Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,753,808 times

Advertisements

Are Andy Cohen and his fellow network executives getting DESPERATE for new programming????

Married to Medicine: Watched maybe 1 1/2 episodes total. First, if I had a doctor and his wife was on this show and I saw how TRASHY his wife is --- I would find a new doctor STAT!

LA Shrinks: Seriously?

Bravo's Top Ten Weddings.... YAWN

Spinoffs like Kandi Factory.... YAWN..... and the latest I heard about "I Dream of NeNe" ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS??????????????????????????????????????????? ?

They are stretching whatever they can possibly do to create new programs. Why not just go with what they HAVE?

Granted, the Housewives programs are so predictable: Who's going to scream the loudest; who's going to pull whose hair off; etc but they're fun to watch (my personal faves are NYC and BH. I have no use for the others)

Million Dollar Listing (NY and LA ) are interesting

Why not just put out more episodes of what's already working and getting ratings and sponsors???? Why create all these other programs that are just so ridiculous?!?!

And these movies they show over and over and over and over on the weekends. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,652,665 times
Why don't they go back to what they used to show? Artsy stuff. Keep Top Chef and Actor's Studio. More movies and musical programming would be cool as well as stand up comedy specials.

The Housewives have run thier course, IMO

Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,823,257 times
OMG LA Shrinks is HORRIBLE. I couldn't sit through one episode. BORING!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,232,537 times
Agree with all the above!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Why don't they go back to what they used to show? Artsy stuff. Keep Top Chef and Actor's Studio. More movies and musical programming would be cool as well as stand up comedy specials.

The Housewives shows are what catapulted Bravo into superstardom. I heard about a year ago that Bravo was going to get rid of the Housewives shows and do something else but it seems that's not going to happen.

I'm not crazy about any of the "Chef" shows --- I'm just not THAT into cooking!

Actors Studio is cool. Is that even on regularly anymore?? I only see it once in a while and sometimes they'll do early morning "marathons" of it.

Andy really needs to get some new ideas or his network is going to go back downhill.

I wish they would bring back: Mad Fashion (LOVE Chris March!), Fashion Hunters (LOVE Fashion!), Gallery Girls (couldn't stand them but loved to watch!); NYC Prep (another group I couldn't stand but loved to watch!)

Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,413,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post

Totally agree! The Housewives need to go!

Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM

4,364 posts, read 6,557,806 times
Think it's simply cash grabbing going on over there. It's without regard to quality and zero to do with reality. Can we get a new term for this crap? None of it is reality in any way shape or form.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Think it's simply cash grabbing going on over there. It's without regard to quality and zero to do with reality. Can we get a new term for this crap? None of it is reality in any way shape or form.

For a while, they called it "unscripted television" or "life unscripted". Apparently, it didn't appeal to the viewers so they stopped using those terms.

I can't watch a second of Atlanta housewives (biggest trash to ever hit television). I refuse to watch NJ housewives (will NOT help to line the pockets of that group of pond scum). OC housewives are another group of trash. Weren't they the first housewives show? I never watched them back then but I heard the show was about their fabulous lives, shopping, lunching, etc. Now, all the commercials I see for them are about screaming, throwing drinks in others' faces, etc.

The only two I can watch are NYC and Beverly Hills. I think those are the best of the lot.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,413,979 times
They are just competing for air time. The more outrageous your behavior the more time you get.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 AM

874 posts, read 1,663,827 times
I like LA Shrinks, but I don't see it really lasting that long.

I assumed Gallery Girls was just on hiatus.

I like OC,NYC, and Miami as far as the Housewives go.

I really like Watch What Happens Live as well.

Dukes of Melrose is fun. I wish it was an hour long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV