Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,448,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post

I liked tattoo girl.
Me, too.
Quote:

Avery and Little Grey? Hmmm. Mmmmaybe. I think Mark is a goner as far as she's concerned. I was floored when Avery decided against being Marks Lexie-mole. I expected him to milk that for all it was worth!
I wasn't surprised at all. We've known all along that Avery was willing to do anything, anything to get what he wants. And as soon as Lexie told him she and Mark were over, and she showed vulnerability, he decided what he wanted was her.
Quote:

Where did that Lucy person come from? Is she taking the place of The Biscuit, or was she just there for the transplant?
I sure hope she's replacing him. I loathed that character, and not in a "love to hate" way. I hope he's gone for good.

It's also pretty obvious that we're going to get a Karev/Lucy pair-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,716,582 times
I hate the way Shonda Rhimes always has to have a goody goody who judges everyone. Lexie used to be so sweet and cool. Now she's turning into a total witch.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,579,946 times
I think she might still be flipping out a little. Also I think they used to state her Dad actually was a relatively stable presence for her at one time. What with his descent into alcoholism and liver damage, I could see thinking a young tattooed gal is just another sign he's collapsed into a man she no longer recognizes. (Unless they indicate now he was always drunk, but even if that's the case he was apparently a functional alcoholic until his wife died) And I think she might have also been upset he kind of just "sprung" this girl at her, that he wasn't contacting her much about his life until it was there at the hospital.

If my Mom died and my Dad started dating a woman younger than me I might need a bit of time to adjust. She didn't handle it right, but on one hand it did seem to lean a bit toward "She cares about him Lexie, so support this relationship immediately" and that's not very reasonable. It's understandable she might need a bit of time. Meredith might not, but he was never much of a Dad to her. He's close to almost being more like an uncle to Meredith.

Granted Lexie's reaction bothered me because it seemed to get in the way of treating him and because comparing her relationship to Thatcher to Meredith's with him is just not plausible. Meredith was right to point that out. Also because she didn't even consider trying until the very end. Sure if she'd been more "I'm really uncomfortable with this, but I'll make an effort to get to know her" it would have been better. Instead of just insulting her.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Hm. Despite the fact that this show is so medically unrealistic so's not to be believed, one realistic thing is that people often DO change (personality-wise) dramatically during their medical training. So it would again be unrealistic if everyone had the same personality the whole time.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I have not liked Avery for a long time. I don't remember at what point my opinion changed; he never used to bother me; but one day I couldn't stomach him. I do not think he's cute & I hate the way he talks
I also think he's creepy and two-faced.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think she might still be flipping out a little. Also I think they used to state her Dad actually was a relatively stable presence for her at one time. What with his descent into alcoholism and liver damage, I could see thinking a young tattooed gal is just another sign he's collapsed into a man she no longer recognizes. (Unless they indicate now he was always drunk, but even if that's the case he was apparently a functional alcoholic until his wife died) And I think she might have also been upset he kind of just "sprung" this girl at her, that he wasn't contacting her much about his life until it was there at the hospital.

If my Mom died and my Dad started dating a woman younger than me I might need a bit of time to adjust. She didn't handle it right, but on one hand it did seem to lean a bit toward "She cares about him Lexie, so support this relationship immediately" and that's not very reasonable. It's understandable she might need a bit of time. Meredith might not, but he was never much of a Dad to her. He's close to almost being more like an uncle to Meredith.

Granted Lexie's reaction bothered me because it seemed to get in the way of treating him and because comparing her relationship to Thatcher to Meredith's with him is just not plausible. Meredith was right to point that out. Also because she didn't even consider trying until the very end. Sure if she'd been more "I'm really uncomfortable with this, but I'll make an effort to get to know her" it would have been better. Instead of just insulting her.

Having personally lived through just this situation 20 years ago, ain't never gonna happen. Believe me, there was no other way for Lexie to react.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 PM

23,884 posts, read 33,621,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Oh; it's all about him not telling her before he landed at the hospital. She & her dad used to be close until she moved out. After Mark dropped the baby news on her; seeing her dad do similar was the last straw.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,007,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Me, too. I wasn't surprised at all.
It's also pretty obvious that we're going to get a Karev/Lucy pair-off.

She wont be around too long, she has been signed to be one of Charlie's Angels in the relaunch next season.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,579,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Having personally lived through just this situation 20 years ago, ain't never gonna happen. Believe me, there was no other way for Lexie to react.
Good point. I think it would be very difficult. Maybe the only thing she should have done is just try to excuse herself from it. I think much of her reaction was very human and understandable so I didn't really have the problem with it the other poster had. The only part where she did annoy me with it was when they needed to talk to the girl for medical reasons and she was bordering on disruptive. I mean I understood it, but I could see her apologizing for that part of her actions. And the comparing her Daddy issue to Meredith's, even if it is the same Dad.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,007,857 times
Last night's Grey's was one of the best episodes of this show that has ever aired, maybe even the best ever. No relationship bull****, just great dialogue, interesting medical cases, and true character and talent of the doctors shining. I wish episodes like that were on more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV