Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 03:46 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ahh ok that makes sense. Of course I only noticed Christina lol.
I did too at first, then realized the guys were dressed the same too and then the contestants. Plus Carson Daly seemed to indicate it was all in one day when he told the audience to hang on with them while they worked out how they were going to get the teams full when all the contestants had already had a turn.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
I love Blake Shelton, and he is so funny and talented. In concert he will have you laughing the whole time, and he sounds as good as his CDs.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:50 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I love Blake Shelton, and he is so funny and talented. In concert he will have you laughing the whole time, and he sounds as good as his CDs.
I think he is an arrogant azzh*le and he does not want anyone singing his songs or that of Miranda and I forsee this marriage btwn the two of them not working due to the fact that each of them wants to be the bigger star .

Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think he is an arrogant azzh*le and he does not want anyone singing his songs or that of Miranda and I forsee this marriage btwn the two of them not working due to the fact that each of them wants to be the bigger star .

Nah, I love both of them, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. I think singing the stars songs is a huge gamble, and he was right. No one sang his or Miranda's songs very well.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,861,584 times
I thought the girl sounded amazing singing that Miranda Lambert song. This makes me really want to hear Miranda Lambert sing since everyone is saying she is so much better. I'm a huge Carrie Underwood fan. Does Miranda Lambert sing as good or even better than Carrie? Heading over to YouTube to find out.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

YouTube - The House That Built Me-Miranda Lambert with LYRICS

Miranda started out on Nashville Star around the same time as Carrie on Idol I think. Don't remember if she won, but she did really well from then on, but didn't seem to get quite the instant recognition. I believe she writes a lot of her own songs but not this one. She plays the guitar as well which I admire.

Blake has stated Miranda is going to allow him to retire EARLY

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

Miranda started out on Nashville Star around the same time as Carrie on Idol I think. Don't remember if she won, but she did really well from then on, but didn't seem to get quite the instant recognition. I believe she writes a lot of her own songs but not this one. She plays the guitar as well which I admire.

no, she didn't win However none of the winners of that show have done anything

Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Thanks for answering that Pippy. I remember my husband was crushing on her a bit too much for my liking or so I thought (jk). She's great!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

She has a beautiful voice but I think I prefer Carrie Underwood. I'm glad to see country music with so much talent.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM

512 posts, read 862,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Since this is most likely the first time you've ever paid attention to him, I guess I can see where you'd come up with such an off kilter opinon of him. I say off kilter because the last thing I'd describe Blake Shelton as being is arrogant, or the othe word.

If I were a judge and someone came on the show, knowing I was the judge, choosing to sing one of my songs or a song of my soon-to-be-spouse my first thought it that it's a ploy to get on my good side. However, if they knocked my socks off I'd be like Ceelo and smack that button. but none of the singers wooing Blake knocked my socks off, so I wasn't surprised in the least that he didn't smack his button.

That being said, the girl who got a second chance sounded SO much better with the second song. She picked the absolute wrong song when she chose Miranda's, but I think that goes back to her choosing it to try to get on Blake's good side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV