Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 03:12 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I'd like to see more conflicts between folks on the team (more than the superficial Abe v. Eugene).
Hard to believe that there is no tension between team members when they're hungry and under stress.
The show is at its best when there is infighting.
That's a good point. It would take some very clever writing to set that up without being too contrived, I think. Remember how Herschel, while not really a villain, was set up somewhat like one because he wanted Rick and co off his farm once Carl was up and running - AND because he kept walker's in the barn. The whole power play between the two was great even though it was dragged out across Season 2.

Abe vs Rick would be easy to set up since they've already demonstrated the tension but with Eugene out of the way, they'd have to be good at coming up with something else for them to fight about that makes sense and builds real tension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 03:21 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Nah... his hands were still bound. Rick could've caught up to him and just pistol whipped him...wait, nvm I've seen your posts in other sections...you ain't kiddin.
My first post where I put "J/K", I was but my other about preps was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Noone rioted when the cops were kicking Noah's a-ss in the hospital!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh god, just shut it w/the political BS.
Just funnin' around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's a good point. It would take some very clever writing to set that up without being too contrived, I think. Remember how Herschel, while not really a villain, was set up somewhat like one because he wanted Rick and co off his farm once Carl was up and running - AND because he kept walker's in the barn. The whole power play between the two was great even though it was dragged out across Season 2.

Abe vs Rick would be easy to set up since they've already demonstrated the tension but with Eugene out of the way, they'd have to be good at coming up with something else for them to fight about that makes sense and builds real tension.
Maybe Rosita and Rick get together? That would cause LOTS of friction.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe Rosita and Rick get together? That would cause LOTS of friction.
Hmm, yeah it would. I think it would just come down to them two and Rick would have most everybody on his side. They would need to come up with something that divides the group right down the middle, I think. I mean, Rosita could be there manipulating both men kind of like Lori did to Rick and Shane - but there would need to be something else bigger then a love triangle to raise the stakes.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

As for Noah.. Not sure, but I wouldn't think they'd take a 500 mile trip to take someone back home. But, I guess if you go to Richmond, might as well go on up to DC. Personally, tho.. I'd rather have a Georgia winter than a DC winter. And.. Based on my timeline from before.. They're coming into winter. Within 2 months. I'd think they'd want to hunker down somewhere for the winter.
See, now I have thought all along that if it were me, I would want to be someplace that freezes during the winter. Those zombies have to lose body parts to frostbite. Walkers without arms and legs will be less of a threat come springtime.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
That was all in one episode, because they had a couple days of surviving together which I guess brings a necessary amount of "closeness" (adding in a little alcohol and tiny bit of revelations about their pasts in a kind-of "truth or dare" type conversation). It was nothing like the deep intimacy he and Carol have with each other.
He told her he had fallen in love with her, right before he opened the door for the "dog" and the walkers streamed in.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I don't want to see any more of the characters "get together." I just don't understand why people keep trying to pair this one up with that one, or say that this one needs a girlfriend, etc.

We already have the one love story with Maggie and Glenn; isn't that enough? I love that the show has so much going on that you don't need to add in love triangles, sexual tension, or hooking up to try to make it "interesting."

And frankly, if I were in the world of the Walking Dead, the LAST thing on my mind would be hooking up. I mean, no one bathes or brushes their teeth, not to mention that survival needs to be your first priority.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well, Beth did stab her with a pair of scissors.. I'd probably shoot someone who stabbed me as well. So.. From that standpoint, it did make sense.. but just barely. Like I said before.. This wasn't a "Tasha Yar" death, but.. It tiptoed the line.

I totally agree with you that they thought they needed to kill someone.

Who was the last main character killed by walkers? You have to go back to T-Dog, don't you? A case could be made for Bob Stookey.. But.. I more chalk his death up to the Termites.
Andrea. Though, the walkers had help.

Edit: Oh, and Dale. That was before Andrea, but after T-Dog.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
He told her he had fallen in love with her, right before he opened the door for the "dog" and the walkers streamed in.
What????? I never saw him tell Beth he was in love with her. Did that really happen?

Old 12-04-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
LOL. You say what I feel word for word about that priest, leaving the church, only to go back with hordes of zombies back with him. Me and my husband was like... What... the.... FFFfffffFFF! Ugh.

Well, of course I love watching hordes of zombies ALWAYS because my sexy zombies ARE the VERY reason I watched this series from day 1, but not with retarded circumstances like this, I mean really??

I mean for me the all time horde of zombie scene that really scared the bejezus out of me was, the Hershel farm attack. And the trailer camp attack where Andrea's sis was bit and died. And these scenes were from Season 1 and 2. So yeah that's saying something.
It was poetic. He had locked himself inside the church while his parishoners were attacked outside, screaming for his help. Running back in the tunnel would not have been poetic.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
What????? I never saw him tell Beth he was in love with her. Did that really happen?
He doesn't say it in those words. Watch the scene again. She just says "oh".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV