Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 03:43 PM

101 posts, read 296,592 times

Advertisements

How about the real house wives of Newburgh in Orange county New York

That would be more interesting as now Newburgh is like the South Bronx was in the 1980's

The real crack head house wives of Newburgh

Sounds like a future TruTV show in the making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 06:19 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Actions speak louder than words. Slade is not taking care of the child he has now. I read that the child is ill with a brain tumor, where is Slade in all of this? Is he seeing him and visiting him at the hospital? Slade is not a comedian, although he may think he is. There are just a handful of really successful comedians that make a lot of money, it is a very hard field to go into. Gretchen has become very used to a certain lifestyle and Slade will have to pull a rabbit out of his butt to make that much money. If I were Gretchen I would cut my losses and move on, there is nothing there for her.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 PM

348 posts, read 850,302 times
Do we know if Slade is taking care of his son at all, or is at issue his ex p*ssing and moaning because she is no longer getting the lofty support checks she was used to?

While I am not a Slade fan, I'm not sure it's fair to assume that he is not taking care of his sick child in any capacity. Also, my hunch is that the kid's mother probablity wants as little mention of her son on the show as possible, so perhaps Slade contractually cannot discuss certain things about his son. Visits and phone conversations between Slade and his son being televised are probably out of the question.

There is a lot of editing and subsequent character manipulation on this show. The editing is geared towards supporting the specific theatrics of the characters on the show. While we can probably call a spade a spade, or, a Slade a Slade, I'm not going to assume that Slade does not care about the well being of his son or that the fact that his son my have a terminal illness does not tear at him one bit.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:32 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox1972 View Post
Do we know if Slade is taking care of his son at all, or is at issue his ex p*ssing and moaning because she is no longer getting the lofty support checks she was used to?

While I am not a Slade fan, I'm not sure it's fair to assume that he is not taking care of his sick child in any capacity. Also, my hunch is that the kid's mother probablity wants as little mention of her son on the show as possible, so perhaps Slade contractually cannot discuss certain things about his son. Visits and phone conversations between Slade and his son being televised are probably out of the question.

There is a lot of editing and subsequent character manipulation on this show. The editing is geared towards supporting the specific theatrics of the characters on the show. While we can probably call a spade a spade, or, a Slade a Slade, I'm not going to assume that Slade does not care about the well being of his son or that the fact that his son my have a terminal illness does not tear at him one bit.
I agree 100%, reality stars do put themselves out there, in general I'd say public criticism is just part of the package they need to deal with, but saying a parent doesn't care about a very sick child has got to be incredibly painful for the parent, and we don't know what's actually going on so I choose to draw the line there. Judging by the first season when his sons were living with him, he seems to love them. Sometimes people just can't keep up with child support when their income drops dramatically, from the numbers I have seen his back child support owed is more than many people pay in the entire life of support payments, it's very possible that the payments were not reasonable after he went bust, and the ex refused to accept the drop in her lifestyle. It's also not unheard of for one parent to deny the other parent access to the child out of spite, or anger.

We just don't know the real truth, and the producers know that casting Slade as a horrible villain is good for ratings, but it seems that many people who actually know him, like him. Gretchen loves him, Terry and Heather seem fond of him, and even Gretchen's father seems to like him a lot, that makes it hard for me to believe he's the monster he's made out to be. I'll say again that this is all just my opinion, I don't want to start a big argument over Slade, everyone else is free to their own opinions.

Last edited by detshen; 06-17-2012 at 08:41 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,686 times
Doesn't Real Wives pay Slade to be on the show? I wonder how much he gets. It must be substantial, right?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Doesn't Real Wives pay Slade to be on the show? I wonder how much he gets. It must be substantial, right?
I would imagine they pay him a good amount to be the villain, and he gets quite a bit of screen time. He's a fame ***** not doubt about it, but I don't think even he would do a show that portrays him so badly without a decent paycheck. That's why I put "poor" in quotation marks in an earlier post, he's not truly poor, just comparatively poor.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox1972 View Post

It was mentioned somewhere, but I can't remember where, that he used to make big money and the child support was high due to that, but after the economy went bust his ex wouldn't agree to reduce the amount. It's not that he doesn't pay what he can afford, it's that she wants more than he can possibly make. He needs to go back to court to get it reduced, but hasn't yet.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 AM

943 posts, read 1,846,081 times
Someon update me on Brooks VIckies bf. or scam artiist???

Why is she buying him, teeth, clothes, cars Etc?

WHy don't he buy his own gear?

Does he have a income job etc?

Thanks for your help because Iam in a fog here and can't understand why a so called SMART biz women is opening the window an throwing money out of it on a person who has been in her life for a short time and a bit transiant at best.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 AM

943 posts, read 1,846,081 times
watching the segment where Tamara gets engaged.

What ahhhhhhh ungreatful, miserable Beeoch... She should bolt the doors lock the windows and turn on the gas. Beeoches like her don't deserve life.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,955,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I actually never said he was, just that he was trying to give that impression, and for awhile, like for many others, especially in SoCal during the boom, it worked. I don't know how much he claimed to be worth, but he spoke of how easy it was to earn his 1st million, so he was certainly trying to give the impression of a man on the rise, and that would have been when he first met Gretchen.
I understand. He appeared to be doing really well but it was a false wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV