Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
All of them had really sad back stories didn't they?

If not for his wife, Donald's story would have had a much different ending. I live in Houston and am familiar with where he grew up. He really did deal drugs on street corners and, even with his great sports ability, he'd probably have ended up like so many other addicts. His early-life hardships are why he and his wife started the Donald Driver Foundation, whose goal is "to help change homeless family and education issues".

The Donald Driver Foundation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,275,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Believe me...if ABC is trying, for whatever reason, to help his career along, it could happen. They could hope that, with some coaching, he'd come across as a nice guy (instead of the creep that MettaWorldPeace came across as last season). That's why I complained on ABC's website.
Metta is really making the world wonder if he should have his name taken back. A month or so ago he hit one of the Oklahoma Thunder players while entering the basket ball court hard enough he went to the hospital. His second such offense. He was not allowed to play for a few games. Tonight the Lakers played the Thunder in OKC and he was booed on his way inside and recieved a LOUD public boo when introduced.

Sportmanship, anyone? The manager of one of the local OKC stations in the editorial he gave on violence in sports used his pre-meta name, saying he didn't feel he represented 'world peace'.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,200,602 times
Quote:
If not for his wife, Donald's story would have had a much different ending. I live in Houston and am familiar with where he grew up. He really did deal drugs on street corners and, even with his great sports ability, he'd probably have ended up like so many other addicts. His early-life hardships are why he and his wife started the Donald Driver Foundation, whose goal is "to help change homeless family and education issues".

The Donald Driver Foundation
Well glad he turned his life around until DWTS I've never heard of him before.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
Quote:
Thanks so much, Ken. I googled "reflectorial spasm" and didnt find much in the way of explanation. Hopefully, Katherine will recover fully by next week if she ends up in the semi-finals.
I hate to say it (I'm a big fan of Katherine) but I suspect she'll be the one to go. I've seen it happen before where at this stage in the competition a favored dancer has had one mess up and they end up out of the running. This season - when the competition is all so very highly skilled - it's something that no contestant can afford to have happen.

Of course I COULD be wrong, but I don't think so.

Ken

Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,142,530 times
After watching Katherine's first dance tonight, I was almost certain that she would make the top two or maybe even win the mirror ball. What a shame she faltered in her second dance, and I pray that she isn't seriously injured.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 PM

44,643 posts, read 61,669,787 times
'Reflectoral spasm' is a spasm usually cause by either a pinched nerve, pressure on a joint, spine out of alignment and the reflex to the pain caused by those symptoms. Notice how she started to go down and backwards, indicating a spasm that caused her to un-controllably favor that spot. We'll see the explanation tomorrow night.

Katherine is my favorite, but as close as this competition is, her mis-step tonight may be the breaking point that sends her home.

Yes I thought the judging was a little weird tonight.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,300,380 times
In the very beginning, I predicted that Katherine, Maria and William would be the last three. I hope I am right.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,603,494 times
I wasn't able to watch last night! Will try to check it out online today before the results show. Sounds like another good one.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,982,812 times
Quote:
Omy goodness....no comments about tonight's show????????????

All of the four semi-finalists are so good. They truly are the best four finalists of any season.

I dont know what happened to Katherine...at first it looked like she just had a mis-step at the end of her second dance and then over-reacted to the disappointment. It seemed to take a while for her to complain about her back hurting. Perhaps the stress of the mis-step caused her back muscles to tighten up.

William was wonderful but I think the judges were very easy on him both times. And, again, they were pretty tough on Donald's first dance. Maria was good but it's hard to know how much of that is due to hard work and how much is due to Derek's choreography and his talent for teaching.

It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to any of the four tomorrow. The scores were all so close that I cant even guess who'll be going home.

I think I'd be least disappointed if Maria or Katherine goes home tomorrow. I'd love to see William and Donald in the finals.
I so agree with you, about Katherine especially. She seems so perfect and I think I'm jealous, but she seems a bit too 'good'. She's a perfectionist and she stumbled before at the end of a performance, and it happened again and she just seemed distraught over that at first. I was thinking the head in the hands wasn't crying as much as thinking 'How can I play this best to my advantage'? It's probably just me, being jealous, but those were my immediate thoughts. Back and neck problems can be ambiguous, re a diagnosis.

Maria could be a sleeper in this competition. I think that tango was wonderful.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,937 times
I thought William (while delicious) was a little sloppy in his dance. However, that slinky hot pink shirt floating around his shoulders and revealing little glimpses of his chest? Oh yeah, I could live on that for weeks!

Maria is my favorite to watch lately, and she cracked me up last night with her antics after the scoring. Her papa was such a cutie!

I wonder if Donald will get his 10 in the freestyle? I get the feeling Len is holding it back just to be curmudgeonly.

I hope Katherine is OK. She HATES to make a mistake. Not that this injury was a 'mistake' but she kept apologizing, and it seemed like she was blaming herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV