Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2016, 01:11 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
boy there is always one, isn't there??????
One what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I think the clue is in how he took a liking to Daryl. Negan knows that Daryl would kill him no-questions-asked and that he is ultimately loyal to Rick and Alexandria.
All the more reason just to kill him right now. The last time Daryl said his name in response to "Who are you?" I thought he was done and was about to get brained. If Negan were smart, he wouldn't take a chance having a guy like that around. If he keeps screwing his head up, the guy could snap and be no good to anybody. But, I understand in TV world, being malnourished, mistreated, beaten, shot and subjected to isolation and torture tactics can be healed just by being off camera for a few minutes and Daryl could be turned into a super soldier.

Quote:
Dwight may be a special case amongst Negan's ranks, but I also believe that Negan takes Dwight to be "manless" and is taking advantage of the fact that what Dwight and Sherry did was for nothing more than basic survival. Meaning, he can openly mock Dwight. If Dwight stands up, he gets whacked. If he doesn't, he continues to be Negan's whipping boy for Negan's own egotistical pleasures.

For the rest of the Saviors, who knows? Some may enjoy the power they have over those who are beneath them, even if Negan ultimately holds them by the throat. Others, just another means of survival. Those who are working for points are more-or-less slaves, so I'd imagine they are also doing it for survival.
I get Dwight's story and what they are trying to portray, even though I don't buy it - I still find it entertaining to watch it play out. But I was really hoping they wouldn't just play everybody else as silent robots who have nothing but cold malice and undying servitude to Negan in their hearts. I mean did he start off with his little torture chamber factory and threw everybody in solitary one by one until he built up this army? How do you know to do that in the midst of zombie apocalypse? And all by yourself even? But we've got time, hopefully that will play out in future episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 01:35 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
boy there is always one, isn't there??????

you really love rainin on people's parades don't you?
He's only being realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

If you rewatch the episode, you should notice that the spokes on the front wheel of the motorcycle were jacked up. The bike looks a little banged up, too, and Dwight is kind of limping, holding a rib or something. I think he dumped it because it was busted.
I don't need to watch again, I saw that the first time. What does your response have to do with my post? Because I said he might go back for it? Go back for it to pick it up to fix it.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
So far, no one's response to why Daryl said he can't makes sense to me. He didn't say I won't, he said I can't.

No offense to everyone's theories - I appreciate reading them. Not sure why I want to know so much, but I do!

I guess I think it's vital to Daryl's current arc.

For Dwight, someone else's life depends on it. I can't see how anyone Daryl cares about would be harmed or killed if he gives in.

As far as him having no one, I don't agree. They are all his family. And he already is responsible for Glen dying. They can use any of his group against him.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:09 PM

I never heard Daryl say that so I can not comment.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:10 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I guess I just wouldn't be compatible with Daryl, even though I do find him attractive (despite the dirt and crud). Alas.

I am much more pragmatic. I'd obey, kneel, whatever, and earn Negan's trust. Make sure I had clothes, shoes, weapons, a mode of transportation, knew my way around, then when I have an opportunity, make my escape. How the hell do you think you're gonna get anywhere Daryl, when you have bare feet, you don't know the lay of the land in the camp, you have no weapon, and you don't know if the unlocked door is a test or trap? I'd have sat there nicely in my room with my hands folded, humming that stupid song, even when I did notice the door unlocked. Hey fat dude, you left the door unlocked, might want to come back and lock me in! Hey, just helpin' out.

I'd totally suck up, follow the rules, let then think I'm drinking the Kool Aid. What's all this pride with refusing to kneel and not saying "I'm Negan!" Just fake it man.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I guess I just wouldn't be compatible with Daryl, even though I do find him attractive (despite the dirt and crud). Alas.

I am much more pragmatic. I'd obey, kneel, whatever, and earn Negan's trust. Make sure I had clothes, shoes, weapons, a mode of transportation, knew my way around, then when I have an opportunity, make my escape. How the hell do you think you're gonna get anywhere Daryl, when you have bare feet, you don't know the lay of the land in the camp, you have no weapon, and you don't know if the unlocked door is a test or trap? I'd have sat there nicely in my room with my hands folded, humming that stupid song, even when I did notice the door unlocked.

I'd totally suck up, follow the rules, let then think I'm drinking the Kool Aid. What's all this pride with refusing to kneel and not saying "I'm Negan!" Just fake it man.
Me too! I would be so far up his a$$! All the while trying to figure out how to escape. I wouldn't even escape to Alexandria, I would be like Carol and try to make it on my own until I was far away and then try to find another group but of course then I would be off of TWD. We women know all about "faking it", huhn??

Old 11-08-2016, 02:18 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:

I am much more pragmatic. I'd obey, kneel, whatever, and earn Negan's trust. Make sure I had clothes, shoes, weapons, a mode of transportation, knew my way around, then when I have an opportunity, make my escape. How the hell do you think you're gonna get anywhere Daryl, when you have bare feet, you don't know the lay of the land in the camp, you have no weapon, and you don't know if the unlocked door is a test or trap? I'd have sat there nicely in my room with my hands folded, humming that stupid song, even when I did notice the door unlocked. Hey fat dude, you left the door unlocked, might want to come back and lock me in! Hey, just helpin' out.

Also, keep this in mind. Daryl now knows that Negan follows through with everything. If I was in Daryl's shoes, my thought would be that if I did escape, Negan would go straight to Alexandria and start bashing skulls.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I never heard Daryl say that so I can not comment.
Same here. I'm not 100 percent sure but it seemed to me Daryl is saying because of Glenn he cant bow down to Negan like Dwight has. He has to bow up because he knows it is his fault Glenn is dead and this is his way of atonement.

Quote:

No doubt. But I guess Daryl's code wont allow it. He could just pretend like he did back during his days with the Claimers. To be fair it would be really hard to smile in the face of somebody that just cracked your brother's skull open in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Also, keep this in mind. Daryl now knows that Negan follows through with everything. If I was in Daryl's shoes, my thought would be that if I did escape, Negan would go straight to Alexandria and start bashing skulls.
Good point. And since he is omniscient and everything, he'd also know if Daryl was faking. His first mission will probably be to go to Alexandria and shoot Carl in the face to prove he is loyal.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Me too! I would be so far up his a$$! All the while trying to figure out how to escape. I wouldn't even escape to Alexandria, I would be like Carol and try to make it on my own until I was far away and then try to find another group but of course then I would be off of TWD. We women know all about "faking it", huhn??
Exactly. Suck up, send word to Alexandria that I'm going to escape soon, and we all have to go. My friends in Alexandria pack up and go, I escape and catch up with them. So no one gets punished fro my escape.

Or, I'd suck up, become what looks like a full fledged Savior, and pretend to turn against my Alexandrian friends, so that they hate me and even if Negan kills me, Rick and company will no longer care about me. It would have to be something big, like I'd have to attempt to kill Judith or somebody, and let them stop me just before I do it. Then after there is no more perceived connection between me and Alexandria, I'd escape. No one would have to be punished for my escape after that. It might take several months of sucking up and faking it, but I'd keep the goal in sight.

Or better yet, while I'm faking it and sucking up, I'd pretend to be in love with Dwight or some other high-up Savior. Alienate Alexandria like I said above, then when I escape, Negan will have to punish my new Savior boyfriend!

Old 11-08-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

Good point. And since he is omniscient and everything, he'd also know if Daryl was faking. His first mission will probably be to go to Alexandria and shoot Carl in the face to prove he is loyal.
Meh, if I had to sacrifice one Alexandrian to save the rest of them, what the hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV