Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Surprised he kept the Dentist and let the Funeral Director go...

Emily appears to be genuinely as sweet as they come... just don't see Brad as the ready made family type.

The Seattle Woman comes across as insecure... her father came as a surprise saying he would Welcome Brad into the family so easily.

The Woman from Chico had one of the best Bachelor exits in a long time... she didn't bad mouth anyone and left with her head held high.
maybe she will be the next pick for the 2011 show. I also did like her
and Emily as Chris from Cape Cod can't see her doing this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Surprised he kept the Dentist and let the Funeral Director go...

Emily appears to be genuinely as sweet as they come... just don't see Brad as the ready made family type.

The Seattle Woman comes across as insecure... her father came as a surprise saying he would Welcome Brad into the family so easily.

The Woman from Chico had one of the best Bachelor exits in a long time... she didn't bad mouth anyone and left with her head held high.
I'm really not a big fan of Ashley (the dentist) with Brad, but I'm not surprised he kept her and let Shawntel (the funeral director) go. I think her profession creeped him out quite a bit, and her father didn't help the situation by basically saying that he was counting on her to take over the family business. Brad might have seen a lot of family conflict trying to get her to move to Austin. And besides, while they were very natural together, he just never seemed to have any kind of passion for her like with Chantel or Emily.

Most of Brad's date with Emily and her daughter just seemed so awkward and uncomfortable to me, and Emily was clearly bummed that he didn't want to kiss her.

Brad seemed to really connect with Chantel's dad. I'm thinking he ends up picking her, but there's just something about her and her family that seems a little fakey to me. Emily, at least, seems more genuine

I, too, was very impressed with the way that Shawntel left the show. It likely made saying good-bye a lot easier on Brad too.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
I confess to getting caught up because my Mom likes to watch and will call me about it... this way I can stay in the loop.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to be yourself on a sound stage for several weeks and then there is the editing aspect so the final product for public consumption is several steps removed.

That said, I'm certain many of the Women would be wonderful with the right guy...

I read somewhere that many of those appearing on the show are either married or engaged within 24 months after the show... maybe the process helps a person focus on what's important to them in a relationship and what options they have.

Emily comes across so sweet that I don't think that can be faked over weeks of filming... just about any guy would be captivated by her charm... being captivated and being married for the long haul are two different things...

I would not be surprised if Emily has a new found confidence from being on the show... I cannot see her as a bachelorette next season because she is too reserved or too much of a lady to deal with the onslaught of 30 guys vying for her attention... she has a comfortable life and I'm sure Charlotte is where she needs/wants to be.

I have friends in Chico and I'll have to ask them if they know the Shawntels family... it wouldn't seem she would have trouble finding a man... I do know Funeral Directors are basically on 24/7 and that aspect of her profession could be a turn-off... maybe that is why her Dad is so emphatic about having her take the reins??? It is easy to get burned out when every time the phone rings it is another family dealing with grief and all the emotions that go along with it.

It will be interesting to see how next week goes... I think Brad will go for Chantel because she is vulnerable, is not tied down and it doesn't hurt her family lives in a 6 million dollar home (If you can believe the media)

Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
well Reality Steve said they did the pick for the next run! Not Emily since I really can't see her there!
Shawntel would be good and she does seem nice!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:04 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Was that really Chantal's family home? It seemed so bare, impersonal and "furniture store" looking. The family looks to be loaded so I can see another reason why Brad would pick her...........

Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Well, I watched the show tonight, and I though Brad practically told Emily he was picking her! Did anyone else get that impression? He told her he was falling in love with her, and the way he was talking about her little girl. I don't remember what he said word for word about her because I was so shocked, but it was along the lines of wanting to be there for her. I just kept thinking wow, he's being too obvious here.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
I would be surprised if he ends up with Emily...

Just my guess.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I don't think he's picking Emily. Everytime they are together it seems forced on her part. I guess it could be tough trying to be romantic with camera's in your face all the time. But still...it's almost like she's playing a part.
When they were trying to be romantic, playing that romantic music with all the elephants making noise I couldn't help but laugh.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Of the remaining two, Emily seems more mature (although she's younger), more poised and more committed to a "real" relationship (I don't think that she would put her daughter through this if there wasn't a real connection with Brad. I just don't think that Brad is man enough (yet) to take on a "real" relationship. I was shocked when he didn't pick up the phone to call the therapist during his date with Ashley.....just sayin'

Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Let's all be real... Ashley after the first week was never really in this. She was just dragged along. Everyone knew it would be down to Chantel and Emily by the end.

As for last night's episode, I am shocked the Bachelor was cool/clipped it for the show with Brad telling Emily that he was falling in love with her i.e. pretty much saying I want to pick you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV