Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I agree and if it is a fringe radical group, her dad will be the one to swoop in and save her....
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 08:16 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
I have gotten really tired of the all the high drama monlogue's that everyone seems to take their turn doing. Particularly, papa Pope. Ugh!! Shut up already.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:56 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
I'm sick of all this 'hot abusive love relationships" Quinn knew what's his name was going to kill her so that turns her on to have sex with him again? Same thing with Huck & her if this be the case that woman has one warped sense of passion.

Olivia being the damsel in distress is old too she is cheating with a married man! Now there life together might be her life's destiny but make up your mind already and leave the other man alone.

Mellie gave the perfect 'in your face' to Portia's character this week but Mellie is a married woman cheating so lets keep glorifying marriage vows don't mean a thing. Why not that seems to be the way of this old world now days.

I'm happy to see Cyrus isn't leaving but his relationship with the male prostitute turned finance is stupid too. If your gay then walk in it but how is him hooking up with a prostitute any different than many of our real congressmen & senators hooking up with one? Illegal yes but why such extremes he has to go into a farce marriage to cover it up?

Mama & Papa Pope is old too no way would she be getting 'go directly to go & collect $200' cards in real life. Papa Pope played the part with Olivia & the gun very convincingly even though he is a dark character he is a good character on this show. Mama not so much snuff her out then there is one less problem to deal with.

Pfft is where I'm at with this mid season finale, which by the way I hate those, just show the season all the way through. Heck I forget some of the storylines by the time it picks back up in the spring.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:51 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
OK, When this show first aired, I only watched the first few episodes and was mostly turned off by the whole affair thing, I just had the opportunity to see some reruns on late night tv and I got more background of what took place to explain Oliver's relationship with Fitz. Someone could have said something. I'm not calling out any names Tami. J/K . Well at least now, I don't feel bad about the two of them smooching anymore, now that I've just started taking up watching it as of just a few episodes prior to the season break. I no longer have to act like a judgemental prude. YAY! Hopefully, I won't forget to watch it when it airs on Sat evenings, I'm looking forward to seeing all I missed out on.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Ah, come on - you knew it wasn't loaded. And Olivia should have known too.
And when he got all defensive and shocked - she should have just said "There's the door."

She starts out with a righteous attitude and then goes wimpy.
Eyes get all dewey and her bottom lip almost starts trembling.
She had the exact same expression with both her Mom and Dad.
Get a spine and keep it, Olivia!

I think Mellie and Cyrus need to starrt scheming together
That's one of the issues I have with this show - what's going to happen or what is going to be said before it is is way too obvious. Except for Mellie -that character is something else!

Oliva's face is always contracting and contorting. When she sneers she looks like a piranha. I find it hard to watch Kerry Washington the actress anymore. Another actor with this issue is the guy who plays Sam in Supernatural.

I wish the show would get back to first season - Gladiators, white hats and FIXING issues.

Enough of standing in the sun and making jam in Vermont.

Oliva's magical vagina has run it's course, let's get back to basics!

Old 11-30-2014, 08:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
So is the VP working with B613?!?!?!
No. The VP is working with the people that want the war in West Angola.

B613 did not take Olivia. Too bad she tried to kill her father. She needed his protection.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:18 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
OK, When this show first aired, I only watched the first few episodes and was mostly turned off by the whole affair thing, I just had the opportunity to see some reruns on late night tv and I got more background of what took place to explain Oliver's relationship with Fitz. Someone could have said something. I'm not calling out any names Tami. J/K . Well at least now, I don't feel bad about the two of them smooching anymore, now that I've just started taking up watching it as of just a few episodes prior to the season break. I no longer have to act like a judgemental prude. YAY! Hopefully, I won't forget to watch it when it airs on Sat evenings, I'm looking forward to seeing all I missed out on.
Whaaaaaaa?????? I didn't know you haven't been a faithful viewer. Whatever, your comments never bothered me. I still don't like that the main theme is an adulterous affair. How's that for prudy??

Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Whaaaaaaa?????? I didn't know you haven't been a faithful viewer. Whatever, your comments never bothered me. I still don't like that the main theme is an adulterous affair. How's that for prudy??

LOL, I had stopped watching after the first few episodes, only started back watching about a month ago. After seeing what the wife was like from the beginning, I no longer have any qualms. They were never really in a loving marriage nor were they ever going to be prior to Olivia coming on the scene, quite sick, but that's how some people live in the face of power and politics. I wouldn't want in from either side if I were any of the whole scenario is cray cray, but, the rest of the story is intriguing especially the father daughter antics.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:47 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I don't know the background of why Olivia and Fritz are all hot and bothered for each other. I just started watching a couple seasons ago and finally figured out Huck and a few other character's quirks!! I need to watch season one I guess!

Old 12-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I don't know the background of why Olivia and Fritz are all hot and bothered for each other. I just started watching a couple seasons ago and finally figured out Huck and a few other character's quirks!! I need to watch season one I guess!
For sure, it's good reference, prior to that, I was so not for them, but having now seen what the wife is really about, and how the marriage was before they even got together. OMG! I'm amazed Fitz and his wife were ever together from the get go, but I think that was mentioned, but I sort of missed part of something about him being tricked into the marriage, I think. I would definitely recommend seeing earlier episodes, just after Amanda was killed, the episode where he body was found. Somewhere around there.

I tried to find a clip that was more in reference to what I was talking about but could only find just the part of the episode where Fitz and Olivia first met. But if you do decide to rewatch earlier episodes, it's episode 106 or season-1 episode-6 that cleared some things up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7QcOCzUvE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV