Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Whether or not he can attract and maintain an audience is yet to be seen. So much of his fan base is from his standup days and on TV he cannot put forth that stand up version at all.
That was my point also!
Although Bernie mac was able to do it i wouldn't see why Steve can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I briefly passed it last night. I won't tune in though. I don't like him outside of his standup. His radio show was horrible & now the media is making him out to be some relationship expert.
Exactly. Except I don't find his standup funny anymore. He is too full of himself for me.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:15 PM

249 posts, read 188,888 times
Angry Steve Harvey show.

Does anyone watch his talk show? I turned it on a few times to see what it was all about and I’m pretty disgusted by what I’ve seen and heard.
He presents himself as a well-dressed handsome man on the outside but his grammar is horrible, he sounds like an over the hill gang member straight from the ghetto.
If that isn’t bad enough he thinks he’s the expert on relationships without any kind of pedigree, and his advice is enough to make a person upchuck. He encourages women to be dependent on men, and comes across like men are the hunters and should be the money tree in a relationship. I got some advice for you Mr. Harvey----
Pull your head out of your rectal crack, this isn’t the 1950s anymore!
But I guess I shouldn’t be too shocked at his attitude about women sponging off men. After all he’s a democrat and strongly supports Obama. The funny thing is Steve Harvey boasts about being a success story but he loves a president with 8 years of failed policies that have divided and ruined the nation. Underneath it all that makes Mr. Harvey a failure himself.
Worse yet he even said in an interview that atheists have no moral barometer and advised women to never date a man who has no relationship with god. Excuse me? Can this know-it-all prove there is a god to have a relationship with? Who is he to talk about morality anyway? The guy was married 3 times and his 1st 2 marriages ended because he cheated on his wives.
For more on Steve Harvey’s arrogance, check out these videos for just a few of the many preposterous things he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0BJRQ1cqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3K1...twF5AGzveBnHbE

Old 01-14-2017, 02:58 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
Steve is one TV personality I strongly dislike.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
I saw some of his show yesterday but I don't usually watch. I thought it was funny but if you don't, it's really not that hard to avoid his show.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I love SH...as a comedian, a charitable loving person...and as a practicing
Christian in the sense of the word.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:51 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
Does anyone watch his talk show? I turned it on a few times to see what it was all about and I’m pretty disgusted by what I’ve seen and heard.
He presents himself as a well-dressed handsome man on the outside but his grammar is horrible, he sounds like an over the hill gang member straight from the ghetto.
If that isn’t bad enough he thinks he’s the expert on relationships without any kind of pedigree, and his advice is enough to make a person upchuck. He encourages women to be dependent on men, and comes across like men are the hunters and should be the money tree in a relationship. I got some advice for you Mr. Harvey----
But I guess I shouldn’t be too shocked at his attitude about women sponging off men. After all he’s a democrat and strongly supports Obama. The funny thing is Steve Harvey boasts about being a success story but he loves a president with 8 years of failed policies that have divided and ruined the nation. Underneath it all that makes Mr. Harvey a failure himself.
Worse yet he even said in an interview that atheists have no moral barometer and advised women to never date a man who has no relationship with god. Excuse me? Can this know-it-all prove there is a god to have a relationship with? Who is he to talk about morality anyway? The guy was married 3 times and his 1st 2 marriages ended because he cheated on his wives.
For more on Steve Harvey’s arrogance, check out these videos for just a few of the many preposterous things he says.

Wow, OP. Any other negative comments you left out? Are you jumping on the bandwagon of people hating on Steve Harvey for meeting with Ben Carson and Trump? Twitter was in an uproar, calling Steve Harvey all sorts of racist names for meeting with the Trump administration. The irony was, Harvey says he wants to improve inner cities, which is the demographic that was calling him racial slurs.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:02 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
For more on Steve Harvey’s arrogance, check out these videos for just a few of the many preposterous things he say

And yet ...he is angling for a job with donnie...(who is clearly a role model). He's an arrogant, opportunistic blowhard, just like donnie. And donnie, also, has been married 3 times and in 1st, 2nd and current marriages he has cheated (according to his own admissions) ...as for "the many preposterous things he say(s)"... LOL...

To quote a favorite CD Poster: "...there are not enough evens to express how I just can't." FinsterRufus City Data

LOL. OP, I got such a kick out of reading this! Hope you re-read your post. It's 'GOLDEN'.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:45 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
I usually enjoy Steve, but I get so sick of his "here's how you get yourself a man" schtick.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:55 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:

I agree. I haven't watched his talk show but I occasionally watch his game show. His ghetto grammar is pathetic, and presents an exceptionally poor role model for anyone watching. He seems to encourage other blacks to talk the way he does, and he laughs when they do.

Not to mention he is horribly over-exposed. Both him and Michael Strahan, but at least Strahan doesn't talk ghetto (that I've noticed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV