Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Erin sure showed us how the interviews should have gone all these Brooke years but Erin's voice irritated me so I can't say I am totally happy with that.

I missed Harold and his orchestra.

After telling Amy they had to judge her like "normal" they go and give her nines?? I don't understand that. Yes, I do, just sayin'.

Loved Meryle and Charlie.

Poor Billy D. He looked so out of it, mentally. "Smooth" looked to me liked stoned.

I'd be a fish out of water along with Diana if I had to dance in heels too.

Drew looked great.

Liked everyone even if I hadn't heard of them before. Interesting group.
Hi tami! I'm going to give Erin a few weeks to see if her voice tone is better but I liked how she kept the conversations flowing. No dead air time listening for crickets with her at least. Amy & Derek got all 8s even with that it might have been too high it will be interesting the next few weeks to see how she is scored all around.

FULL DWTS 18 : Amy Purdy & Derek - Cha Cha - Week 1 (3/17/2014) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 12:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
I re-watched NeNe's dance too she does keep her mouth open the whole time but it will be hard not to notice with her big bright fake white teeth. What's up with the gang signs too?

FULL DWTS 18 (Opening Night) : NeNe Leakes & Tony - Cha Cha - Week 1 (3/17/2014) - YouTube

Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I read that Harold's band wanted a huge increase in salary to continue on DWTS. I dont know whether that's true but it's plausible.

I thought the judges were pretty easy, just like last season. I cut them some slack this week because it was the first night but I hope they'll start giving truly-earned scores and more constructive criticism from now on. Does anyone remember how we complained about the too-high scores last season?

I think Erin did a great job. As nightbird and others posted, she made me realize just how uncomfortable Brooke always was there. And, just as the judges were too easy on the pros last Monday, let's cut Erin some slack and give her some time to get into the groove of the show. Performing on DWTS is entirely different than co-hosting it.

And I so agree about Mark. Yes, his parents taught Derek, and to some extent, Julianne, all they originally knew -- and I'm sure they held out a bit and taught Mark more. But Mark is nowhere near the dancer/teacher/choreographer that Derek is. Derek has earned the right to be egotistical, although he doesnt come off that way. Mark just comes across as a sleaze. I noticed how Candance told him, repeatedly, that she's just a housewife/mother -- I wondered if she were saying that to remind him to keep his hands where they belong. And what's up with his hair -- is he trying to pull off a Bruno Mars pompadour?
And there's only so much you can teach. The rest is sheer ability. They are all very talented. But he has an extra touch.

I think she's in part marginalizing herself. Yes, a wife and mother but until she's tried more dance she won't know if there isn't a secret dancer inside too. And she did quite specifically warn him about skimp costumes and some of the content. That may become a problem.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Didn't Zendaya do most of her numbers in sneakers?

Agreed!

So happy Maks is back. Bummed that Tristan isn't on though.
Yes, she did. It was critized in that everyone else had to learn and she went with sneekers. It wasn't playing fair. She had no physical reason she couldn't try. But most of her routines with an option were styled in the ways she was used to.

I'm so missing Tristan....

Old 03-19-2014, 02:12 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hi tami! I'm going to give Erin a few weeks to see if her voice tone is better but I liked how she kept the conversations flowing. No dead air time listening for crickets with her at least. Amy & Derek got all 8s even with that it might have been too high it will be interesting the next few weeks to see how she is scored all around.

FULL DWTS 18 : Amy Purdy & Derek - Cha Cha - Week 1 (3/17/2014) - YouTube
Thanks, Jax. I musta been dyslexing about who got what in scores.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
If Erin can dial it down a couple notches, she'll be great. I agree with TFW - let her find her groove. I think she'll be fine.
Gotta get my snark on for a minute here... Whoever is dressing her needs to get Brooke out of their head and style for Erin's body and personality. The RED was too much, she's a tall woman. And her boobs were like to explode out the front there. With her strong personality, it was a little over the top for me. How about a slimming indigo, or understated sage green instead.
/snark

Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Poor Billy Dee Williams, he can barely walk let alone dance, what was he thinking doing this show?

Old 03-20-2014, 03:37 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,644 times
I'm still trying to learn who all these people are, I know Cameron from Full House. I'm still trying to adjust to Erin too. She seemed to be at a loss for words or had some speech issues (talking faster than she was thinking at times).

It will all fuse together as time goes on. I'm not thrilled about the cast, but it looks like there will be a lot of emphasis on the two Olympic participants who will compete against each other.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I'm still trying to learn who all these people are, I know Cameron from Full House. I'm still trying to adjust to Erin too. She seemed to be at a loss for words or had some speech issues (talking faster than she was thinking at times).

It will all fuse together as time goes on. I'm not thrilled about the cast, but it looks like there will be a lot of emphasis on the two Olympic participants who will compete against each other.
Don't forget Amy is an Olympian also. She won Bronze in skiing in Sochi.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I used to like Mark, but this fame has gone to his head. He's decided he's God's gift to the dancers. He's got an ego that huge.

I'm not a fan of Cody Simpson, but I'm liking James Maslow (never heard of him before) and Sean Avery. I'd love to see Cheryl get James or Sean, and for Derek to dance with Danica.
I don't like Mark myself. He is a good dancer, and his parents basically trained most of the cast of DWTS, but he can be really bratty for lack of a better word. Like either he gives it his all or doesn't try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV