Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times

Advertisements

Was Piers only there for that boardroom? Omarosa is just a bully but it doesn't surprise me that she is back. I enjoyed the first show though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Was Piers only there for that boardroom? Omarosa is just a bully but it doesn't surprise me that she is back. I enjoyed the first show though.
I don't think so, single. I think he may be there for all the boardrooms.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,504 times
I am also confused by Trumps treatment of Bret. Right at the very beginning he started talking negatively towards him. If this was a show where the winner was putting money in their own personal bank account than I could see not wanting him to win again. Since it all goes to charity what is wrong with wanting to try to earn more money for that? Bret seemed really surprised and hurt by all that was said.

Even though Omarosa and Pierce don't like each other I think the producers encouraged them to go at each other for some drama. Even if she is playing up for the camera I still can't wait for her to go.

Althought the winner of each challenge is determined by the most money brought in I don't particularly like challenges like last night. Some celebrities just don't have rich friends like others and it puts them at a disadvantage. I prefer a challenge where they need to use their skills and talents and put in situations that take them out of their comfort zone. It doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to pick up the phone and call someone.

I often wonder if those that gave money to a team thinking it was going to a certain charity and then that team loses, if they get angry that their money went somewhere else. It is for charity but it could turn out to be an organization that they don't want to support. The majority of organizations I have heard on the show sound great to me but there are some that I personally would not give my money to.

Although I am not a fan of Donald Trump I still like the show and will continue to watch.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,836 times
^^^ I totally agree!!! The Omarosa/Piers thing was totally encouraged by the producers just to bring in some drama.

I also agree they should have to perform tasks where they have to EARN the money, not just pull out a phone list of wealthy friends. What's the point in that?

I'm not a huge fan of Donald Trump but I will also continue to watch. I like Ivanka and I'm hoping they will show more interaction with his other son this season (you never hear much from him!)

Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Although the winner of each challenge is determined by the most money brought in I don't particularly like challenges like last night. Some celebrities just don't have rich friends like others and it puts them at a disadvantage. I prefer a challenge where they need to use their skills and talents and put in situations that take them out of their comfort zone. It doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to pick up the phone and call someone.
This exactly. It's why it isn't about being an apprentice any longer. It should be renamed "Who is the celebrity with the most wealthiest friends?" competition. It takes all the fun out of the challenges. In fact it's like two different challenges running concurrently. One to do the task and the other to see how much money can be cajoled from wealthy contacts. And that creates a whole new arena of contestants holding back until it is their charity when they are project manager.

I made the comment before the show aired I wasn't going to watch it. But curiosity got the better of me and I watched bits and pieces. So I caved. I saw the beginning and was appalled to see Trump belittle Bret Michaels for returning each time I tuned in. Late in the boardroom Trump stated he invited Michaels along with Joan Rivers, Piers Morgan and other former winners to sit on his side of the table but Michaels wanted to be on the competing side. Oh the horror! He defied Trump!

I think that was the sole reason Michaels was fired. Also at the very beginning Trump made a comment about Lisa Rinna's lips. She has commented on the botched job and how she has tried to have it fixed over the years. I am sure she didn't appreciate Trump's drawing attention to her problem. She looked a bit shaken. Trace Atkins even said something about Trump being unbelievable regarding his comment.

I didn't watch the competition but was surprised when I watched the last 40 minutes or so in the boardroom to learn that Atkins didn't even open up the competition to the Public. That should be against the rules. Again it goes back to the game of not who performs the best but who has the wealthiest friends. I don't think Baldwin was any more guilty than anyone else holding back.

But Trump was crazy. The way he kept hammering away at Michaels was ridiculous. And he told him to shut up about about the racist comment. Trump was gunning for him. Brandi was the worst PJ that could be. How could she not know how much money was taken in? How could she put Omarosa in charge of the money? Why bring in LaToya for bringing in the least amount when no one else knew how much they had brought in for sure or lied about it? Brandi was afraid of Omarosa and thought she was protecting herself from her but as Michaels told Brandi while they were waiting outside the boardroom to be called back in, Omarosa would be after her next.

Trump is really losing it. He is really going off the deep end. Next week my PBS station is going to begin broadcasting a new Masterpiece Classic which I will gladly watch rather than this sad show which I really used to like. But now that I have seen what this season is all about, I don't even have an interest in watching parts of it any longer. This time I mean it.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I don't know if Piers Morgan was there for just last night or if he'll return. HE couldn't keep himself in check with Omarosa......so it makes me wonder what kind of drama they want set up between Piers and Omarosa?

I saw Bret Michaels today on a show. Given his response both last night and then again today, I'm wondering if he'll be back. Remember Nene, and others, being brought back when they argued with DT of why they shouldn't have been let go?

I also agree with those who have posted about Trace not opening the shop for business. In one way I think they all should be like Stephen Baldwin and not able to call anyone they know or are related too. Yes, this is for charity, so who really can WORK using their learned or given gifts/talents, so they earn all they can each week?

Like it or not, they did create drama. I'm just not sure the viewers like it.

MSR

Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
They made it sound last night like Piers would be staying.

I cannot believe that it is ok to do what Trace did during that "challenge", and I use that word loosely. What kind of challenge is it when his team never made $1.00 off of the public and even posted signs to keep people away. I never thought Trump would allow something like that. Why even have these competitions if all anyone has to do is called their "whales" on their cells phones? I don't even think his teams made any meatballs other than the one for Kelly Rippas show. When Piers showed up and Trace had Gary Busey give him the tour, Gary showed Piers where the "meatballs" would have been put on a pan and where they would be cooked, not a dang meatball in sight.

I really felt bad for Bret, you could tell he was upset by the things Trump kept saying about him, it was really unfair.

They better get rid of Omarosa as quick as they can or show will just mow over them all. What an awful individual she is. She denied saying anything about Piers family but that isn't true, she did make comments on that when they were together that season.

Gary Busey is such a different person, on one level you can tell he is very intelligent and on the other hand he seems certifiable. I do think he had his brains scrambled when he was in that bad accident years ago.

If you really pay attention Trump interrupts and talks over these people all the time, very rude. His comment to Lisa was uncalled for, ok, we know she had surgery for fuller lips and it didn't turn out well.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
The problem is Donald has one of the biggest egos of any person alive. He thinks winning celebrity apprentice as the same as becoming President or made Pope. Bretts main goal is to raise money for diabetes that affects him and his daughter.

Seriously, do you think Brett goes around telling everyone he meets that he won the celebrity apprentice? He's a rich rock star, I really don't think he needs to live off the prestige of being one of the celebrity apprentice chosen ones.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The problem is Donald has one of the biggest egos of any person alive. He thinks winning celebrity apprentice as the same as becoming President or made Pope. Bretts main goal is to raise money for diabetes that affects him and his daughter.

Seriously, do you think Brett goes around telling everyone he meets that he won the celebrity apprentice? He's a rich rock star, I really don't think he needs to live off the prestige of being one of the celebrity apprentice chosen ones.
Yes and he seems like a nice guy too. I remember when he won. He was really humble. And after all he went through being so sick, getting the news his daughter was diabetic but coming back to continue on with the game.

It broke my heart to see Trump treat him the way he did. And when Trump told him to shut up, I wanted to scream at Trump to shut up himself. Just who the heck does he think he is? I know his money his show but he has no right to treat people like dirt. Some day he will go too far.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Some day he will go too far.
If he were a real boss and talked to women the way he talks to some of the ones on Celebrity Apprentice, he'd have so many lawsuits against him. Rude isn't illegal, but sexual harrassment is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV