Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times

Advertisements

Yes Pippy! We both get to have our own style likes and root for different people, what makes the world an interesting place.

Interesting about On Demand. I love the concept and use but I too have found spotty coverage of series which can be frustrating. Just about the time you rely on it they 'forget'? to load a show. Had not notice any consistent not showing of finales though.

Is anyone watching the new one with Nichole Ritchie? I like PR and hope it goes back to Heidi, Tim et al. Thats enough for me although I'd be interested in others take on the new show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Michaels my favorite. He's so much faster than the other two, it's unreal. Mondo is too moody. I felt worse for Michael than I have for anyone when he was let go the season he was on. He took it so hard.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,137,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I am glad I caught this last show before the final. I did not watch any of the previous episodes until now. I had to laugh at the "drama" which was amusing, but did not overshadow the creativeness at work. The final should rock.

I noticed they showed very little finished product of Mondo's. I have a feeling he will wow them. I always liked Austin, he makes me laugh. And he has some skills. His help tonight was a blast. I have no idea who will win though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Why didn't you watch the whole season Red??? Do I have to come over and watch it with you? Hey wait....that would actually be quite fun.
You better call me, when you do!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Spoiler

well I figured the whiney little queen would win and I was right.
I was surprised though that I actually thought his line was pretty good. I don't see how Michael came in 3rd though. Behind Austin?? No way

I love Michael's line and would wear it all.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,532 times
I wasn't surprised by who won. There was a hue and a cry when he didn't win his season so I think Lifetime made sure he won this time.
I was surprised Heidi and Tim weren't at least at the fashion show.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
I think the right person won. I really liked Mondos collection.

I see he brought back the circle dress, or at least a variation of it.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
I didn't care for Austin during his season, but fell in love with him when he and that other designer took off through the country dressing up women who had never had a chance to be dressed by a designer. He was such a sweetie. I would love to have Austin dress me up. He's very tender and kind in his interactions with his clients. He'd make a great girlfriend.

All that being said, I think Rami should still be here... What a hottie.

But ... this is a toughie (yes, I'm being good and didn't look at the spoiler.) I'm watching the collections show right now.

I liked Mondo and Michael in their seasons. But now, meh. Mondo just whines and throws all the drama out there. Michael can't win.

So -- here come the collections -- woo hoo!
Love watching Austin with rollers in his hair. I just love him. He's a grand dame from the ante bellum deep south, circa 1900. When I see him I think of that book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" (All except for the tons of bleeps while he's sewing and fitting. LOL)

Well - you know, as we have said all along, on this show -- all three of these guys are winners. There are definitely designers and designer houses that each of them appeal to. So just like American Idol, being in the finale puts them in front of millions of potential clients and bosses.

Oh - so this is the show where people who are "important" get to be "seen" at the show. Dontcha love it?

Looks like Mondo's ability to get things done in time works in his favor. Michael and Austin are jamming and that works against them.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
How much you wanna bet that Neiman Marcus carries all three of these guys?
It sure sounded like that in the critiques

Absolutely amazing these guys thought up, created, bought fabric, designed it, cut it, sewed it, styled the models ... all in 4 days!! Good Heavens! I can't figure out which fabric to get for a swimsuit coverup.

Mizrahi really really really doesn't like Michael. LOL

I like Hilfiger. He's an interesting guy.
He's a salesman. He knows what people are buying... Funny that they brought the two experts in and ignored them. I think someone said awhile ago -- this winner was a foregone conclusion and it didn't matter what guest judges said.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:47 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I wasn't surprised by who won. There was a hue and a cry when he didn't win his season so I think Lifetime made sure he won this time.
I don't think there was any fix. His work is strong - and memorable. Even if you don't like his clothes, you probably remember them!

That said, when they announced there would be an all-stars version of the show, my very first thought was that Mondo had to be a part of it, and would probably win. I didn't think he was necessarily "robbed" last time, although I was surprised when he didn't win - but his work definitely stuck in my head!

I loved how on the After Show they showed both of Mondo's collections on a split screen - comparing them in that way was REALLY interesting! He had weeks or months to come up with the season 8 collection, and his latest collection, that was created in only four days was better. I still loved one of his season 8 dresses - and still hated the season 8 potato sack dress - but overall, it felt like he took best of his old work, and moved on.

I also have to say that Austin's collection was so much better than I expected - it was definitely his best work of the season. And his rock and roll glamour with a little Hasidic Jew twist turned out to be kind of cool!

And Michael's collection looked great when the models were walking. Once they stood still, all in a line, during the critique, the clothes looked a little ordinary. But when they were walking? They looked great!

Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
I'm shocked that Mondo won - was sure it'd be Austin because I thought he was their pet and also that Mondo's whining had got to everyone. So happy for him and thought he deserved the win for that runway show. Holy cow I loved over half the collection and am dying for that entire pant suit plus a couple of the dresses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV