Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 10:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Good episode. I kept expecting Maggie to go into labor. Really liked the scene with Rosita and the other woman bonding over Abraham. Classy.

Negan threw the axe out the door into the herd of walkers, how did it end up on top of the RV? I don't recall seeing Rick bringing it up with him climbing the ladder.

Talk about being broken! Sure took a lot to break Rick. When our group manages to break free of Negan and his goons, there will be no mercy. There will be muchos bloodshed. I hope Negan has a date with his "dirty girl", Lucille.

TWD has been renewed for season 8. I hope it's not the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 10:30 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good episode. I kept expecting Maggie to go into labor. Really liked the scene with Rosita and the other woman bonding over Abraham. Classy.

Negan threw the axe out the door into the herd of walkers, how did it end up on top of the RV? I don't recall seeing Rick bringing it up with him climbing the ladder.

Talk about being broken! Sure took a lot to break Rick. When our group manages to break free of Negan and his goons, there will be no mercy. There will be muchos bloodshed. I hope Negan has a date with his "dirty girl", Lucille.

TWD has been renewed for season 8. I hope it's not the last.
"The other woman"? How long have you been watching TWD now?

Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
There are more threats than zombies and humans.. food shortage, natural disasters, the complete collapse of society's infrastructure (no more electricity, running water, etc), ammo shortage, (which they finally addressed last season), foreign military or homegrown militia trying to annex the USA at a vulnerable time, the remaining portion of the government trying to regain control of the situation, or maybe down the road the evolution of the walkers (a la I am Legend), newborns are infected with a more advance form of the walker virus (it infects the mother during the pregnancy), etc.

There a lot more creativity that can be done in a zombie world than a crime and hospital show. Like you stated a crime show is a crime happen, spend time solving it and eventually catch the criminal; a hospital show is solve/cure various ailments over and over again..

Breaking bad was way more than Walter CONSTANTLY trying not to get caught making and selling drugs and is fighting various enemies over and over again.

Tiddays!
It seems that's where Kirkman is taking us - the *REAL* monsters are other people. I don't know what happens in the comics (and don't want to at this point), but I am hoping Carol becomes Killer-Homemaker Carol again, and Morgan gives up this pacifist monk routine and starts kicking but. I feel like Maggie will snap the group back into battle mode.

I can say this for sure, it's going to be a looooooong season of deep breathes for us fans!

Old 10-24-2016, 10:43 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Last night was painful to watch in more ways than one. The writers, in a figurative way, pretty much took Lucille to the entire show, destroying its credibility along with any sense of decency much the way the characters were destroyed. The show's creators and writers did something amazing with the genesis of the show. They took literal garbage in the form of an obscure, poorly written and produced, violent fantasy comic book about nothing more than bashing zombies' brains in that only appealed to an extremely narrow subset of people, and turned it into an interesting and thought provoking show about survival and the social aspect of human beings coping with a post apocalyptic world. In the beginning, the show presented a very realistic (aside from the fact that zombies had been the cause) of a societal collapse and the aftermath of survival, finding food, water, shelter, weapons, and allying oneself with a group or going it alone, etc... The zombies as well as the other survivors as a constant threat provided tension and confrontations were of course gory at times, but the violence and gore never seemed to be for the sake of it, but rather as a realistic consequence of it. However, it's clear that the show has now come full circle and kowtowed to the immature, simple minded and maladjusted fanbase that supported the comic book.

Negan is a wildly unrealistic and fantastical villain compared to all that Rick and the group have faced in the past. Even the Termites made more sense and were more plausible than a chipmunk wearing a scarf that does nothing more than bludgeon people to death all day. At least the Governor put some effort into organizing a walled town. Speaking of walled towns, it seems that Alexandria was nothing more than a deus ex machina created for the sole purpose of wiping away all of the other concerns the group struggled with in order to focus on a ridiculous implausible enemy whose only purpose is to bludgeon and dismember people to the delight and glee of the basement dwelling fanboys. The group miraculously found a walled community with unlimited electricity, heat, and water, so now they can be locked into an interminable battle with Negan. Its really a shame that the writers felt the need to cave to what is likely, in reality, a very small yet vocal minority. Although, seven seasons is a respectable run and maybe they just want to see it go down in flames at this point?

Old 10-24-2016, 10:45 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaPA View Post
Yeah, there is no way Rick is faking submission. He might come back around, but right now he's a broken man. Its was the same when people said Carol was faking her issues, turns out she really had PTSD and actually was distraught. Sometimes it is what we see, these characters have flaws and things happen to them that change the course of their development path.
I think Maggie, Rosita, and Sasha will lead the way in snapping the group and Rick out of submission.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:48 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
you do know you DONT have to watch right????
or waste your time reading and posting in a thread about it.....

Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
This show is one big huge fail.

I'm not really ok with watching zombies get their heads gratuitously bashed in in graphic detail over and over and over again, despite the "viewer's discretion" warning.

So to watch live characters of the show endure a baseball bat repeatedly to the head by some sociopath-turned hero, I just gotta say...

Raise the bar.

Then you've got that wonderful Old Testament moment where Rick gets to whack his son's arm off.

These moments are the writers' efforts to win that coveted Emmy award.

I was sickened by the cliffhanger last season and just knew, watching very reluctantly what a turd this show would become this season.

Oh but, it's following the comic strip! Yeah, and as far as I'm concerned, that's where it should have stayed.

I do like the actors on the show though. Just don't agree with what passes for entertainment these days.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:16 AM

1,625 posts, read 1,355,564 times
This episode was very upsetting to me and in general I do not get upset about TV shows. At one point my friend asked "Is this entertaining for you?" and we realized that the answer for each of us was "No." I know Negan had to break Rick, but I didn't expect that he would break me too. I would like to think that the writers are setting us up so that Rick can get his revenge, that there will be some upliftment, some hope, some future to look forward to. But if there is more of this to come, I'm not sure yet if I can go along for that ride.

Kudos to JDM and Andy Lincoln, though. They were un-be-effing-lievable.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
I cried when Negan killed Glenn. I knew it was going to happen but I had no idea it would be that graphic!!!!

Andrew Lincoln deserves an Emmy for his performance. He killed it!!

Negan is sick. He makes The Governor look like an angelic priest!!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:25 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
I really hope we have an episode with some back story on Negan, like they did with the Governor. He's just this two-dimensional evil guy right now, but I'd like to see other sides of him. The best "evil" characters are those that are multi-layered, having some humanity and both good and bad, and when you can see how they got to where they are, what caused them to be so evil. If they don't do that, I'll be very disappointed. Most of us are not going to be satisfied with a 2-D comic strip of a character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV