Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 08:56 PM

3,254 posts, read 2,340,472 times

Advertisements

How much are these folks paid to be on these shows? I sorta figured all they all began around $50,000, or at least $30,000, but on this thread someone said they start at $15,000. Can that possibly be true? Who would do it for that amount of money?

I am assuming all the 'Housewives' must be paid much more since most of them are already wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 09:38 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
How much are these folks paid to be on these shows? I sorta figured all they all began around $50,000, or at least $30,000, but on this thread someone said they start at $15,000. Can that possibly be true? Who would do it for that amount of money?

I am assuming all the 'Housewives' must be paid much more since most of them are already wealthy.
Some would do it for free as they are on their second or third reality show. Especially the Before the 90 day spin-off crowd who don't even have to commit possible visa fraud to get a cast member over for the show. Many of the early couples thought they were doing something like a Lisa Ling documentary and wanted to do it to prove that as a class they weren't losers buying a prostitute from the Third World. And Evangelist trying to show us how to live as they saw God's plan.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:56 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
I was thinking/hoping there would be a part 3 of the tell all.

Old 06-14-2020, 10:28 PM

564 posts, read 1,043,518 times
Wow! I just found this thread tonight. I had no idea there was one for 90 Day Fiance. I'm new to the show. I only started watching it this season with the group you have been talking about - Varya, David, et al. Are these people all actors? If they are, then none of them are really interested in getting together for real, right? I watched Pillow Talk several times and then the episode about the couple who had a baby (the ones in Florida). Are they acting too or are they a real couple who met on 90 Day Fiance?

Old 06-15-2020, 05:04 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Turns out they've been running all day on my local station. Repackaged as "A look back" or something like that. Watched a little, saw there was nothing new, basically just a repeat. Deleted them all.
That's what I said yesterday, they were playing specials such as Paul and Karine, Tanya and Syngin that's "our story so far" for people not up on the story lines of the new show last night. My DVR recorded them too, I deleted them too because I didn't need to rewatch them but I'm glad they do that for new people to the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post

1st season is $15,000 per season, with a $2500 bonus for the tell-all, they renegotiate after that if they're lucky enough to be featured in a spin off

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
Wow! I just found this thread tonight. I had no idea there was one for 90 Day Fiance. I'm new to the show. I only started watching it this season with the group you have been talking about - Varya, David, et al. Are these people all actors? If they are, then none of them are really interested in getting together for real, right? I watched Pillow Talk several times and then the episode about the couple who had a baby (the ones in Florida). Are they acting too or are they a real couple who met on 90 Day Fiance?
Geoffrey is an actor, we don't know if he used the show to further his career. There were a few others we had questions like Caesar who is also an actor and one guy a season before.

Which couple in Florida with the baby? Robert and Annie that's pregnant, Andrei and Elizabeth or Pao and Russ with son Axel? They're all really together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I don't even try to figure out which show is which.

They all kind of run together after a while.

ETA..do any of these people work?
Or have earnings just from this show?
I know some work while others like Angela, I'm not so sure of. She could be getting paid to care for her mother (before she passed) plus the mothers social security as well as being paid to care for her grand kids (as a foster parent) while her daughter was in prison for sexual abuse of a minor.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:45 AM

564 posts, read 1,043,518 times
I don't remember the names of the couple in Florida but the guy is from Israel and the girl has Tourette's, I think.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:19 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,423,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
I don't remember the names of the couple in Florida but the guy is from Israel and the girl has Tourette's, I think.
Oh that's Loren and Alexei. They were questionable on their initial season, in my opinion, but they have become one of my favorites and they are for sure legit. There are quite a few couples who, like them, met NOT on the internet but in real life. She was there for a birthright trip and he was assigned to her group, I think as a medic. I think Russ and Pao met when he was working or vacationing where she lived.

I think that they are not paid uniformly the same amount. I am sure the more "in demand" or popular couples can and may command a higher price. I also think lots of the trips are paid for or helped out by the company. These trips are not cheap and many of the people on these shows definitely do not have the means to pull that off.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:35 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Oh that's Loren and Alexei. They were questionable on their initial season, in my opinion, but they have become one of my favorites and they are for sure legit. There are quite a few couples who, like them, met NOT on the internet but in real life. She was there for a birthright trip and he was assigned to her group, I think as a medic. I think Russ and Pao met when he was working or vacationing where she lived.
So far, Alexei is the only immigrant to become an American citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I think that they are not paid uniformly the same amount. I am sure the more "in demand" or popular couples can and may command a higher price. I also think lots of the trips are paid for or helped out by the company. These trips are not cheap and many of the people on these shows definitely do not have the means to pull that off.
The immigrant isn't paid anything until they get a green card. From what I've read, they usually split the pay with the immigrant and from what I'm reading, Rose is crying that Ed didn't give her anything for being on the show.

I agree some get paid way more. Tim and Veronica are a huge hit from what I'm reading.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:48 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
So far, Alexei is the only immigrant to become an American citizen.

The immigrant isn't paid anything until they get a green card. From what I've read, they usually split the pay with the immigrant and from what I'm reading, Rose is crying that Ed didn't give her anything for being on the show.

I agree some get paid way more. Tim and Veronica are a huge hit from what I'm reading.
There were no legal restrictions for paying Rose as she did not enter the US under a K-1 visa awaiting a work authorization and the removal of restrictions later. The beauty of the Before the 90 Day spinoff is that visa fraud charges for the cast are not possible.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:20 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I was thinking/hoping there would be a part 3 of the tell all.

it's on tonight (Monday)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV