Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zasie View Post
Back
My god! Did you notice how much the actor who plays Ian had grown over the show's hiatus? I almost didn't recognize him; I thought at first that they had replaced him with an older, bigger actor.

I actually got to watch the fist episode of this season a couple of weeks ago. I had done a quick replay of the whole first season because I wanted to be ready for the next season to start and when I clicked on a link for the final episode of last season and started watching it, I realized it was taking place in the summer. I'm like, WTF? All last season, it was winter and I think there was snow on the ground for almost every episode. It took me a couple of minutes to realize I was watching the first episode of the first season, even though it was two (or three) weeks before it was supposed to happen. I was hoping that I would be able to catch the second episode early, too, at this same link but I haven't been able to find it. And, of course, the next episode is coming up on in a few days anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
I just started watching this show in the second season... I must say I am hooked! One of my new favs.

Frank is nut! Macy does a great job playing him. I also like Fiona's character.

I'm still trying to figure things out a little bit since I did not see the first season. But my plan is to watch the first season on Demand throughout the second season to help me catchup as I have a million questions. But I'm definitely hooked now...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I just started watching this show in the second season... I must say I am hooked! One of my new favs.

Frank is nut! Macy does a great job playing him. I also like Fiona's character.

I'm still trying to figure things out a little bit since I did not see the first season. But my plan is to watch the first season on Demand throughout the second season to help me catchup as I have a million questions. But I'm definitely hooked now...
You can go back and watch season one here:

Shameless - US | Watch Shameless - US online | TV Show | SideReel

There are some very good episodes (like when the kids' mother/Frank's wife returns for a few episodes) and I think it would be worth it to go back and see it from the beginning.

Sometimes you have to play around with the links that Sidereel provides to find one that will work for you.

Fiona is a very sympathetic character - there was more than once during the first season when I almost cried for her.

Frank is an awful person. No sympathy for him from me.

Debbie is adorable and seems to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders. Another character who I feel so sorry for.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I find Fiona incredibly annoying, but it's better this season ... she's not as whiney.

The reason to watch this show is Macy ... wow, what a great character he brings to life. Very unlike anything else he's ever done. And you know he just loves doing this show ... Cusak too ... they are HOME!!!!

Love love love this show.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM

430 posts, read 1,695,084 times
I think Sheila (Joan Cusack) was my favorite character. William H. Macy is excellent as usual.

I don't think Emmy Rossum is right for Fiona. I didn't realize her character was supposed to be 21 until halfway through the first season and I thought No Way, she looks and acts much more than 21... I was sure Emmy Rossum was 30 though looked her up and she's actually only 25.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
I think Emmy Rossum is perfect as Fiona, she displays the right blend of responsibility raising her family, and vulnerability when it comes to affairs of the heart.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Green View Post
I think Sheila (Joan Cusack) was my favorite character. William H. Macy is excellent as usual.

I don't think Emmy Rossum is right for Fiona. I didn't realize her character was supposed to be 21 until halfway through the first season and I thought No Way, she looks and acts much more than 21... I was sure Emmy Rossum was 30 though looked her up and she's actually only 25.
You do realize that a person who has had to endure that much and raise several children and lead a family like that is going to act and look much older than they are, right?

Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I find Fiona incredibly annoying, but it's better this season ... she's not as whiney.
How was she at all whiney last season?

Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I think it had more to do with that guy she was with ... this season, she seems much more independent.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I think Emmy Rossum is perfect as Fiona, she displays the right blend of responsibility raising her family, and vulnerability when it comes to affairs of the heart.
I agree. I think the actress has played a very believable and sympathetic Fiona - a young woman carrying a huge burden.

albion - I see that you're in England? Do you - or have you - watched the British version? I watched the first episode of the British version on Netflix and I found that the American version seems to follow the British version pretty closely, as far as the characters (except in the British version, Veronica is white). I had wanted to watch more of the British version, but the accents are so heavy, I was having a hard time following it. I should try again - maybe it would get easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think it had more to do with that guy she was with ... this season, she seems much more independent.
Ah ha - but Steve was in this week's episode. I wonder if he will be coming back. I actually liked the character - even though he did bad things, he did seem to have a good and generous heart as far as Fiona and the kids went. He also seemed to be one of the few people who tried to make Frank somewhat accountable for the neglect of his kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV