Loved them! The OJ? Maybe they have a generator and kept the frozen concentrate unspoiled. I do agree I want to see farm secruity somewhere. They all act too comfortable there. But, I disagree with everyone wanting non-stop action. In those types of movies, I always get annoyed. The human body needs & requries rest to fight off zombies. I want it to look Real!

Once in awhile, the zombies move too fast or I see a spark of alertness in their eyes, but other than that, they are awesome. I'm glad the humans are being careful about blood transference. In most all zombie movies, they hack at them with blood flying all over them, in their eyes & mouths, and I wonder how they avoid becoming infected. And they Never do. My only complaint with TWD is the women. I dont care for any of them. In the webisodes they had 2 perfect actresses imo. The stepmom who gave mouth to mouth to the zombie, and bike girl. I wish they both were regulars, and the lady who let herself be blown up seemed nice.

Anyway, my advice is not pick a horror show apart. Just go with the flow & enjoy. I have to listen to my own advice cause Shane is on my "hate" list now. It was bad enough what he was doing with his best buddies wife, but what he did to Otis was horrible. It was great seeing "Otis" play a good guy, he's usually a super creepy killer with wiggily eyes. See y'all after the next show, enjoyed reading your comments & opinions.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
I love the series too and I agree with breeinmo that the women aren't very likable. Jacqui could have been okay, but she "opted out." The new girl that comes riding up on the horse and finds them in the middle of the woods just in time to bash a zombie in the head seems like she might be too BA for my tastes, but I guess it is survival of the fittest.

I like Shane being the anti hero. So I want them to continue his story even if he leaes the group.

I hope they never find the lost girl and they stop looking. It is way more realistic if she is never seen or heard from again. Darryl's story about him running away and surviving on his own was ludicrous especially SINCE THERE WEREN'T ANY CANNABALISTIC ZOMBIES around.

Other then, looking forward to Sunday night.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
When I ask for more action in this series, I am not picking apart the show. I really like the series. After reading a few of your posts above, I realize it's the women I don't like as well. The way the writer's portray them. And the Mom with no hair.
I do like the new one, the gutsy brunette that rode up on the horse and whacked the zombie. I hope she stays around. She would be good to join the traveler's.

I like/hate the human element they put into the series. Like it because it makes us feel what it would be like if this really happened(doubt it could happen though.) But on the other hand, they waste too much time on it. I want to see more stories of other survivors and more action as well just for the fun of it. Even though, some of the gory action I have to cover my eyes because it's too intense for me.

Also, what is with some of the faster running zombies? I thought they all had to go slow, shuffle along, but lately there have been more active one's.

As for Shane, although I have less respect for him now, I think he knew they could not both escape with the zombies all around, so he let Otis get eaten buffet style so he could leave and get the meds back to the farmhouse. Or he is just a cruel SOB. Maybe both.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
When I ask for more action in this series, I am not picking apart the show. I really like the series. After reading a few of your posts above, I realize it's the women I don't like as well. The way the writer's portray them. And the Mom with no hair.
I do like the new one, the gutsy brunette that rode up on the horse and whacked the zombie. I hope she stays around. She would be good to join the traveler's.

I like/hate the human element they put into the series. Like it because it makes us feel what it would be like if this really happened(doubt it could happen though.) But on the other hand, they waste too much time on it. I want to see more stories of other survivors and more action as well just for the fun of it. Even though, some of the gory action I have to cover my eyes because it's too intense for me.

Also, what is with some of the faster running zombies? I thought they all had to go slow, shuffle along, but lately there have been more active one's.

As for Shane, although I have less respect for him now, I think he knew they could not both escape with the zombies all around, so he let Otis get eaten buffet style so he could leave and get the meds back to the farmhouse. Or he is just a cruel SOB. Maybe both.

I personally like the human element because surviving a disaster like that would be extremely hard. Holding on to your humanity while you're witnessing horrible, horrible things would be very difficult, and I'm surprised we haven't seen more survivors kill themselves.

As far as some of the faster running zombies, they're probably the ones that are "fresher" or have eaten more recently? Not having your legs all eaten to crap would help make you a great zombie, too. I'm surprised we don't see more of them wandering out of major centers and into the forests and stuff, so far it seems zombie encounters have for the most part gone down. I wonder if it's because they're farther away from a population center, because they're being far more careful after the attack on their camp, or if it's because it is somehow possible for zombies to start decaying and rotting and becoming less "undead" and more "dead" once they run out of fresh food?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM

667 posts, read 1,745,240 times
I was thinking last night about the Shane and Otis break in. Someone in that group should have suggested getting all lathered up in dead blood again, considering zombies can't tell the difference once you're soaked in it? They would have pulled off that heist with no problem.

Also, I'm surprised by the lack of booze, drug and smoking going on. You would think in these tough times all you would do is be intoxicated! LOL

And not to sound like too much of a pervert but a naked zombie or two would also bring in some realism. But I know this is still AMC.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Naked Zombie?

I just threw up in my mouth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV