Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
And, you know this how??
Read the newspaper - not even the tabloids and this article was over six months ago at least. I guess I am the only person in the world that still reads the newspaper...

He was interested in money more than training the moment he decided to expand into a line of pet foods (which are horrible BTW - not good to feed any animal when you could get the same quality with Purina and spend 60% less), go onto QVC and promote his products. It is fine when trainers decide to write books - after all it is certainly easier to refer to a book than to record all episodes of a show and watch it over and over...but I do have a problem when trainers who supposedly care so much about dogs branch out into areas for which they are not qualified...same goes with Raechel Ray...how does she have a pet food?

Victoria Stillwell only writes books, Brian Kilcommons also only writes books, as do the Monks of New Skete. I think the Monks of New Skete actually deal with the most difficult dogs and people. But, they don't work on fear based training. You can still be the alpha without scaring your dog...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Read the newspaper - not even the tabloids and this article was over six months ago at least. I guess I am the only person in the world that still reads the newspaper...
Okay. I read the articles and didn't see anything about him becoming a bad hubs. If he was an azz. He was an azz, before the dogs.

Maybe, if she obeyed his commands, then...

Sit, be quiet, roll over.

This remind me of a "Saturday Night Live" skit w/Dana Carvey. You always talk to chicken. You talk to chicken more than you talk to people.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Unless it was he or his ex-wife being quoted, it's all speculation. I guess I am the only person in the world who still realizes the papers can spin things however they want.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Unless it was he or his ex-wife being quoted, it's all speculation. I guess I am the only person in the world who still realizes the papers can spin things however they want.
living in england gives you great experience!

Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,839 times
I believe Caesar Milan loves dogs. He would NEVER ever euthanize a dog but I've seen shows where Victoria Stillwell said that a dog was not capable of being rehabilitated. Michael Vick's dogs are undisputable fact that a dog can be rehabilitated, no matter what how aggressive or what their background. I have never seen a show where Caesar harmed or abused a dog. He has helped many dogs that were considered "lost causes". Walk in his shoes, then find fault wih him. I'd like to see his critics handle dogs the way he does. Caesar Milan has given a lot of dogs a happy life where there was misery! I don't have any comments on his food, I don't buy any of products but I would like to point out that we do live in America. If you don't like a product, don't buy it. If it's a bad product, you won't have to worry about it being on the shelf very long.

Last edited by doglover3458; 02-08-2012 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: grammar, add additional comment

Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
The dogs you see on Caesar are red zone cases with usually very powerful breeds with severe aggression issues. Did anyone see him with the Golden Retrievers? HA!!!! He didn't know what to do with out of control dogs who are only out of control because they love you!

Yea, I have one of those. The dorkiest dog ever. My Golden's trainer mixed in some Caesar with his methods only to establish rules. He made it clear that Caesar's methods don't mix well with Goldens, which I appreciated.

I do like Caesar's approach that dogs must must must be exercised.

I like Victoria, just not the adherence to clicker training.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The dogs you see on Caesar are red zone cases with usually very powerful breeds with severe aggression issues. Did anyone see him with the Golden Retrievers? HA!!!! He didn't know what to do with out of control dogs who are only out of control because they love you!

Yea, I have one of those. The dorkiest dog ever. My Golden's trainer mixed in some Caesar with his methods only to establish rules. He made it clear that Caesar's methods don't mix well with Goldens, which I appreciated.

I do like Caesar's approach that dogs must must must be exercised.

I like Victoria, just not the adherence to clicker training.
I like Cesar too but notice that he doesn't know what to do with the teeny-tiny yorkies either!

I learned a lot from him - mainly that my high-energy Westie needs to be WALKED. That helped a lot with his pent-up energy.

I did see an interview where he indicated his own Yorkie (I have one too) was about 80% housetrained. And I'm thinking - YES - way to own it Cesear!

I like Victoria as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:19 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
I actually like Ceasar and Victoria...heck, you can learn things from both...

Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
I like them both, my husband does not like Victoria Stillwell. He thinks she's a showoff...
Funny, because Cesar (our peke's name is Caesar, too bad Mr Millan doesn't spell his name
correctly, according to us ) Millan has the sparkliest whitest smile (Crest Whitestrips hasn't
gotten me that bright), and is quite full of himself, which is not a bad thing if you need to be the leader.
Haven't watched either show in a while though...

Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,839 times
Default Cesar and Victoria

I think both have helped a lot of dogs and their owners. I tried some of their techniques with my dogs (I have 7 rescue dogs) and I do believe they would work IF my husband would help me. However, he believes that you should not break a dog's spirit with rules and discipline. He refuses to use a collar or leash with our dogs. My house is basically just one big dog house and it looks it. I love my dogs but I do wish we had some rules but as long as my husband is part of this family there will never be any boundaries, limitations or discipline. My husband refuses to even watch the program because he thinks Cesar is a total idiot and that his shows are not real. I believe Cesar helps dogs and their owners but I don't think he's perfect. I wish I could handle my pack as well as he does on TV when they show him with his pack at the Dog Psychology Center. I think Cesar does make a difference in some dogs' lives, a difference for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV