Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
The answer would no doubt be a positive one....they've got a houseful of babies!!
Must have a nanny too. Babies and energy and er, desire are mutually exclusive. Even one small human being can be a marathon. Maybe that's why she looks composed on DWTS and all the havoc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Must have a nanny too. Babies and energy and er, desire are mutually exclusive. Even one small human being can be a marathon. Maybe that's why she looks composed on DWTS and all the havoc.
She looks more CLueless then composed to me ......

Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
I don't like Brooke, something about her rubs me the wrong way...over and over again as you all mention ,,How do you feel?''is so annoying. On the other hand Tom is hilarious, entertaining and soft hearted.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Maybe, with all the chaos at home, she's on tranquilizers. That would account for her even disposition and also a certain cluelessness, a feeling as though she may not be all there.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I don't like Brooke, something about her rubs me the wrong way...over and over again as you all mention ,,How do you feel?''is so annoying. On the other hand Tom is hilarious, entertaining and soft hearted.
Totally agree - I much preferred Samantha, the previous host. Brooke comes off as full of herself with a very fake smile. Yeah, and the "how does that make you feel" business gets really old. Even with that said, I don't mind her quite as much this year as in previous years. I think like someone else said, she is just there to look pretty and keep things going.

Tom is really funny and I enjoy his hosting abilities a lot.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
I'm trying to remember whether I liked the first co-host Lisa Canning. For the life of me though, I cant remember how I felt about her or why she left (or was dropped) after the first season.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
While googling the reason that Lisa Canning left after the first season (she was apparently let go), I found that Lisa Rinna was originally scheduled to replace Samantha Harris. In fact, here's an announcement for it. I wonder what happened:

Give Me My Remote: Lisa Rinna to be Back on Dancing with the Stars

Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Sam Harris was GREAT....dont remember Canning at all ....but wasnt someone else in contention for the job when Babblin Brook Dork Chardonais got it .....both had been on DWTS andi want to say it was whatserface that is dancing this year....

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
I'm too lazy to look to see if this has been covered before.

Americal Idol started off with two hosts, then got rid of one.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Sam Harris was GREAT....dont remember Canning at all ....but wasnt someone else in contention for the job when Babblin Brook Dork Chardonais got it .....both had been on DWTS andi want to say it was whatserface that is dancing this year....
I remember Samantha Harris (I don't remember the first one, but I may not have watched the first season) and I liked her.

I don't think Brooke is a good fit - at all. I liked her as a contestant - she seemed more natural and "real" than she does as a co-host. She's so made up now (and I suspect there has been some cosmetic work done as well) and she looks like an overdone Barbie doll. Maybe not all of it is her fault - the producers or powers that be seem to want that role to be overly glamorous, in my opinion - but the babbling and inane questions and the awkwardness is her fault.

Tom Bergeron is great. I can't imagine anyone else who could do that job better, or even half as well.

Brooke, however, could easily be replaced....in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV