Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I've never worn contacts so I must ask; If Shamar needed the goggles for going under the water, shouldn't he have needed them before getting in the water for that challenge?
Everything was just something to complain about with Shamu. I saw him with the goggles either on his face or in his hands before the challenge got started so IDK what that crap was all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Remember one season where one of the guys couldn't swim? They had to rescue him on one of the challenges. I would think they would give folks a swimming test before they sign them up. Seems to me that having to wear contacts would be a no-go on Survivor with so many water challenges involved.

Gosh, I wonder how many people do not know how to swim. My mother never learned to swim and we were stationed in Hawaii twice. My father learned to swim when a gang of boys threw him into the East River when he was a kid.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Just my opinion but if it wasn't a complete emergency why couldn't he wait until Tribal Council and get voted off? Would have been better for the team.
Selfish quitters aren't thinking about the betterment of the team.

Shamar & Reynold both started out with each having goggles I remember one having them on and the other one had them dangling around their neck as they were running to the water. Who knows where Shamar's went to when they got to the place he really needed them.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Default Shamar was misunderstood--wah wah wah

Survivor Caramoan Exit Interview: Shamar Thomas Talks to People.com : People.com

Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Here Parvati's after show with Abi then Shamar updating on his eye.

Survivor After Show

Thanks for your link Pip!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
If you ever notice on most TV shows or movies very few people are seen wearing glasses as producers and camera men don't like them because of light reflections back to the camera.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
It'd be great to watch the after show. But not with Parvati on it. I've had more than enough of her on my screen, thanks.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
If you ever notice on most TV shows or movies very few people are seen wearing glasses as producers and camera men don't like them because of light reflections back to the camera.
They also sometimes hide a person's face. But I notice one of the fans wears glasses and it doesn't seem to detract much from his appearance.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Here Parvati's after show with Abi then Shamar updating on his eye.

Survivor After Show

Thanks for your link Pip!
Not to mention the "life threatening" bamboo in his hand operation. Yeah right.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
It'd be great to watch the after show. But not with Parvati on it. I've had more than enough of her on my screen, thanks.
I have never liked Parvati in the game but I don't mind her in the after show. She does a fairly good job and hands waaaaaaaay better than that Bill they had last season. They had Laura that was just voted off as well on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Not to mention the "life threatening" bamboo in his hand operation. Yeah right.
I bet you he is bucking for social security disability. He kept saying his finger 'still isn't right' and his eye scratch wasn't that bad. I'm sure they have to sign a waiver releasing Survivor, producers and staff of any liability before taking off. Abi was really giving it to him about being lazy wasn't she? The girls said they were just kidding around with him but I don't think Abi was.
I can see one point he said all the other tribe mates were out boating, swimming and rock climbing without shoes he was laying in the hut to save his energy for the challenges. He said there wasn't a lot to do around camp daily so that is why he slept 19 hours a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV