Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 01:02 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
CBS is done with "Pure Genius"
How many episodes did it run? 5-6?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 04:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
4 episodes. And the writing was on the wall, given that they came into this broadcasting the episodes out of order of the production numbers (101->103->106->102). Whether the resulting order was deliberate or not, I generally find that rookie shows don't survive when the do that.

It has been a very bad year for television imho. I think CBS made the right choice, but Pure Genius was still on our list of things to watch - that's how far down toward the bottom of the barrel we're going these days just to have something to watch. I'm reaching back into Quantico to have something to watch this coming weekend, and I had sworn the show off earlier in the fall. I'm also toying with watching Conviction even though it is apparently ending.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:07 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
CBS cancels "Brain Dead" and "American Gothic"
ouch! that was the only show I've liked all year. But it was right for the time, and might not really have found a niche in 2017. Maybe better off cancelled now than run into the ground later.

Or maybe someone else will pick it up.

Regardless, I can't wait to see what the Kings come up with next!

Old 11-22-2016, 05:43 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
How many episodes did it run? 5-6?
It has not technically been cancelled - CBS simply has not committed beyond the initial 13 episode run which pretty much says it will be cancelled. The latest reports that CBS will finish airing those episodes.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:57 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It has been a very bad year for television imho. I think CBS made the right choice, but Pure Genius was still on our list of things to watch - that's how far down toward the bottom of the barrel we're going these days just to have something to watch.
Ah yes Mondays and Thursdays for me it is the rerun channels. Shark Tank and SVU fill my nights.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:49 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
It has not technically been cancelled - CBS simply has not committed beyond the initial 13 episode run which pretty much says it will be cancelled. The latest reports that CBS will finish airing those episodes.
That means cancelled

but yes the initial 13 will air.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:36 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
Quote:
That means cancelled

but yes the initial 13 will air.
I wish you would include this information (if you know it) when you post that something has been cancelled. Usually, over the past decade or so, "cancelled" means "No more episodes. Ever. Period." I almost stopped watching Conviction after reading your "cancelled" report. But I discovered later ABC was going to run all 13 episodes. I've come to like this show.

Thanks.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:20 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I wish you would include this information (if you know it) when you post that something has been cancelled. Usually, over the past decade or so, "cancelled" means "No more episodes. Ever. Period." I almost stopped watching Conviction after reading your "cancelled" report. But I discovered later ABC was going to run all 13 episodes. I've come to like this show.

Thanks.
Sorry about that. I put that info in the actual show thread.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:28 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,199,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Wait, Dean Devlin? As in Independence Day, Godzilla, and Universal Soldier writer Dean Devlin? I honestly had no idea he had anything to do with Leverage.
Yeah he was the executive producer - gave no reason apparently for the cancellation - the writers said they still had tons more ideas for episodes and they couldn't have been over budget in Portland - they said most of the scenes were shot in front of green screens. Heard the episodes were so realistic busting big corporate america that they were starting to have trouble getting sponsors - LOL - but finding that hard to believe. Leverage was a smart show - he exchanged that for The librarians - a kid's show on steroids. Frankly, not even sure that show is still on. They do so few shows before "breaking" for the season that by the time they come back for a season - you either forget the show was ever on or miss most of them anyway. Not just The Librarians - seems like all these cable shows have weird seasons.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:42 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,199,915 times
What about a show called Limitless? Is that coming back? I remember watching a couple of those shows too - seems awhile ago - I didn't think they were bad - not great but not bad but I lost the show and can't even remember what channel it was on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV