Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I would have loved to see Kalia, instead of sitting there quivering, go all angry on Jeff's ass. Get up there and jab the overhand finger. "If you think you are going to come in here and bully me, you better back that truck up. Being nominated is part of the game. Be a big boy about it!" Instead, she crumbled.

The noobs' greatest error was to allow and perpetuate the returners' star complexes. In essence, by denigrating themselves to a lower social class, they gave up the game at the outset. They allowed themselves (mostly) to be labeled 'floaters' and for that to carry a totally negative connotation, when in fact 'floater' is an excellent strategy. It may not be very entertaining to TV viewers, but the reason the Rachels of the game hate so-called floaters is because floaters have the sense to let a Rachel self-impregnate and avoid the shrapnel.

It was like football rookies stepping on the field for the first time with all-league players and thinking, omigawd, how dare I even tackle that guy. And the only sensible handling is: not only do I tackle him, I tackle him like I mean it, and he can help himself up. That's how they should have played. Dominic was the only one not wowed by star power, and it was absolutely smart to have him out of there on the returners' part.
Your absolutely correct, you always go after the best players first. I don't care if your playing football or checkers go after the toughest players first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:46 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Spoiler
i was looking at Joker's transcript and I see that a really ugly side of Dani has come out. She is another one who feels entitled. I also found it telling that she has been very cold towards Kalia. She was her BFF, but she has no use for her now that she is on the block with her. I don't like Kalia, but it seems that she still wants to be Dani's friend and have her like her. Sad.
Considering her position and when she knows one is definitely staying and one is definitely going she's just sulking right now. And you would be too. Brendon couldn't sex Rachel up enough to get her from sulking too.

It's normal.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
I rolled my eyes the episode where Shelly was like "I just want to play with you guys, you guys are awesome." I believe she said that to Jeff and Jordan. From that moment on, she lost all sense of gameplay and was basically star struck.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Your absolutely correct, you always go after the best players first. I don't care if your playing football or checkers go after the toughest players first.
What about on Survivor?

I keep trying to ask a question about the spoiler, but it won't let me hide it. Don't you just type it, then hit hide, and it should make a spoiler tag?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
What about on Survivor?

I keep trying to ask a question about the spoiler, but it won't let me hide it. Don't you just type it, then hit hide, and it should make a spoiler tag?
When you are typing a response just look up to the up on top of the narrative box and click on the "show/hide" icon and your fonts will appear. just type in the middle of that.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
What about on Survivor?

I actually type in the spoiler code, which is [spoiler ] (without the final space), then close it out with [/spoiler ] (again, without the final space).

Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey713 View Post
Are there any gay people on this show?
Wouldn't it be funny if they had a gay big brother season? If they took all the gay contestents from years back and had them all together. Can you imagine, Bunky, Marcelles, Ragan, The guy with gonnoreah, I forget his name.
LOL.

They had a gay person on each season and if 13 seasons passed, you have a show!

They would have drag contests for POV lol

Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Considering her position and when she knows one is definitely staying and one is definitely going she's just sulking right now. And you would be too. Brendon couldn't sex Rachel up enough to get her from sulking too.

It's normal.
Spoiler
Dom and Brendan never acted the way Dani is acting. She's being awful.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

It's normal.

Spoiler

I would be cold too. Kalia messed up her HOH week. Dani had to clean it up the following week with Brandon. They would have had the numbers. But ONCE again the spineless Kalia bowed down. Had she put up Jordan in place of Rachel, one of the Vets would have been gone before Brandown walked back into the house. They would have had the numbers. She messed up.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if they had a gay big brother season? If they took all the gay contestents from years back and had them all together. Can you imagine, Bunky, Marcelles, Ragan, The guy with gonnoreah, I forget his name.
LOL.

They had a gay person on each season and if 13 seasons passed, you have a show!

They would have drag contests for POV lol
I like the idea except for the drag part. I hate how the drag culture gets lumped in with gay culture. This gay man can't stand drag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV