Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 AM

7,376 posts, read 5,490,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
love all the commentary here. I am feeling more and more that so much of this is set up or "encouraged" by Bravo. in particular, Tamra inviting Alexis for the dress shopping, and Lauri all of a sudden back in the group for salsa dancing when she doesnt even know lydia(right?).....................and Terry calling Brooks to invite him. I mean do YOU call people to invite to someone else's house? I think not. I think Bravo knows they have to ensure there will be a story worth watching just in case.
Yes! These shows are definately scripted. Notice when Terry was calling Brookes on the the way to the party and Brookes saying something about just getting home from work; then here comes Brooks all dressed up and ready to party AND he had time to pick up flowers and a bottle of booze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,064,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
love all the commentary here. I am feeling more and more that so much of this is set up or "encouraged" by Bravo. in particular, Tamra inviting Alexis for the dress shopping, and Lauri all of a sudden back in the group for salsa dancing when she doesnt even know lydia(right?).....................and Terry calling Brooks to invite him. I mean do YOU call people to invite to someone else's house? I think not. I think Bravo knows they have to ensure there will be a story worth watching just in case.
You nailed it! Scripted Drama Queen silliness . . . but, if it were not that way, doubt many would watch. Any of the Bravo reality shows are the same way.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM

748 posts, read 1,376,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Yes! These shows are definately scripted. Notice when Terry was calling Brookes on the the way to the party and Brookes saying something about just getting home from work; then here comes Brooks all dressed up and ready to party AND he had time to pick up flowers and a bottle of booze.

That was dressed up? The other men were more dressed for a Salsa Party then Brookes was. And he could have stopped at the grocery store for wine and flowers. I thought he looked very much out of place.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM

22,356 posts, read 29,476,635 times
Lydia needs to pipe down. She seriously overreacts. And someone please correct me if Im wrong but why would Slade even consider "looking" at her instead of Gretchen?? I mean REALLY????

Old 06-21-2013, 11:32 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,326,725 times
I very much dislike Slime Sladey but I thought Lydia's reaction was over the top. However, she seems to make sure she creates as much drama as possible. Maybe the family money is running out because she sure works hard at making sure she will get maximum pay from Bravo.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why she was upset. Slime Sladey loves to make jokes at the expense of others - the Miss Piggy comment might have been true and deserved but this is how he rolls. However, she went beyond butt hurt over the whole thing.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,495,163 times
I think the thing that was most embarassing about Lydia's scene was that this was HER party. Most people giving a party will make an effort to not create drama. I think she came on this show acting like this quirky young woman that just wanted to keep the peace amoung all the women. The longer we see her we can see that she loves stirring the pot with the best of them and is not as innocent as she first acted.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,510,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think the thing that was most embarassing about Lydia's scene was that this was HER party. Most people giving a party will make an effort to not create drama. I think she came on this show acting like this quirky young woman that just wanted to keep the peace amoung all the women. The longer we see her we can see that she loves stirring the pot with the best of them and is not as innocent as she first acted.
I like her so I'm completely biased (I admit), still giving her a chance. I don't think she was really hurt by Slade's comment, I think she just put him in his place. What he said was rude, but yeah, I would have smiled and let it go if it was my party. Out of all of them this season, she's probably the only one I'd like to hang with at all. I used to think Gretchen would be fun, but she's Grouchy Gretchen now.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 PM

7,376 posts, read 5,490,342 times
Anybody watch the 2 hour special? I didn't see a lot of it but it was fun seeing scenes from the first couple seasons. And Jo, Jeana, Laurie, some other dark haired woman, and space-kiddet Lynn were on there and it was fun to see them again. I wish they would have had all the women who had been on but they didnt. And some of the kids who aren't on he show anymore.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,806,506 times
Quote:
Anybody watch the 2 hour special? I didn't see a lot of it but it was fun seeing scenes from the first couple seasons. And Jo, Jeana, Laurie, some other dark haired woman, and space-kiddet Lynn were on there and it was fun to see them again. I wish they would have had all the women who had been on but they didnt. And some of the kids who aren't on he show anymore.
watching it now but I'm not enjoying it
was thinking of changing channels. Has an hour and 15 minutes left..............does it get better ???

Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,510,292 times
Quote:
Have it on DVR and watched a few minutes. Will probably watch tomorrow when I can FF through boring stuff. I had forgotten how dopey Lynn is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV