Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times

Advertisements

Andrew is a real screwball!!!! OMG-no wonder he is so useless--what a freaking liar!! Dangerous work for someone who knows nothing about being a crew member on a big boat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,852,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Don't forget, ALL reality is completely scripted nowadays. Adrienne is really a sweetheart. She'll be making appearances this season.

For a living she books crew on megayachts. She and Kat are actually besties. She is the one that found all the crew for Below Deck.
I'll have to take your word for it since you personally know her.

I think what surprises me the most is how negatively the crew speaks about the guests. Especially the captain. If I was a guest and watched what they said about me I'd never book with them again. They said some pretty awful things about the guests from the first two episodes and from the preview it looks like they are going to be saying some awful things about the next guests. Sure what they are saying is true but maybe it just shouldn't be said while the cameras are rolling.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post

I think what surprises me the most is how negatively the crew speaks about the guests. Especially the captain. If I was a guest and watched what they said about me I'd never book with them again. They said some pretty awful things about the guests from the first two episodes and from the preview it looks like they are going to be saying some awful things about the next guests. Sure what they are saying is true but maybe it just shouldn't be said while the cameras are rolling.

totally agree!!!! And Kate could not be more jealous of these rich women or women with rich guys! She needs to put on a happy face

Old 08-27-2014, 06:45 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Isn't Adrienne engaged?
Yes! She just got engaged to a lovely guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'll have to take your word for it since you personally know her.

Don't forget, these aren't 'paying' guests and have NOT spent hundreds of thousands for their charter. They sign waivers and understand they are getting trashed on tv.

The production company books the mega yacht for a set amount of time (six weeks) and they have other reality people that come on the boat for a couple of days to film.

Think about it, if you had the money to spend $150,000 a week for a mega yacht, would you have the time or patience to let a crew film around you? Most probably your time is much more valuable than your money and when you are ready for R&R you don't want it broadcast on tv.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:

Don't forget, these aren't 'paying' guests and have NOT spent hundreds of thousands for their charter. They sign waivers and understand they are getting trashed on tv.

The production company books the mega yacht for a set amount of time (six weeks) and they have other reality people that come on the boat for a couple of days to film.

Think about it, if you had the money to spend $150,000 a week for a mega yacht, would you have the time or patience to let a crew film around you? Most probably your time is much more valuable than your money and when you are ready for R&R you don't want it broadcast on tv.
That doesn't make it ok for Kate to be such a jerk to the guest. If I was the captain I would have fired her. She trashes every guest that comes on board. If she hates the guest so much why does she even work in this industry? If she is so miserable she has no one else to blame but herself for continuing to work on yachts. She can't even be bothered to provide a decent mojito. I wouldn't be surprised if she was also spitting in their drinks.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:06 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
Quote:

Who is responsible for the tips? The non-paying guests or is the money furnished by Bravo?

Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
I ran into Ben (the chef) last night at Hunters in Fort Lauderdale. I'm actually friends with Adrienne Gang so I spoke to him and said hello.

He was a complete and total DICK. I could not believe how rude he was.
I can believe it.

He needs to keep his attitude in the kitchen.

I love all of these idiots who whine about having to DO THEIR JOB.

Time to get another J-O-B if they can't handle it.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 AM

My heart broke for Andrew. I know he lied and that he was a slacker but I think it would have been better for the captain to mentor him since his original decision was to keep him. I think it was a bit cruel to spring it on him after it was made to seem like he could stay.

I'm still baffled at how rude some of them are to the guest. If I was rich I would never book a charter on that boat. Anyone going on that show can now expect to be talked about awfully.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,249 times
The posts here make some questions I had a bit more clear. The 3-4 episodes I watched had a lot of comments by Kate about the guests being fussy because this is their only opportunity. If they are paying less or not at all because the are being filmed, it makes total sense.

I also read an article that explained the first officers were the real crew, and the captain - but the rest were not. That would explain why everyone was so angry with Andrew. The cats and explained that the TV deck hands were even less experience than he would have expected. As such, if they were out reset and his lack of experience he must have really been lacking experience and had a lot of issues that were shown on camera.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:31 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,249 times
I must say that watching them work on TV to serve the guests did motivate me to get up and clean when I really didn't feel like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV