Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I guess I'm the only viewer who just wanted to get to the results. Too long of a show for my liking. It should've been an hour long and just like American Idol, they wait 'til the eleventh hour to announce the winner. I wish singing shows would annouce the winner with 15 minutes left in the show. That way, the winner can (attempt to) sing and coaches/judges, hosts, loved ones can talk to the winner and the viewers can hear a few words from the winner.
I thought the whole thing was too long and just went to bed. I sort of wanted to hear Cher, but based on the comments I'm glad I missed it. It was bad enough seeing Rod Stuart earlier this season.

I was happy with the result and Danielle is the first winner who I've really enjoyed listening to. Any of the top 3 could easily have successful music careers and I hope they all do.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:23 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I guess I'm the only viewer who just wanted to get to the results. Too long of a show for my liking. It should've been an hour long and just like American Idol, they wait 'til the eleventh hour to announce the winner. I wish singing shows would annouce the winner with 15 minutes left in the show. That way, the winner can (attempt to) sing and coaches/judges, hosts, loved ones can talk to the winner and the viewers can hear a few words from the winner.

Agree ... but it will never happen. We should feel lucky the show wasn't THREE hours ... then we'd probably
get an hour just with Christina Milian, or whatever her name is. Cannot STAND her or the stupid drivel she comes up with. It's all just filling time, filling time, filling time. And Carson "just taking a minute" to ask the judges stupid questions... more time off the clock.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Cher was sad to me. It was like watching Grandma trying to be sexy. I don't get why some celebrities can't age gracefully and retire when it is time.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Agree ... but it will never happen. We should feel lucky the show wasn't THREE hours ... then we'd probably
get an hour just with Christina Milian, or whatever her name is. Cannot STAND her or the stupid drivel she comes up with. It's all just filling time, filling time, filling time. And Carson "just taking a minute" to ask the judges stupid questions... more time off the clock.
I hate Christina's spots. She doesn't need to talk to the singers, thats what Carson is for. IMO, she adds nothing to the show.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:43 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Cher was sad to me. It was like watching Grandma trying to be sexy. I don't get why some celebrities can't age gracefully and retire when it is time.

Did we see the same performance?? She was epic!! Loved it.

In my opinion, therein lies the difference between Cher and practically everybody. She doesn't make an effort to be sexy, she just IS.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:31 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Did we see the same performance?? She was epic!! Loved it.

In my opinion, therein lies the difference between Cher and practically everybody. She doesn't make an effort to be sexy, she just IS.
I saw a performance of someone who appeared to have trouble moving and was dressed inappropriately for her age. That is not sexy to me, but I am a woman. I wonder if men thought she appeared sexy. The young men I was watching it with did not at all. They found it sad too.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:08 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
I thought she looked like a chicken

My wife thought she looked like a robot

I won't go as far to say that she looked like Robot Chicken

although I don't think either of the descriptions are necessarily sexy...........

Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
I thought Cher's hairstyle was atrocious, and the outfit not that sexy. Something more simple would have looked way sexier!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:39 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Smile Today Show on Friday

For the Danielle Fans...she is appearing on the Today Show tomorrow, (Friday). Must See TV!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
I saw her perform on the Tonight Show Wednesday night. She did pretty good. While talking with Jay, she seemed a little overwhelmed about so much happening to her so quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV