Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it is interesting that as the show progresses they are acting less like americans and more like mideastern people.
when dale died last night it posed a great question. do we have infinite resources to protect those that are a liability?
what if we dont. what happens when we dont have the cash for a 3 million dollar trial for the gang banger killer and a 10 million
dollars life time tab for incarceration and medical services? what then? what if we cant afford to nurse the sick forever?
the mideast people then no longer look like monsters. last nite dale killing looked a little like what we see in the mideast no?
I don't agree with you about folks in the Middle East. They generally love their elders and take good care of them.

But, you know what? It really doesn't matter what I think. Your post is thoughtful and the costs of incarceration and medical services are huge. It's going to be interesting to "meet" the various characters who are in the prison that the good guys are heading for.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM

299 posts, read 255,731 times
Sorry if this has already been asked, but why did Rick just walk away from Shane's body after he stabbed him, knowing that Shane was infected and become a zombie? I can't remember if Carl distracted him or if he got up and started walking before he noticed Carl.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but why did Rick just walk away from Shane's body after he stabbed him, knowing that Shane was infected and become a zombie? I can't remember if Carl distracted him or if he got up and started walking before he noticed Carl.
I think it was still from the shock of killing his best friend.

And from seeing Carl there.

Last edited by Gatsby1925; 03-19-2012 at 12:42 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 01:16 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I think it was still from the shock of killing his best friend.

And from seeing Carl there.
And it made the scene way more exciting!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM

815 posts, read 737,048 times
Also Shane came back REALLY fast. Jenner said it took a minimum of 3 minutes, that was like 30 seconds.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
it is interesting that as the show progresses they are acting less like americans and more like mideastern people.
when dale died last night it posed a great question. do we have infinite resources to protect those that are a liability?
what if we dont. what happens when we dont have the cash for a 3 million dollar trial for the gang banger killer and a 10 million
dollars life time tab for incarceration and medical services? what then? what if we cant afford to nurse the sick forever?
the mideast people then no longer look like monsters. last nite dale killing looked a little like what we see in the mideast no?
I don't see any correlation to middle easterners at all or anything really.

The writers of the show (in the first season) did show a group of gang bangers lead by a custodian at a retirement home taking care of the elderly who had been left behind by the staff. Dale's mercy killing is not the same of just taking care of the sick and wounded. They took care of Carl, Darryl and T-Dog when they were sick. However at the time they had the resources and they could all be healed.

There's no cure for a clawed open abdomen and the zombie virus.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I dont get how any of that relates to the mideast
sorry im from maybe a little different background than u.
they are living the bedouin lifestyle 100%.
when u got money u dont have to make tough decisions.
the comments that the mideast people love and care for their sick and elderly are very very true but remember the walking dead and the bedouins are both on a draconian budget compared to rich americans. that is what is so good about the show, they used to be rich americans and they are becoming something else, as i said that resembles much more mideast nomadic people with scarce resources.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-19-2012 at 01:51 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 01:56 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
It was Carl’s gunshot which attracted that herd of zombies which means that kid should now have the deaths of Dale and Patricia and Jimmy on his conscience.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
I hate to admit this but who the heck was Jimmy? I have watched and rewatched this series since day 1 and I simply do not remember Jimmy.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
What if Lori's baby is really Shane's?
Maybe she'll name it, um, Damien.......
I was wondering if she's gonna give birth to a lil walker. I know, it'll be born and then die and turn. Maybe give Mom a good chomp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Lori and Carol are in a race to the bottom as my least favorite characters. Of course Lori is winning after her latest outburst. I was hoping she would just come out and admit that she still loved Shane and/or that he was the father of her baby when she got all pissy with Rick over what happened. I mean, didn't she act like she wanted him dead just a couple of episodes ago? Then she's either loving up to and forgiving Shane or maniupulating him depending on where you stand and now she's mad at Rick for surviving a bad situation.

Carol trying to turn Darryl against Rick. If she thinks it is a good idea to ride off on a Harley with Darryl then so be it, but luckily Darryl isn't stupid and looks like he is allied to Rick. Even Glenn started mouthing off to Rick, but I guess he has a point. What if one of them had passed away in the house from natural causes and no one knew about it? Say if the suicidal girl took a bunch of sedatives from Herchel's stash. So I guess I can see Glenn's point even though I was annoyed with him at first. Even T-Dog looked miffed. Great show. Gonna be a long summer.
I so wanted to smack that Lori last night! How dare she she react to Rick like that after HE did what SHE wanted him to do! I actually think it had something to do with Carl off Shane, the walker, but she still should not have reacted with hatred in her eyes.

I'm also getting as annoyed hearing "CARL! CARL!" as I was "SOPHIA! SOPHIA!".

Quote:
HUHN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I dont get how any of that relates to the mideast
Neither do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
I don't think Rick really believed Jenner and of course Jenner said 3 mins, not 30 seconds! Rick was walking away before he noticed Carl.

Quote:
sorry im from maybe a little different background than u.
they are living the bedouin lifestyle 100%.
when u got money u dont have to make tough decisions.
the comments that the mideast people love and care for their sick and elderly are very very true but remember the walking dead and the bedouins are both on a draconian budget compared to rich americans. that is what is so good about the show, they used to be rich americans and they are becoming something else, as i said that resembles much more mideast nomadic people with scarce resources.
Okay, so you aren't American, fine. You apparently live in So Cali. You seem to paint ALL Americans as RICH. Buddy, you got that wrong. Why don't you try living in E. St. Louis or someplace like that and see what the real story of America is. MOST of us aren't anywhere near rich like in Hollywierd.

Now, no more trying to get this thread into politics. I had my say but there are other forums that you can go turn TWD into a political theme. Thank you.

P.S. That was so cool with Andrea and Michonne!!! How'd y'all like her two zombies hanging off of her?? I'm glad Andrea got saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV