Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:13 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
I don't know. For me this is one of those shows that's outlived its entertainment lifespan.
I don't think it has. If anything, I love seeing the different countries, learning some of the customs and watching the teams struggle with passports, money, language and culture. Plus, I like every team except Brenchel, so I'm excited about All-Stars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I don't think it has. If anything, I love seeing the different countries, learning some of the customs and watching the teams struggle with passports, money, language and culture. Plus, I like every team except Brenchel, so I'm excited about All-Stars.
I know right! Me too. The best part aside from the gorgeous scenery is watching each team attemp to speak a modicum of the language. Some of them just butcher it - LOL. Like the Kentucky guys, they were one of the worst for pronouncing place names. LOL

Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I know right! Me too. The best part aside from the gorgeous scenery is watching each team attemp to speak a modicum of the language. Some of them just butcher it - LOL. Like the Kentucky guys, they were one of the worst for pronouncing place names. LOL
LOL, it's gonna be so much fun seeing them again.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
I don't know. For me this is one of those shows that's outlived its entertainment lifespan.
Good thing you're in the minority. I love seeing the different locations if nothing else. My husband keeps saying that we could and should do that show and so I watch the various activities that they have to do.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
This show will be on for several more season's. It has good ratings, loyal fans, great locations, fantastic photography, good editing, everything a successful showe could ask for.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:08 AM

It amazes me each at each season's last stop, how the teams say, "I've written everything down, taken copious notes, tried to remember as much as I could". I would never have thought to do that, but I guess if you're really serious, and have watched the show long enough, you'd do that. This year, though, no one wrote down the name of the currency for each country. Bet they all do this time!!

On other TAR boards, the sentiment's all the same~~excitement, loving the teams, who to root for as they're all favorites (well, except for the one that everyone loves to hate), where they're going.....I hope the producers are reading and seeing a massive swelling of excited anticipation for this season more than any other before!! I'll bet the ratings are through the roof the first couple of weeks!

Last edited by Marcy1210; 12-13-2013 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: additions

Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Okay fans, tonight is the night, Sunday Feb 23 at 7pm here in MST, your area may vary. Are your favorites playing?

Old 02-23-2014, 12:55 AM

Every team is a favorite of mine. This is going to suck when one goes home. Such the opposite of last season when I was rooting for everyone to go home, now I'm rooting for no one to go home.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:47 AM

356 posts, read 281,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I'll watch Amazing Race because I always do, but I can't imagine a whole season of Brachel, with her whining voice and her puckered lips when she cries, which is often. Maybe we'll luck out and they'll get kicked out early in the season.
Yes, that would be nice, but it probably won't happen. They are the team that everyone loves to hate, and that keeps people watching. I think the producers will keep them in the race as long as possible to keep the viewers interested.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:28 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Okay fans, tonight is the night, Sunday Feb 23 at 7pm here in MST, your area may vary. Are your favorites playing?

OMG--I didn't remember!!!!!!!! so thank you my buddy, my pal!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV