Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I totally agree Kenly is "playing dumb", which is very dishonest. Given her flawed personality, can see that she most likely lacks integrity.

Yes, Korto should have won! But honestly, they all were very good, very beautiful selections. Just thought Korto's was most wearable and most beautiful. Would never wear Leeann's "petal outfits", too adolescent and fairy tale. Not for an adult woman.
I don't believe she is playing dumb. I believe her influences are from the past and it's evident from her personal style that she surrounds herself w/ everything vintage. It's absolutely possible that she has little interest in modern fashion...much like myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:21 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
perhaps, but as Tim Gunn said, "she needs a crash course on Fashion History"; it is her responsibility to know fashion, it's history, etc. She will end up getting sued if she's not careful.
I personally think she darn well knows that she has seen those other styles from other designers and if didn't outright copy them() then at least borrowed the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I don't believe she is playing dumb. I believe her influences are from the past and it's evident from her personal style that she surrounds herself w/ everything vintage. It's absolutely possible that she has little interest in modern fashion...much like myself.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:57 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
Right. If you google Kenley's copycat works, you'll see tons of posts that show how she "influenced" her collection w/ things from other designers.

Kenley s Balenciaga Dress Did she or Didn t she Take Two by Yuli - MyItThings Magazine

ELLE Tell All : Fashion, Design and Style from ELLE.com: Bridal Wave

Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
I was so surprised that Korto didn't win. Leeann's work was nice but there simply was no variety of style. And the women who would wear her work well are limited in number. With Korto there was such beautiful variety and because of that there was something there for almost any woman.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I was so surprised that Korto didn't win. Leeann's work was nice but there simply was no variety of style. And the women who would wear her work well are limited in number. With Korto there was such beautiful variety and because of that there was something there for almost any woman.

I agree totally. Not sure what "political" leanings these judges are wielding, but hardly ever agree with their selections.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
I thought all three women put together wonderful collections that truly represented who they are. I honestly liked them all and found I liked Korto's more than I expected to -- especially that long green dress. I'm glad she left out the garments she did and created two new ones at the last minute, even though it added to her pressure.

I loved Leanne's collection and am very happy for her win. I think the other two will do alright for themselves and, who knows? Maybe Kenley's loss will give her the incentive to improve her attitude and watch her mouth a little more in the future.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I thought all three women put together wonderful collections that truly represented who they are. I honestly liked them all and found I liked Korto's more than I expected to -- especially that long green dress. I'm glad she left out the garments she did and created two new ones at the last minute, even though it added to her pressure.

I loved Leanne's collection and am very happy for her win. I think the other two will do alright for themselves and, who knows? Maybe Kenley's loss will give her the incentive to improve her attitude and watch her mouth a little more in the future.
I thought Korto should have one because her collection was fun and it had a variety. I loved the blue top and white pants Leanne made but after seeing allllll those petals I was a little bored. It would have been better if she used the petals on some pieces and then used the colors to go into other pieces. She should have watched the previous seasons and saw how they did it - Jeffery was the best at transitioning in my opinion.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:49 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,906 times
Add me to the list of those who feel that Korto should have won, and Leanne come in second. I was surprised because I wasn't bowled over by Korto's designs during the season (they were nice but I usually liked either Leanne's or Jerell's output better) and wasn't impressed at all when I saw her stuff during the 'Tim Gunn visit'. And after seeing the fantastic job Leanne did on the wedding dress challenge I was expecting to be blown away by her collection. While it was extremely pretty and appealing, I too felt that it was just a BIT too much of one thing. I realize that collections are supposed to be cohesive but IMO Leanne's was just a tiny bit too much of simply variations on one theme ('petals').

Other than 3 of Leanne's (the pants set being one!) I couldn't see myself wearing any of them... whereas Korto's collection had me saying "Yep, I'd buy that!!" for almost every one. They were clearly a collection but there was enough variety in the colors and structure to keep it from looking "one-note".

I didn't like Kenley's collection at all, and still can't see why the judges said it was "cohesive". Other than short pouffy skirts and hand painting, what element did her outfits have in common?? The fit was excellent but then so was Korto's.

After the show I went to the Project Rungay site and looked at the other (non top 3) designers collections. Again a surprise: I expected to like Jerell's, but didn't! And I was pleasantly surprised by Joe's. Sure it's tres casual for the most part, but that's his thing. Not saying I would wear any of it (I'm in my late 50s so any of his stuff would look ridiculous on me) , just that I found many of them appealing.

Whereas I could actually wear several of Korto's designs in real life.

I liked Leanne the best of all this seaon's contestants so I'm glad she won; but truth be told, if it was supposed to come down to who had the best COLLECTION overall, I think Korto wuz robbed.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:11 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
I thought Kenley's was a bit "Disney-ish" with the basic color palate. I thought it was funny how her old snotty attitude surfaced at Tim right before the runway finale, and then when she learned Tim was the surprise guest, she said something like, oh I guess I should have watched my attitude.

She is a whiney, self-centered bltch.

I liked Leann's overall "feel" to her collection. I think it was close, but I think she deserved the win over Kato. I think Kato's wedding dress/maid of honor was bleeeau, and that might have hurt her. Didn't she re-do her wedding dress?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
We of course have no idea what the judges talk about when deciding winners and losers, but I do recall them discussing Kenley's attitude about three weeks ago, and the unanimous belief was that she would have serious problems when dealing with clients. I'm going to bet that her attitude problem, in the end, overshadowed her talent.

I think Korto's Bryant Park collection was the winner of the three. But looking back over the season, Leann was more consistent week to week. I was tired of seeing the petals though, and reality is I wouldn't be caught wearing any of her designs. I adored Korto's green halter gown - fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV