Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 08:44 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,027,831 times

Advertisements

Yeah I get that plot line...but like so many things IF that's what TP is doing -- it's not being done RIGHT.
None of that would have happened the way we've seen so far.

But what else is new?...when Candace continues to show up -- and NO ONE wonders who the hell she is.
-- She walked into a hospital operating room DURING a SURGERY. Really?
-- She called Jim a dirty cheating dog at a fairly public event -- no security anywhere no one even made a move to remove her.
They just stood around looking STUPID! I know the retirement announcement was in his office but still.....there were other people there, presumably court workers, his secretary, legal staff, etc. No one batted an eye.
-- She talks to a judge in open court -- and he LETS HER TALK -- KNOWING she has no standing to do so..

It's not so much TP's plot lines -- it's how inept he is -- and how "off they are in the execution of it all.

Now we have a brain dead patient moved (maybe) without ANY parent permission -- mother or father.
If Tony thinks Hannah did it -- that means, he, as the father didn't OK it.
Hannah sure didn't do it.
So TP wants me to believe that in a high profile case that's prompted marchers in the street -- the hospital just let's him be moved -- when they KNOW there's a court challenge and a judge's ruling pending?

I'm watching the finale next week.....but, damn, how bad can this crap get?

As I said before not to mention the campaign manager scenes where she's asking Jim who looks at David, or asking Kat who looks at Veronica -- about who Candace is. So she gets a file and Veronica goes to the jail herself....won't THAT come to light and get traced to her eventually. This show is a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 PM

8,079 posts, read 4,757,124 times
TP creates his own unlikely situations, such as the ones mentioned above, but a really good daytime soap scriptwriter could write themselves out of them with a little bit of creativity (and more than a little nerve).

I can't justify/explain some of the stuff they involve Candace in, since they are obviously trying to make her the "Mary Sue" of this show who is at the center of every plot and always seems to be driving things. That role in so many other areas makes me believe it's Candace, not Kathryn, who had Benny moved to another facility. She didn't seem too broken up over Benny's "death", and though one could write that off as her just being a cold, hard person, part of me thinks she could have figured out some way to have this done, and isn't mourning him because she knows he isn't dead. But knowing TP's understanding of law, medicine, and plotting, he'd probably write that Candace has Benny socked away in the hall closet.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:50 AM

I've been seeing the promos. PLEASE don't tell me Candace shows up and yet ANOTHER Cryer/campaign/public event.

Get me another campaign manager , please -- who doesn't' just TALK a good game. Blondie has intel that rivals the CIA, yet doesn't get security to make sure "the big announcement" isn't crashed.

Actually we don't know that this will happens. But we'll find out soon

If viewers want some REAL bad-ass soap opera biotches -- male and female -- might I suggest "Scandal" Thursday night's on ABC? THAT show is deep -- with real power plays and jaw-dropping, gasp out loud twists and turns. THAHNs is just a sad and weak elementary school play by comparison.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:06 PM

Well, This show premiered this past week.
Guess no one is watching....oh well....my favorite TV snark site is closing so I guess this is all I have....so here goes....

-- BEST scene and acting of the night – opener with Kathryn and Hannah at the jail (on doing the right thing and each protecting her child)

-- WORSE SCENE could we have a tie? – 1) at the jail – HOW MANY TIMES did Maggie and Jim go back and forth with the “I’ll handle this,” “No. I’ve got this.” “No. You stay out of it. I’m handling this..” “No. I need to get on top of this.” No. I’m already handling this.”
Really Tyler? Come on.

2) When crime boss mama first comes into frame – sits and front of Candace, takes off the hood and then goes into some BS about getting on a bus and leaving town? Again. Really? Leave town and never come back? THAT is what she’s kidnapped for? The Malones must be D-List crime family if THAT is what they have to offer. Where’s Shelly Winters when we need her..now she was one “Bloody Mama” (if you’re too young to know, it’s a movie.)

The first time Candace talked back she should have been slapped silly. The two goons behind her never pulled her hair to jerk her head back – like we see when the person being held mouths off. They never her touched her. She’s giving off that much mouth? and they don’t lay a hand on her?

-- Wyatt – I was praying at the end – DON’T confess. Don’t break! His father’s a judge and he falls for that “look at these pictures, I can help you.” Routine. Jim told him no MATTER WHAT – Don’t say A WORD!

-- Jim and Kathryn in the police waiting area 1) he told her more than once shut up about certain things because of the cameras..2) No way a cop would have talked to a judge like that

-- Amanda -- Next week the crazy one returns. An entire plot line I couldn’t care less about.

-- Jeffrey – I just don’t think that actor can act. Or either he’s too old to be playing this naive and sheltered.

Oh My how could I get the Veronica/David ride home in the car! Veronica’s attitude with Maggie on the phone. I’d have to set Veronica straight, cause I never HAVE been able to let people talk to me any old kind of way.

Finally I have to say Tyler did pull an old, tried and true soap opera staple plot twist out of his hat – with the D.A. on Wyatt’s case been burned by Jim.

(Some one at the other site pointed out that I hadn't mentioned Benny -- now having brain activity. That's because just like Amanda -- I couldn't care less about him either. But hey, if he lives...he lives.)

SPOILER: OMG -- has anyone scene the promo for this coming week. It looks like the Malones bring in some gurney contraption one which to torture -- or transport -- Candace. Jim finally tells David veronica has the car! Amanda -- once again -- goes looking to get a gun. And jim stands before reporters to say he's been part of a 'cover up'....IS he laying the blame on Veronica/Jeffery? And therefor jettisoning DAVID from his gov race ticket? IF SO -- I'd LOVE to see him and David and enemies -- the two big patriarch titans at war...'cause I LOVES ME SOME DAVID!! (actor Peter Parros)

Old 05-31-2014, 07:03 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,415,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
Well, This show premiered this past week.
Guess no one is watching....<snip>
what? it's back on already...

good looking out...

even though it went off the rails after the 1st half of season one ima still check it out

Old 05-31-2014, 09:13 PM

In and odd coincidence, I was flipping through channels the other night and noticed that OWN was no longer on the channel it had always been on--Bloomberg TV was there. So I started going through the whole slate of channels to see if maybe OWN had been dropped from my system. The Haves and the Have Nots was the only show I watched on OWN so imagine my surprise when I not only found OWN on another channel, but H&HN was actually airing. I had not heard any promos or anything.

I only saw about a third of the episode, but one thing that stuck out to me was the improved "look" of the show, as if they had gotten higher-quality cameras or film or something. I guess we can expect some things like that to have been tweaked. Hope they got some writing lessons for Mr. Perry (or better still, a co-writer with actual soap experience).

Old 06-04-2014, 02:17 PM

36,667 posts, read 67,617,460 times
Watching this show for the first time.

Talk about non stop drama. Wow.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Actually, I've seen them actually slow things down a bit from the breakneck speed of season one. In the first season of episodes, it was just plot plot plot and characters always whipped up into a lather as if they were all drinking gallons of Red Bull before their scenes. In the two eps I've seen so far, they have included several thoughtful, character-enhancing scenes that didn't necessarily push forward the plot of the moment (or at least they didn't seem like it at the time). I was especially struck by the scenes between Hannah and that student-nurse, since there wasn't any overt hints that the scenes were leading up to anything other than giving Hannah a chance to talk quietly to someone.

I'm increasingly convinced Tyler Perry has a ghost-writer doing the breakdowns of the scripts, if not doing the actual writing of the show. The shift in gears, pacing-wise, along with better balance of characters, is making the show a lot easier to watch. What was "The Tika Sumpter Show" (Candace) with everything revolving around her schemes has evolved into an ensemble cast of characters. TP always seemed overly-attached to Sumpter, who, even though she IS worthy of star treatment, should not have been involved in every storyline. Maybe someone is behind the scenes helping to guide him in the art of serial storytelling.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:25 PM

318 posts, read 506,876 times
anybody still watching this? im soooooo annoyed that no one will tell benny that his own father tried to end his life. TELL HIM! i get not telling him right away, but when he kept asking about his father i would have told him.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,415,749 times
this show is so dumb you cant help but watch

i didnt see this weeks ep yet

how do you like reincarnated benny? he's pretty happy golucky isnt he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV