Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Ugh...why was the door open and no one was on watch? Sure, we just got attacked attacked and its the f***ing zombie apocalypse but let's all have the best sleep of our lives and no one keeping watch.
WORST sleepover EVER! Per Chris Hardwick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I was hoping Tara got shot with one of the bad arrows. She is annoying and serves no purpose at all.

That hard headed kid. Why couldn't he just take Morgan's word for it and leave it alone? I hope they got him. Get rid of him. He is a pain in the behind already.

I was hoping we would find out what happened to Negan but this is TWD where they like to drag everything out and annoy the viewers.

Am I the only one who gets tired of AMC using TWD to get ratings for their new shows? I wanted to watch Talking Dead, not that other mess that came on right after TWD.
You know ~ I really used to like Tara but my co-worker went on a 'Walking Dead' cruise and while she said most of the actors were pretty rude - she said Tara was over the top rude. I haven't been able to like her character since.

Lord - I hope that kid is dead. He was as annoying as Young Carl and that other kid who started screaming for his mother when they were walking amongst the Walkers and got he and his mother killed.

Lastly -yes I do get tired of AMC trying to manipulate me into watching their new series. That said, I kinda liked The Terror. Didn't stay up for Taking Dead though - Monday c omes too early!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:35 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Maggie has been pregant for three seasons. You think we could get a bulge?
Maggie's pregnancy wasn't revealed until the last episode of Season 6, and only about 2, maybe 3 months at the most, has elapsed between then and the present in Season 8.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:42 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Maggie's pregnancy wasn't revealed until the last episode of Season 6, and only about 2, maybe 3 months at the most, has elapsed between then and the present in Season 8.
It was hinted at in the first episdoe of season 6.

If she is still so early, then there is no way that she would have had the extreme pain that was the entire premise to Glenn getting his head bashed. Women have miscarraiges in those stages before they even knew they were pregnant. Remember they had an ultrasound?

Still **** awful writing.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:35 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Another **** awful episode. The Saviors are being fired on by automatic weapons, and yet they can retaliate and hit everyone with arrows. Wow. TWD just re-wrote the history of the world, in which even the most primitive of muskets outperform bows. Next we will have them blowing up tanks with fire crackers.

The kid unlocks and lets loose thirty hostiges because...well...because the plot calls for it so it has to be.

Loved the scene where the Saviors fall right into the trap, and are standing in the dark courtyard in the darkness, our gang opens fire, and...NOTHING!

Didn't it used to be that those who were bit died slowly and painfully? Now it is so quick and quiet that they can turn in a couple of hours without anyone noticing?

Maggie has been pregant for three seasons. You think we could get a bulge?

It is like they are having a bad writing contest. I honestly think they are trying to kill the show. Maybe Rick is infected from the wound they kept hinting at. We all know that Michone and Maggie will be gone soon. In any event, I am only watching now because the wife still wants to, and she her patience is wearing thin.
The Walking Dead is fantasy.

Yes, it's horror. Yes, it's science fiction. Yes, it's post-apocalyptic. It's all those things. And, like most works in those genres, there's a strong fantasy undercurrent.

Those who have made it over 100 episodes into the series and still can't figure that out should probably give up entirely on the concept of fiction, because they are probably incapable of understanding it on any real level.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:08 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
The Walking Dead is fantasy.

Yes, it's horror. Yes, it's science fiction. Yes, it's post-apocalyptic. It's all those things. And, like most works in those genres, there's a strong fantasy undercurrent.

Those who have made it over 100 episodes into the series and still can't figure that out should probably give up entirely on the concept of fiction, because they are probably incapable of understanding it on any real level.
Fantasy/science fiction/postapo/horror undercurrent does not necessarily mean bad writing. Especially when it comes to science fiction.
The Walking Dead comic book had a great, believable world where actions had consequences, being smart was rewarding, being dumb .. well, there were few dumb people around, at this stage at least There was logic behind it all.
This tv shop ? Every single thing, every single issue, is a plot device. Distances between a and b can be as long or as short as they need to be for the plot to advance. Weapons can be as accurate and deadly as needed (remember all those head shots from a speeding pickup back on the farm ? how does that compare to our heroes firing a case of ammo from automatic weapons, at a crowd that is what, 20-30 meters away, in the last episode? ).
That's my only real issue with the show. Sure I might find some minor flaws here and there to pic on, but this one is so big it dwarfs everything.
Notice how the people are never counted, distance is never told, they all exist in a world devoid of facts and figures - because if they said for example how many people there are or exactly how many miles they have to walk between some of the landmarks, they'd have to stick to these rules, if they made a mistake it would be pointed out to them.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Only 3 episodes left until next October??? Man, the season sure flies by.

Looks like Morgan and Rick tag team up next week to give some whooping. More blood and guts? I love it!

Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Fantasy/science fiction/postapo/horror undercurrent does not necessarily mean bad writing. Especially when it comes to science fiction.
The Walking Dead comic book had a great, believable world where actions had consequences, being smart was rewarding, being dumb .. well, there were few dumb people around, at this stage at least There was logic behind it all.
This tv shop ? Every single thing, every single issue, is a plot device. Distances between a and b can be as long or as short as they need to be for the plot to advance. Weapons can be as accurate and deadly as needed (remember all those head shots from a speeding pickup back on the farm ? how does that compare to our heroes firing a case of ammo from automatic weapons, at a crowd that is what, 20-30 meters away, in the last episode? ).
That's my only real issue with the show. Sure I might find some minor flaws here and there to pic on, but this one is so big it dwarfs everything.
Notice how the people are never counted, distance is never told, they all exist in a world devoid of facts and figures - because if they said for example how many people there are or exactly how many miles they have to walk between some of the landmarks, they'd have to stick to these rules, if they made a mistake it would be pointed out to them.
totally agree with you and loved your explanation.

TWD's last season I found slow, it didn't hold my interest as much but this season is getting much better.....for me anyway....

also like the survival of it all, the will to survive and each little twist and turn becomes a life changing event. Nothing any normal life would have to think thru...

Old 03-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Yac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
totally agree with you and loved your explanation.

TWD's last season I found slow, it didn't hold my interest as much but this season is getting much better.....for me anyway....

also like the survival of it all, the will to survive and each little twist and turn becomes a life changing event. Nothing any normal life would have to think thru...
I can agree this half of the latest season is much better than the previous half. In fact, it's so.. well, ok I guess, that I postponed the decision to stop watching this

Survival, one thing I failed to mention.
How fun is it to root for your heroes, when every single thing in the world is a plot device ? Survival doesn't depend on what they do or don't do, whether they are smart, have necessary skills etc.
It all comes down to what is convenient for the writers and/or sells better.
Anyway to me, this is why this show has exactly zero suspense.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I can agree this half of the latest season is much better than the previous half. In fact, it's so.. well, ok I guess, that I postponed the decision to stop watching this

Survival, one thing I failed to mention.
How fun is it to root for your heroes, when every single thing in the world is a plot device ? Survival doesn't depend on what they do or don't do, whether they are smart, have necessary skills etc.
It all comes down to what is convenient for the writers and/or sells better.
Anyway to me, this is why this show has exactly zero suspense.
It's fantasy fiction. Get with it.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:57 AM
Yac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It's fantasy fiction. Get with it.
Do I have to ?
It's not like I'm preaching "the truth" of some sort, just you know, voicing my opinion. I can be as critical as I want, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV