Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:52 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,512,518 times

Advertisements

The Beckham's Come to America is a show where plastic surgery meets too much money meets brain dead meets fame all wrapped up in a family of 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

52 posts, read 462,157 times
Default Gag me

As if we don't have enough shallow, stupid, money-obsessed, life-wasting idiots in America and especially L.A., we are now importing them from England. Great. And I suppose they'll just happen to become Scientologists, since they live practically next door to little Tom Cruise and his Stepford Wife, and start pouring more celebrity money into L. Ron Hubbard's pockets. Ack! Unless their total self-absorption acts as a kind of cult-shield and they can manage to deflect the Cruise's overtures. Anyone care to place a bet on this: how long before we hear mention of this in the media?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,500,045 times
For a bunch of folks who are allegedly sick of the media coverage of these shallow/unimportant people, you all seem to have spent quite a bit of time reading about, watching, and getting worked up over them.

For the record, I have no knowledge of Victoria Beckham other than that she's an ex-Spice Girl. I know about David Beckham as a football player only, since I religiously follow European football/soccer. Say what you will about his personal life (I really don't know anything about it), but the guy has a golden right foot.

I watched the game between LA Galaxy & Chelsea -- I have to admit, the inane closeups/interviews with/of celebrities and zooming in on Beckham's every activity was a bit much. Thank goodness for TiVo!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:33 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,656,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
For a bunch of folks who are allegedly sick of the media coverage of these shallow/unimportant people, you all seem to have spent quite a bit of time reading about, watching, and getting worked up over them.

For the record, I have no knowledge of Victoria Beckham other than that she's an ex-Spice Girl. I know about David Beckham as a football player only, since I religiously follow European football/soccer. Say what you will about his personal life (I really don't know anything about it), but the guy has a golden right foot.

I watched the game between LA Galaxy & Chelsea -- I have to admit, the inane closeups/interviews with/of celebrities and zooming in on Beckham's every activity was a bit much. Thank goodness for TiVo!
I'm afraid I have tried very hard to ignore those 2 and failed. In the UK they are everywhere, including proper newspapers and proper news channels. it has been inflicted upon me and I am just glad they are out of this country. To tell you how much out of it I am I had never even heard of Paris Hilton until I joined this forum and she is apparently very famous in the UK too. I am unaware of most celebrities as I work very hard to filter them out of my life. The Beckhams are just in a different league of self promotion. They must have spent millions getting themselves everywhere. It has been a relentless self-promotion fest for these 2 . I feel sorry for Americans.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:37 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,500,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
In the UK they are everywhere, including proper newspapers and proper news channels.
I can definitely see that, and I sympathize. That's why I stopped getting my news from TV many years ago -- on the internet I decide what I want to know.

And TiVo has been a godsend when watching TV -- I have no idea of any commercials or anything anymore, because I just fast-forward through them.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:42 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,469,684 times
Yawn !!! who cares. America is so enamoured with hollywood celebs and famous people. Is this poshes last attemp to revive the has been that never was in herself..... and what does her hubby play, crickett ? I certainly hope I dont have to listen to him call it football.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:05 PM

52 posts, read 181,869 times
When they got their green cards to come here, I wonder what worthy immigrants were pushed back in line. Surely, there were other people that could be of more credit to our country than those two.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,164,317 times
They bore me...

Now I read where Victoria will show up in an episode of Ugly Betty this season.

Victoria Beckham turns "Ugly" for Betty - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,634,811 times
OK,,Times up,,,England can have them back now!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:42 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,656,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
OK,,Times up,,,England can have them back now!
No Thank you ! They're all yours !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV