Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times

Advertisements

I just feel all this goes to the concentration span of people these days.

It is why reality shows keep popping up and solid and worthwhile programming gets cancelled. A lot of people are interested in fluff----programming not requiring either time investment or energy.

Its just my opinion that we our multi tasked lives and mountains of gadgets that we use, a lot of people would just prefer not to short circuit themselves by getting involved in serious television----keep it light and sketchy so I do my other things also-----let me tweet while I watch.

Dont you tire of the endless reality programming---the 500 singing competitions----and the hodgepodge of food and drivel talk now on???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 06:49 AM

18,472 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I just feel all this goes to the concentration span of people these days.

It is why reality shows keep popping up and solid and worthwhile programming gets cancelled. A lot of people are interested in fluff----programming not requiring either time investment or energy.

Its just my opinion that we our multi tasked lives and mountains of gadgets that we use, a lot of people would just prefer not to short circuit themselves by getting involved in serious television----keep it light and sketchy so I do my other things also-----let me tweet while I watch.

Dont you tire of the endless reality programming---the 500 singing competitions----and the hodgepodge of food and drivel talk now on???

kinda makes sense, after working all day long sometime you just want mindless TV, nothing too deep to concentrate on and I guess these dumb ass reality real housewife shows are that, because no one in their right mind would actually give a rats ass about them or their lives, it is just mindless.......

Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,676 times
[quote=omigawd;20671963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
Who wants to keep up? Sure as hell not me. Oh, and me and my husband call the two little ones, the whores in trainin =)[/quote]

Nice thing for a grown man to call 13 and 15 year old girls. I hope he doesn't say the same thing about your daughters, nieces, sister, or any other female he sees. Typically, guys who make comments like that feel the same about all women.

I don't see any of the other Kardashian women being "whores". Hmmm.... Kourtney has been in a relationship for 4 years. Kim recently got married. Before that, she had a few boyfriends (she's 30 years old, not 12). Khloe is married. Not seeing any "whorish" behavior here. And please don't mention Kim's sex tape. She made that with her boyfriend (at the time) and the scvmbag released it to the media to get his own jollies.
Well his comments are fine by me and I totally agree with him. Spinning around on a stripper pole at what 13 years old, oh and mom and the sisters thought it was oh soo funny and walking around with shorts up your ass and see through shirts like I've seen pics of them wearing on different sites. They are portraying themselves like real classy teens to me You can be a ***** at any age, or should I say act and dress like one.

Yes, posing naked in Playboy in front of your mother who literally pimps her daughter out...yes, so moral, what family values. Banging I don't know how many pro-sport players, yup sounds like Mother Teresa.

If you consider any of the Kardashian clan to be classy women, from their filthy mouths, to every outfit they wear having either their ti$ts or asse#S hanging out of, posing naked, then hey to each their own.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Kartrashians

Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
I've always referred to them as the 'Perry Mason' girls; his most-used phrase describes them perfectly---incompetent, irrelevant & immaterial.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
I've always referred to them as the 'Perry Mason' girls; his most-used phrase describes them perfectly---incompetent, irrelevant & immaterial.
seems a most perfect description

Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't like Kris H at all. He seems very immature and retarded except he knows how to pick out a ring!!!

he did not pick out that ring. and he did not have to pay for it.

he is far from retarded but he is odd an has a strange voice... He is smart because he is making a lot of money regardless if he loves her or not and getting a lot of PR if he did not hook up with KK we would not be talking about him would we

Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
as for the stripper pole its used also as a tool for exersizing

Old 09-11-2011, 01:05 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
Well his comments are fine by me and I totally agree with him.
As long as you're aware that any male who makes comments like that about a child has issues and feels that way about all women & has no respect for women. Your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Spinning around on a stripper pole at what 13 years old,
The "stripper" pole was in their home and they were playing and joking around. Please, tell me what kids DON'T fool around like that at home. Not necessarily with a pole (since not everyone does) but walking around, kidding, shaking their booty, pretending to be older, etc. It's all in good fun. It doesn't mean the child is going to grow up to be a stripper or a prostitute.

Quote:
walking around with shorts up your ass and see through shirts like I've seen pics of them wearing on different sites
Give me a break. Go to any mall in this country and 95% of the girls that age are wearing short shorts with tops that have spaghetti straps or whatever. Again, doesn't mean the girl is a ***** or that she's going to grow up to be a prostitute or a stripper. Oh, and I've yet to see a pic of either of the Jenner girls in "see-through" tops

Quote:
Yes, posing naked in Playboy in front of your mother who literally pimps her daughter out...yes, so moral, what family values. Banging I don't know how many pro-sport players, yup sounds like Mother Teresa.
Hmmmm... Kim was in her late 20s when she did the Playboy photo shoot and got paid very well for it. Her mother is her manager and, therefore, had to be at the photo shoot.

"Banging" pro-sports players" ROFL!!! Let's see, a woman who is now 30 and dated 4 sports players. WOW!!! OMG.... .the town jezebel!! Lock her up... She's dated FOUR MEN and she's 30 years old..... Please. I'm sure you've dated/been with a lot more than four men in your lifetime and, if you haven't, you're probably just jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV