Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,938 times

Advertisements

At least you know how rigorous Brendon and Rachel are in the bedroom with the way her legs stay wrapped around something for so long with little to no effort.

I KNEW there was a reason he was with her. Lars is dumb as hell for thinking his real girl blow up doll is wifey material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Why are the producers always showing Kahlia eating and talking with her mouth and eyes wide open all at the same time. Are they trying to gross us out.

I agree this is a wasted season. 10-1 Rachel ends up the winner. It has to work that way, right CBS.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,465,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
You said the rigging is more obvious. Why do you think that it is rigged?
I'll tell you why I do.

First of all, we have no verification of 'America's Vote' for Brendan to get back into the house. They can say it's whatever they want to say. Funny, isn't it, how America supposedly voted for the re-entrant who would create the biggest Rachel mood swings? This despite that many people seem to dislike past contestants being re-cast?

Then comes the aftermath of Dani and Jeff being evicted. Looks like Jordan and Rachel are on the ropes with Porsche HoH. So what do we do? Set up a twist that will enable them both to come off the block if either wins veto--and make sure it's one designed for Rachel to win! (Strong legs, moderately athletic, and a picture of Brendan to wrap the legs around. If she can't win that with her future in the game on the line, she truly would be hopeless.)

Then there are the very persistent snippets we have gotten for years now about how in the DR, the producers openly pressure and cajole and influence how they will vote. Some people have strong will, but some don't, and when you are isolated in a place where you depend upon an outside agency for everything relating to your comfort, there is a fundamental intimidation factor. Producers can not only make their lives hell if they choose, they can make them look like hell in front of the TV audience.

This is why I call it Rigged Brother. They tried not rigging it the first time, and they got three boring guys going to the end liking each other. The only remotely interesting aspect was that one was missing a leg. Now they orchestrate everything to the greatest extent they can. If anyone trusts and believes 'America's Vote' as honest, they are too credulous in my view.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Why are the producers always showing Kahlia eating and talking with her mouth and eyes wide open all at the same time. Are they trying to gross us out.
No, they save that for when she lets one rip!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:07 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Then comes the aftermath of Dani and Jeff being evicted. Looks like Jordan and Rachel are on the ropes with Porsche HoH. So what do we do? Set up a twist that will enable them both to come off the block if either wins veto--and make sure it's one designed for Rachel to win! (Strong legs, moderately athletic, and a picture of Brendan to wrap the legs around. If she can't win that with her future in the game on the line, she truly would be hopeless.)

I agree there is some activity in the DR to influence the players.

The twist with the double veto though is not as set up as you imply. porsche did not have to open pandoras box. Thats the only reason that came into play. if she had said no then there would be no way to introduce the duo scene.

The choice was ultimately HOH to make and open that up. Sure I believe the producers set it up to get R and J off the block if HOH opened pandoras box, but the choice was still HOH not a blatant rigging.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM

819 posts, read 3,209,149 times
you guys have so many nicknames for people I can't keep up. I'm assuming Ford Car is Portia? I don't get it? lol

Old 09-01-2011, 12:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
you guys have so many nicknames for people I can't keep up. I'm assuming Ford Car is Portia? I don't get it? lol
Cause she aint good enough to be a real PORCHE

Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 PM

625 posts, read 952,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Cause she aint good enough to be a real PORCHE

But I would love to see that engine under her trunk.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
But I would love to see that engine under her trunk.
Even a Ford Pinto looks good with a fresh coat of paint.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,465,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I agree there is some activity in the DR to influence the players.

The twist with the double veto though is not as set up as you imply. porsche did not have to open pandoras box. Thats the only reason that came into play. if she had said no then there would be no way to introduce the duo scene.

The choice was ultimately HOH to make and open that up. Sure I believe the producers set it up to get R and J off the block if HOH opened pandoras box, but the choice was still HOH not a blatant rigging.
Have to, no, but they know these people pretty well by now. They knew she would do it. Especially if they dangled some money in front of her, a young woman for whom $5K is significant. Had it been someone other than Porsche, I believe the reward would have been tailored to lure them. That combined with the sudden return of the duo twist--which helped the veterans more than anyone--tells me it was as blatant a rigging as they felt they could get away with. And for all we know, had the HoH not opened it, they might have made it possible for others to open it. One way or another, that box was coming open, I'll wager.

I suppose it's less blatant than just declaring the return of the duo twist by fiat. In the sense that robbing a convenience store with a fake gun is less blatant than robbing with a real one, maybe.

What offends me about it is the insult to the viewers' intelligence. I'm a viewer, and I'm not pleased they insulted my intelligence. For them to imagine that I'd believe this was long planned in advance, and thus would have happened at this point no matter what the situation in the sound stage (it's not a house), amounts to saying "we think you'll fall for something this obvious." Not enthused one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV