Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 01:13 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,410,152 times

Advertisements

Ironically, I had just watched Queen of Versailles a few weeks ago or I wouldn't have known who they were either. In that show, the house was a pigsty, with dog urine and feces all over the place, one of the lizards had died due to lack of water and no one even knew it or was upset about it. The father acted like a jerk (this is when his financial empire was collapsing) and had no involvement with the kids whatsoever. The kids were out-of-control. It was just totally dysfunctional. Therefore, I was interested in seeing Celeb Wife Swap and thought I had DVR'd it, but no. I'll have to see if it's on-demand.

Anyway, she's taking a lot of flak for the way she dressed at her daughter's funeral (boobs hanging out) and for taking a photo of the coffin and for appearing to smile as she greeted some mourners. I think that is just awful, to judge her after she has just lost a child. Remember Anna Nicole after her son died? They had a "commitment ceremony" where they jumped in the water together and just whooped it up. And no one can say Anna Nicole was not devastated by the loss of her son. People just grieve differently. She should be left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 03:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
I had no idea who she was until I saw Celebrity Wife Swap. I must say, my impression of her was not good at all. They had 8 kids, and the little ones were so ignored. I felt so sad for the kids. The camping trip the other mom had for them looked like so much fun, but the dad backed out saying something lame like he's not a camper and he has work to do, so he missed it. He's definitely not "dad" material and besides, he's 80 years old or something like that.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:55 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,427,751 times
Had never heard of her/them either til the Wife Swap show. I felt for the kids, they have so much in material things but just seem so neglected in other ways. Just took a peek at some of the funeral pictures, sheesh. Am sure they were in shock and their sister's passing will hit them later, ppl do grieve differently and in different ways.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,042 times
I watched the Wife Swap episode with On Demand last night. How unbelievably sad that the twin girls were literally hanging onto the other mom when it was time for the swap to end.

I hope the swap as well as their daughter's tragic death will teach these two something

Old 06-14-2015, 04:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I watched the Wife Swap episode with On Demand last night. How unbelievably sad that the twin girls were literally hanging onto the other mom when it was time for the swap to end.

I hope the swap as well as their daughter's tragic death will teach these two something
It won't. They are both too money hungry and certainly have their priorities bassackwards. Life will go on as usual.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:16 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post

That got me, too. It broke my heart. Those kids were just starving for attention and affection. What good will that huge monstrosity of a mansion do for those kids other than isolate them from their parents even more. These are going to be troubled, socially inept, lonely kids, and I'm afraid their sister's situation won't be an isolated one in this family. They're just screaming for attention. I know the parents won't understand their daughter's pain, but if this didn't give them a slap upside the head, they need a parenting intervention.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:04 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
That got me, too. It broke my heart. Those kids were just starving for attention and affection. What good will that huge monstrosity of a mansion do for those kids other than isolate them from their parents even more. These are going to be troubled, socially inept, lonely kids, and I'm afraid their sister's situation won't be an isolated one in this family. They're just screaming for attention. I know the parents won't understand their daughter's pain, but if this didn't give them a slap upside the head, they need a parenting intervention.
Great post. Maybe a parenting intervention won't work, but there are agencies, I think, that don't take too kindly to feces all over the floor. Maybe not tho, based on the Osborne's. Anyway, the loss of a child is the most devastating thing a mother can live through, but I guess everyone deals in their own way.

I actually wanted to see if anyone remembered at the beginning of the show when SHE asked if any of the kids wanted to wish her off. They didn't show one of them getting up. That could have een editing, and if it was, I bet they regret it now.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Who regretting? The network?

I don't think that was editing. It happened as we saw it I bet. Why would those kids care if that woman in the house who calls herself "Mother" leave? They probably see very little of her anyway. They are probably more attached to the nannies unless the nannies don't give any affection either.

Poor kids.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:20 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Who regretting? The network?

I don't think that was editing. It happened as we saw it I bet. Why would those kids care if that woman in the house who calls herself "Mother" leave? They probably see very little of her anyway. They are probably more attached to the nannies unless the nannies don't give any affection either.

Poor kids.
IMO the nannies were the best part. The one they talked with twice was very dramatic. I couldn't decide if she had the worst job or the best acting skills. The whole bit about the father having the concrete tomb but not the house was a bit much.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:28 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Don't know what made me think of this, but I searched out this thread and was wondering if there are any updates?
I suppose I can try googling but thought I would ask to see if there were others interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV