Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't know what it is about Clint, but he bothers me.
why because he is fat and unattractive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 12:20 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Um..... no. But please, put words in my mouth.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:51 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't think he is fat and unattractive at all.

He and Brandy are my leading favorites.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM

Where are all our Apprentice fans??????

I loved last night with Poppy's 'Ode to Kim Kardashian" in Dollar General style.
What WAS she thinking?

Glad it was Anand and not Clint who apparently really messed up. Compared to the fund raising bonanza of the Celebrity Apprentice though....I'm not sure if he got fired because he did it or fired because he lied about it. Good thing the guys were so far ahead in that particular challenge or they would have had to do a recall regarding the winning team and previous firings.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

I loved last night with Poppy's 'Ode to Kim Kardashian" in Dollar General style.
What WAS she thinking?

Glad it was Anand and not Clint who apparently really messed up. Compared to the fund raising bonanza of the Celebrity Apprentice though....I'm not sure if he got fired because he did it or fired because he lied about it. Good thing the guys were so far ahead in that particular challenge or they would have had to do a recall regarding the winning team and previous firings.
I was surprised at that turn of events!! Oh,oh,oh--never lie when you're busted. That was a stupid move on Anand's part.
Poppy and Stephanie dropped the ball big time last night. Easy task, maybe THE easiest one all season and they turn it into crafting 101.
Liza dodged the bullet by virtue of them shutting her out.
The other team hit the ball out of the park.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,466,792 times
I forget the name of the woman who is now teamed up with two guys, but she blew a marvelous opportunity. All we saw from her was 'oh, I'm the odd person out, they're bonded, they'll blame this all on me if it goes south, all because I'm a woman.' What about, instead: "Sweet! Yes! New team, and right off the bat, a task where I'm indispensable simply for my gender perspective! We are going to knock this out of the park, I am going to be a team player, I will work my way into their dynamic, and I will be the largest contributor while still respecting what they already have. They're men. They hate to lose. When I help them win, they will have no doubt of my value."

Telling you right now, if I were Clint, that's the attitude I'm pleading for and hoping for. The double doors are wide open, all she has to do is walk through. Just the simple fact of combining business background with a feminine perspective would have reassured the guys; they would have listened to any sane idea or hint or demurral like it came from Mt. Sinai. And when they won, I can see Clint in the boardroom: "Mr. Trump, I wouldn't have been nearly as confident without her. Her perspective was essential. Pivotal. I feel very confident going forward. Strength in diversity."

I can see part of her objection. Last task, her task was to peel partway down and lay in bed looking sultry. This time, it's supposedly to explain the difference between puce and lavender or something. No, that's not your whole task. The whole task is to come up with and implement good ideas. The fact of your XX chromosome combo gives you an extra edge here and there, and it's dumb not to leverage it.

In other news, I not only can't believe Poppy made a high school prom display to sell expensive perfume in Times Square, I can't believe anyone in this entire world thinks someone should buy a perfume simply because it has Kim Kardassian's name on it. Who even is she? Yeah, I know, group of women who have a show about their rich life and drama, but what has she ever done on merit? Anything? Is she a noted perfume expert? Or...maybe it's good perfume, but who would spend more on it just because her name is on it? Who cares what it's called? You either like the smell or you don't, kind of like...okay, never mind.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I forget the name of the woman who is now teamed up with two guys, but she blew a marvelous opportunity. All we saw from her was 'oh, I'm the odd person out, they're bonded, they'll blame this all on me if it goes south, all because I'm a woman.' What about, instead: "Sweet! Yes! New team, and right off the bat, a task where I'm indispensable simply for my gender perspective! We are going to knock this out of the park, I am going to be a team player, I will work my way into their dynamic, and I will be the largest contributor while still respecting what they already have. They're men. They hate to lose. When I help them win, they will have no doubt of my value."

Telling you right now, if I were Clint, that's the attitude I'm pleading for and hoping for. The double doors are wide open, all she has to do is walk through. Just the simple fact of combining business background with a feminine perspective would have reassured the guys; they would have listened to any sane idea or hint or demurral like it came from Mt. Sinai. And when they won, I can see Clint in the boardroom: "Mr. Trump, I wouldn't have been nearly as confident without her. Her perspective was essential. Pivotal. I feel very confident going forward. Strength in diversity."

I can see part of her objection. Last task, her task was to peel partway down and lay in bed looking sultry. This time, it's supposedly to explain the difference between puce and lavender or something. No, that's not your whole task. The whole task is to come up with and implement good ideas. The fact of your XX chromosome combo gives you an extra edge here and there, and it's dumb not to leverage it.

In other news, I not only can't believe Poppy made a high school prom display to sell expensive perfume in Times Square, I can't believe anyone in this entire world thinks someone should buy a perfume simply because it has Kim Kardassian's name on it. Who even is she? Yeah, I know, group of women who have a show about their rich life and drama, but what has she ever done on merit? Anything? Is she a noted perfume expert? Or...maybe it's good perfume, but who would spend more on it just because her name is on it? Who cares what it's called? You either like the smell or you don't, kind of like...okay, never mind.
Clint just wanted her to come up with the idea so he could lay the blame on her if they lost. She's no dummy. Nor should she,by virtue of being a woman take on his role as project manager and tell him what he should do.
She did say,"sweet" last week when put on that team and she stepped up as PM and got them a win. Last night was time for Clint to step up or shut up. Thankfully for him he did.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

What WAS she thinking?

"Dollar General Style"....That's a good one GloryB!...lol

When that task started I thought for sure that Poppy and her team would win. They seemed to have a huge advantage. I think it says a lot for Clint's leadership as he and his team was able to pull off the win despite the fact that Brandy was the only woman on his team and was reluctant to contribute. I was a little disappointed in Brandy responding that way. It was obvious that she was too concerned about the guys hanging a loss on her if they didn't win instead of contributing more. Nonetheless, I still think that Clint and Brandy, and probably Stuart are the strongest candidates left. I just hope that Stephanie gets booted off soon, she is so obnoxious...lol. I'm also certainly glad that it was Anand instead of Clint that messed up. At this point I'm rooting for Clint to win it all.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 AM

I like Clint, but I think Brandy will prove to be his biggest competition since I'll almost bet she is Trump's favorite. That comment she made last week about preferring older men was genius.

I was surprised she brought so little to the team creative effort though....and she whined! I didn't have her pegged for a whiner at all. Maybe she was just having a bad week.

I agree with Dave in not liking Stephanie at all. Her strength seems to be sucking up to whoever is PM in hopes of them not bringing her to the boardroom when they lose.

Liza could be the dark horse. In the past couple of challenges, had her team listened to her critic...it might have spared them a loss.

Did anyone read about this:
Quote:
Two contestants on “The Apprentice” have accused host Donald Trump of making sexist and inappropriate comments in the boardroom. “So much of the boardroom discussion concerned the appearance of the female contestants — discussing the female contestants’ looks — who he found to be hot,” said Mahsa Saeidi-Azcuy, the woman whom Trump “fired” last week. “[Trump] asked the men to rate the women—he went down the line and asked the guys, ‘Who’s the most beautiful on the women’s team?’” Added contestant Gene Folkes, “I think it was most uncomfortable when he had one [female] contestant come around the board table and twirl around.” I am shocked — shocked! — that the man who owns the Miss Universe organization would be accused of this behavior
Today's Lady News: "Apprentice" Contestants Accuse Donald Trump Of Inappropriate Comments | The Frisky

Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM

624 posts, read 1,122,102 times
This show has too much drama this season... Even the celebrity Apprentice had less...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV