Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 11:59 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
"Seven Seconds" Well done show, I was avoiding it, but, couldn't resist any longer, especially, having watched much of the shows I'd already intended to, but this one kept eyeing me to click on it and I finally did. I think I have one or two more episodes to watch, I'm not sure if the last episode of this show of which I was in the middle of said episode 9 or not; I do believe there are only 10 total.
I'm watching this too - only on episode four I think. I like that nothing is cut and dry - what I don't like is the occasional plausibility issues. Mostly dealing with procedural things, like legal, medical, and LE protocol and norms. The acting is good enough to make up for this, and I'm waiting to see what the message is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 03:47 AM

296 posts, read 413,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
What is your Netflix watching strategy? Binge one series or maybe watch several over a period of time. I have binged, but find myself watching maybe 3, over a period of time.

I binge watched Continuum and The Good Place. Don't think I'll keep that up. Started binging House of Cards, but will slow it down.

When I binge, the show takes over my mind, and I see faces and scenes too much.

Watching Travelers. I like it.

Watched Ascension (sci-fi mini-series). I liked it.

Did a few Criminal Minds. Pretty good for many people. Too dark for me.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:13 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Watched The Invisible Guardian, very good! It is a very suspenseful, well acted Spanish movie about the search for a serial killer. Beautiful filming and scenery, delves into the childhood of the FBI agent. Left a few questions at the end that makes me wonder if they might do a followup. This would have been a perfect series.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:09 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm watching this too - only on episode four I think. I like that nothing is cut and dry - what I don't like is the occasional plausibility issues. Mostly dealing with procedural things, like legal, medical, and LE protocol and norms. The acting is good enough to make up for this, and I'm waiting to see what the message is.

Hope you're still enjoying the rest of the episodes; no truly satisfying ending, but, still like you said, great acting all around. I would be happy with a part 2, but, I don't see that happening as I think it was intended to leave the audience with the emotional upheaval that it does. I did read around though, that they make other episodes, not sure if it will be with the same actors or not or even if it is with the same actors it might change the rolls those actors play similar how the TV show "America Crime", did which also featured, Regina King, as part of the cast. did. Either way, the series was well worth watching. Though not completely satisfied with the end, I didn't feel left with an incomplete feeling as how I often felt with the show "American Crime".

Old 03-16-2018, 11:02 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We watched Nailed It - hilarious new show, and the third episode was the hardest we've laughed in a while. Sal is everything. It's a challenge show based on the knock-off cake efforts that warrant the claim of 'nailed it!'
I just finished watching all the episodes yesterday. I could not stop laughing during the final episode. I don't normally laugh out loud when watching TV, but those cakes were somehow both impressive and terrifying.

I really want to try making some of the cakes they made. That volcano one was impressive, and the emoji one was so cute. I like how they laugh along with all the fails, but also give some good advice to home bakers.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:10 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in cars getting coffee.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I just finished watching all the episodes yesterday. I could not stop laughing during the final episode. I don't normally laugh out loud when watching TV, but those cakes were somehow both impressive and terrifying.

I really want to try making some of the cakes they made. That volcano one was impressive, and the emoji one was so cute. I like how they laugh along with all the fails, but also give some good advice to home bakers.

Nice review, makes me want to take a peak, after all the more serious fare I've been watching lately, I need a good laugh.

Well after I finish watching "Collateral", which I just started on last night, but, after reading your review, I may take a quick looky before going back to C.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:09 AM

671 posts, read 445,773 times
I tried watching Jessica Jones. After the first episode of season 1, I knew it was not something I would be interested in. So..I might watch Chatsworth.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:54 AM

993 posts, read 62,603 times
I'm just starting season 2 of Occupied...Russians in Norway, energy crisis, rather timely. Like most of the Scandinavian series I've watched, I'm quite hooked on it.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:19 AM

OMG! I watched "Nailed It", that last episode I thought I would die if I didn't stop watching. My head was hurting so bad from laughing so hard; both the portrait cookies and the final cakes put me over the top in hysterical laughter. I was sorry it was such a short series. I also got a real kick out of the lady who was trying to make a hole in the pirate donut especially when she realized it didn't need to have a hole

Sunnydrive for mentioning that show.

I'm starting on "The Frankenstein Chronicles".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV