Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I agree that Jim's "Christian values" have little to do with his chauvinistic tendencies. I think Jim would act chauvinistically whether he was Christian or not, he just uses religion as justification or an excuse imo.

Tamra complaining that Simon was "boring". I mean, he probably was, but also, he was out there busting his butt working while she was sitting home doing little to nothing. Of course he was tired, stressed and boring, who wouldn't feel that way when completely supporting their family financially?
Simon didn't exactly bust his butt. And he's an azz. She was a realtor until Simon decided he didn't want her working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
while the bathtub scene was a bit explicit even for the low standards of all the Housewife shows; but it was less shocking -to me- as I'm simply mortified at the behavior of slimeball Jim toward his wife. THAT is more disgusting to me than Tamra's antics with her boyfriend. And who the hell cares what Simon thinks? He was dating,according to Tamra, before she began dating. But really that doesn't matter either. Simon is an azz. Tamra showed poor judgement allowing that scene to be filmed but I'm more ashamed of Alexis for allowing her husband to treat her more like hired help than a partner. He is the worse case of a male chauvanist pig that I have seen in many,many years.Even more inexcuseable is his hiding behind the bible and his so called Christianity in order to behave in such a way. I suspect his religious beliefs have little to do with his attitude toward Alexis. Alexis and Jim really,really disgust me on so many levels.
Jim really is disgusting, he doesn't treat her with respect. I've known couples who choose a man works/woman stays home relationship, but the man still respects the woman, listens to her opinions, and at least occasionally helps out with the house and kids so his wife can have a little downtime. My parents were that way, but my dad put my mom up on a pedestal for her whole person, not just her looks. He thanked her on a regular basis, always treated her with respect, and they made decisions together, after he retired, he took on half the housework because he felt it was the right thing to do, she never even had to ask. The way Jim orders Alexis around like a waitress, treats her like she's a child, and is oblivious to her feeling stressed shows him to be a true pig, that has nothing to do with being religious, and it makes true Christians look bad.

I can't stand her, but I hope she gets out someday and learns that no amount of money is worth being treated like a possession, it may not happen until she hits 40 and he dumps her for a younger model. His "Christian" values will not stop him from divorcing her as soon as her looks start to fade. I'll never understand how a woman can trade diamonds for her self respect.

Last edited by detshen; 03-22-2011 at 10:30 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Jim really is disgusting, he doesn't treat her with respect. I've known couples who choose a man works/woman stays home relationship, but the man still respects the woman, listens to her opinions, and at least occasionally helps out with the house and kids so his wife can have a little downtime. My parenst were that way, but my dad put my mom up on a pedestal for her whole person, not just her looks. He thanked her on a regular basis, always treated her with respect, and they made decisions together, after he retired, he took on half the housework because he felt it was the right thing to do, she never even had to ask. The way Jim orders Alexis around like a waitress, treats her like she's a child, and is oblivious to her feeling stressed shows him to be a true pig, that has nothing to do with being religious, and it makes true Christians look bad.

I can't stand her, but I hope she gets out someday and learns that no amount of money is worth being treated like a possession, it may not happen until she hits 40 and he dumps her for a younger model. His "Christian" values will not stop him from divorcing her as soon as her looks start to fade. I'll never understand how a woman can trade diamonds for her self respect.
awesome post! You were blessed to have a father who respected your mother I guess in Jim's religion respect is not part of the creed.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
awesome post! You were blessed to have a father who respected your mother I guess in Jim's religion respect is not part of the creed.
Jim is a weak person, a genuinely strong and secure man doesn't need to control and lord over a woman to feel important, a real man understands that partners deserve equal respect. He is setting such a poor example for their children. I chose a different lifestyle than my mom, my parents always supported that, but insisted I keep their most important lesson, which I did, I found a man who treats me with complete love and respect.

Last edited by detshen; 03-22-2011 at 11:03 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Jim is a weak person, a genuinely strong and secure man doesn't need to control and lord over a woman to feel important, a real man understands that partners deserve equal respect. He is setting such a poor example for their children. I chose a different lifestyle than my mom, my parents always supported that, but insisted I keep their most important lesson, which I did, I found a man who treats me with complete love and respect.
Bravo!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:14 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
Simon didn't exactly bust his butt. And he's an azz. She was a realtor until Simon decided he didn't want her working.
He worked a lot until he decided to start "working from home". (They covered this on an episode. I think it was the second season they were on.) And Tamra may have her real estate license, but the woman barely worked. It was just something she did as a diversion from her stay-at-home life and didn't contribute any significant income.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
...The way Jim orders Alexis around like a waitress, treats her like she's a child, and is oblivious to her feeling stressed shows him to be a true pig...
is it that he's oblivious, though? or does he just not care?

I think he just doesn't give a crap if she's stressed, i.e., "deal with it". that makes it worse, imo.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
I think Jim just doesn't care ~~ Alexis is nothing more then arm candy for him. He is NOT even good looking either.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 AM

I have no idea what she sees in him. He had money at some point, but, there are plenty of men in Cali with money. Why didn't she go for one of them instead?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I actually liked Simon. I think he was made out to look more controlling than he really was (he voiced his opinion, but that seemed to be the extent of it) and he is nothing like Jim!!! There was always footage of Simon involved with the children and you never saw him order his wife around like Jim. I always felt like Tamra was screeching orders at him. I got the impression that he was trying to do what was best for his family, but Tamra's "quasi-fame" was affecting their relationship (due to her big head/antics) and their dwindling bank account (I'm sure her spending increased along with her "fame." ) As someone else pointed out, Tamra became dissatisfied with the relationship when the money wasn't there or what it used to be.

Jim skeeves me.

I don't have gaydar, but Eddie didn't read gay to me, just a metro looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV