Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM

11,660 posts, read 12,746,911 times

Advertisements

The Cold War might not have ended unitl the fall of the Berlin War and the dismantling of the Soviet Union, but there were many cracks by the late 70s once they started letting Soviet Jews leave and then the strikes in Poland during the early 80s. By the time Glasnov came around, the big rivalry between the east and west was over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,230,728 times
Wow ! ! ! Elizabeth, the American gal, can really throw a punch. Best scene of the series so far...

I'm impressed. And the ol KGB bag (Margo Martindale) just got Justified. I was about to root for the commies to defect.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,584,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Wow ! ! ! Elizabeth, the American gal, can really throw a punch. Best scene of the series so far...

I'm impressed. And the ol KGB bag (Margo Martindale) just got Justified. I was about to root for the commies to defect.
Great episode!
Who is Martha and what do they want from her? She's the one he just gave the necklance to. She's talking about a vault?

I thought he lost his hairpiece, but perhaps he has several eh? I thought it a little convenient that the two guys that brought in Elizabeth disappeared just before she pummels the KGB lady.
Also the girl, daughter, didn't have her backpack or bag with her at the lake, but she had it when she got home. Are we supposed to believe she went to the car and got it before they ran away? Or I could be mistaken.
I hate to nitpik but I did notice.
Don't you think the guy that just got hauled off will suspect Nino? I wonder why he didn't say anything. Maybe he didn't put it together yet.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM

11,660 posts, read 12,746,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Great episode!
Who is Martha and what do they want from her? She's the one he just gave the necklance to. She's talking about a vault?

I thought he lost his hairpiece, but perhaps he has several eh? I thought it a little convenient that the two guys that brought in Elizabeth disappeared just before she pummels the KGB lady.
Also the girl, daughter, didn't have her backpack or bag with her at the lake, but she had it when she got home. Are we supposed to believe she went to the car and got it before they ran away? Or I could be mistaken.
I hate to nitpik but I did notice.
Don't you think the guy that just got hauled off will suspect Nino? I wonder why he didn't say anything. Maybe he didn't put it together yet.
Not only did the daughter have her backpack but she and her brother presumably left all their shopping bags in the guy's car. I don't know what the purpose was for this segment. Why didn't the kids take a bus or call a friend's parent. They seemed to be more worried about getting in trouble for hitchhiking than coming home to a an empty house or worried why their mother didn't pick them up. Even worse, neither Phillip or Elizabeth during their ordeal remembered or seem concerned that they were not their to take their kids home from the mall. Even when Elizabeth saw the pictures of her kids, she didn't seem to be concerned that they had been left alone for hours.

Martha is the gullible FBI secretary who unknowingly is giving away important information to Phillip.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,907,826 times
The thing with the kids was either a filler, OR OR OR, that guy was part of the KGB. I have a feeling FBI dude and hot Russian chick are going to do the big nasty. Great episode and one of the very few tv shows I look forward to each week.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:29 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,312,089 times
I like this show and it's a great addition to "Breaking Bad," "Walking Dead," and and "Copper."

Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 AM

3,412 posts, read 3,458,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The thing with the kids was either a filler, OR OR OR, that guy was part of the KGB. I have a feeling FBI dude and hot Russian chick are going to do the big nasty. Great episode and one of the very few tv shows I look forward to each week.
I was wondering about a KGB angle to that guy too. If they want to test the dad but keep them from defecting they better make sure nothing happens to the kids while they are interagating the dad. Even if he was the leak they still want to keep the mom, and if something happened to her kids she wouldnt make for a loyal agent if it was because they grabbed her so she couldnt pick them up.

What i found silly is why the parents hadnt placed a backup plan for the kids already. Such as if something happens call so and so. Wouldnt it be funny to the show plot if the emergency contact person for the kids was the wife of the fbi agent neighbor? Might be best way to save them if the you know what hits the fan.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,266,266 times
I watched the marathon last week, purely by accident. I could not tear myself away from the TV. I am posting the link for folks to see the missed episodes. FX Networks - The Americans - Full Episodes and Exclusive Video
Amazing TV. I'll be watching every week. Also, if you like this you'll also love "House of Cards" on netflix....The whoe series was fantastic!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I'll bet the guy was KGB and was meant to scare the kids. If the parents find out about it ... oh boy.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,748,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I watched the marathon last week, purely by accident. I could not tear myself away from the TV. I am posting the link for folks to see the missed episodes. FX Networks - The Americans - Full Episodes and Exclusive Video
Amazing TV. I'll be watching every week. Also, if you like this you'll also love "House of Cards" on netflix....The whoe series was fantastic!
I did the same thing and dvr'd all the epsidoes...the better half and I were looking for something to watch after we went through all the seasons of LOST that were shown on G4 starting 4 episodes a wk from the summer...

I really have to start from the beginning of a series, otherwise I prob won't watch it...

I'm definitely into this show (the Americans)....going to take your recommendation and watch house of cards...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV