Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 11:55 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times

Advertisements

I think so-called "filler" episodes are just AMC being greedy. They are not going to blow the budget with too many sets, too many characters with lines every episode, etc etc - so we are going to have to endure the "two or three characters sitting around and ignore everybody else" episode every so often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:02 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,766 times
Sometimes I wonder if this show would be better if it was on HBO or Showtime. The budget might be bigger, so there would be no need for "filler" episodes and the CGI would look better. Maybe they could afford to hire better writers, too. Some of the writing has been all over the place this season and don't get me started on the special effects. They actually look like special effects this season. LOL. I wonder if AMC tightened up the budget? Anyway, I am hoping that the second half of season 5 is better than the first half was. I may not stick around for season 6 if it's not.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if some even watch the show.

We saw exactly how they got into the church, no mystery there.
We saw how 1 slip thru, many more were impaled on the pipes. So how did so many get thru so quickly oh smart one.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Glenn has shown some development. He's stood up to Rick a few times, and he was ready to leave with Maggie and Abraham's gang. He seems to be pulling away from Rick's increasing violence and ruthlessness.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They had put their guns away while the deal was being transacted. If Dawn had drawn her gun, Beth would be some new kind of fool to go trying to stab her with a pair of scissors. It was just lazy writing.
Yes, Dawn's shooting of Beth was an accident, IMO.

Yes, Dawn had told the others to stand down. What bothered me was Dawn's gun had gone down the elevator shaft with O'Donnell. I don't recall seeing Dawn getting another gun either. The continuity sure is bad sometimes.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:18 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,163,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Sometimes I wonder if this show would be better if it was on HBO or Showtime. The budget might be bigger, so there would be no need for "filler" episodes and the CGI would look better. Maybe they could afford to hire better writers, too. Some of the writing has been all over the place this season and don't get me started on the special effects. They actually look like special effects this season. LOL. I wonder if AMC tightened up the budget? Anyway, I am hoping that the second half of season 5 is better than the first half was. I may not stick around for season 6 if it's not.
Is it more budget to have a van fall off a bridge and not defy every law of physics by landing solidly on all 4 tires rather than what would have actually happened and hit nose first?

It's just plain sloppy. The increasing amounts of blatant inconsistencies in editing is slowing turning this show into a B level horror flick you watch on TNT or FX on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Then again, even Sharknado had its time to shine.... pretty sure TWD staff don't want to be in that discussion.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, Dawn's shooting of Beth was an accident, IMO.
She did appear surprised/shocked etc. and it looks like she was trying to say something to the effect of "I didn't mean to..."

I think it was just a reflex on her part. She's just a loose cannon with a hair trigger, pun intended, and once she realized what she had done in response to such a futile action from Beth that probably didn't even hurt, she came to her senses and started begging for forgiveness. If she had meant to do it, I think she would have immediately aimed her gun and started shooting at the others, surely she knew they would retaliate. I think she just let her emotions get the better of her. But, considering how fast she was able to draw - an accident is just as plausible.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:35 PM

5,524 posts, read 7,116,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Sometimes I wonder if this show would be better if it was on HBO or Showtime.

Then we would miss out on all the compelling commercials?

Old 12-03-2014, 02:44 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
She did appear surprised/shocked etc. and it looks like she was trying to say something to the effect of "I didn't mean to..."

I think it was just a reflex on her part. She's just a loose cannon with a hair trigger, pun intended, and once she realized what she had done in response to such a futile action from Beth that probably didn't even hurt, she came to her senses and started begging for forgiveness. If she had meant to do it, I think she would have immediately aimed her gun and started shooting at the others, surely she knew they would retaliate. I think she just let her emotions get the better of her. But, considering how fast she was able to draw - an accident is just as plausible.
That's exactly what she was saying. When where and how the gun got into her hand is another matter, but, I just assumed it was there, I mean it would make sense that she'd replace the other gun she loss, since, I do believe that elevator scene happened long before they rounded everyone up for the ok corral showdown, which btw way they seemed to skip to really fast as if a part was cut out. I felt like I missed something in between where the hostage negotiation should have taken place. But, having watched that youtube clip featuring the kill shot scene, again, it did seem odd as if the gun came out of no where.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:52 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,851,046 times
I still can't figure out who shot Beth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV