Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 05:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

took long time for S2 to be filmed and then shown so lost hope for it--
then saw it was on Netflix--
Netflix should do more to notify about new shows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 09:35 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
For me the 2 series that are the best I've seen on NF are Broadchurch & The Fall, I guess I'm unfairly expecting other series to match those. (I was able to watch the next season of Broadchurch through other means & it picks right up where it left off season 1... very good)

The best surprise movie I've watched, as in best movie that I had never heard of but was terrific, was "Headhunters". It's Scandanavian & very well done in the Hitchcock/Tarantino mold: suspenseful, violent & with a wicked sense of dark humor, not for all tastes but if you like Tarantino style check it out.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:51 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Gracie and Frankie.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:52 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Thanks for answering my question about House of Cards!

My latest is Rectify! Tried watching when it was on TV but something turned me off. Watched on Netflix and about 4 episodes in, I was hooked! Loved it! They have 2 seasons and 3rd coming on Sundance in July, can't wait!

Old 05-16-2015, 11:34 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Chef's Table Season 1 is 6 profiles of outstanding chefs. I have watched the first two and am really enjoying it. If you are a foodie, you will too.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:51 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Bloodline...... meh, more of a soap opera, it was ok to me, I wouldn't bother with the next season.

Just watched the first episode of Luther, acting is good, plot is good but very "television": a villain whose complicated motives only exists in broadcast dramas if you know what I mean, kind of interesting though. I will give it a few more since the plot is interesting, if it doesn't jump the shark, & Idris Elba is a terrific actor who brings real life to the character.
My husband said the same thing about bloodline,soap opera,I liked it. Top notch acting!!

Old 05-16-2015, 08:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Dare Devil for the third time!
Weeds
Dexter

Old 05-17-2015, 09:54 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Finally took the time recently to start watching Peaky Blinders. Good series.

Arrow - Still making my way through season two. Very well done series. Although they killed off one of my favorite characters recently, but wont 'spoil' it for others here.

House of Cards - I'm moving very slowly through the 3rd season, although the most recent episode I watched was the best one of this season, when Frank and Claire go to Moscow. Loved the ending.

Not sure if I posted in this thread yet or not, so I'll mention season 1 of Bitten was entertaining. Will watch season 2 when it's added.

Once in awhile I watch an episode of Once Upon a Time. Not really made for my demographic, but still semi-entertaining.

Watched one episode each of 4400, The Originals, The Crazy Ones, and Mad Men, but not sure if I'll watch any of them again. Definitely not Mad Men. The Originals was probably the best so may eventually watch episode 2.

Watched the movie THE ICEMAN, and think they made him out to be more decent than he really was. Recall seeing an interview he gave, 60 Minutes I believe, and the guy was a murderous psychopath. He killed over a 100 people for the mob, but the movie made him out to be a great family man for the most part.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Like Peaky Blinders S1--thought S2 was more contrived/soap-opera but Cillian Murphy is always interesting to watch (and beautiful as well)...

Re The IceMan--he was a great family guy because he didn't kill any of them and had enough money to give a decent life style--he came across as cold to them as well as his business partners...
but the actor was excellent--
he has been in several parts like that including the one on Boardwalk Empire--
borderline psychotic and OCD...needs to find new agent or something...

Old 05-17-2015, 10:42 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
I'm involved with Dicte now. A Danish journalist for a small town rag, getting involved with cop work. Kind of a pain in the ((A)) having to read the subs but tends to be a good program.

And still watching Death in Paradise, that is putting off watching because I don't want it to end. Now halfway thru season 2.

Watched Halt and Catch Fire, better than I thought it would be. About development of a laptop and pursuit of personality.

Just noticed Wallander, says I'm on Season 2 Ep 4. Haven't seen this in a while. Might be good for a wet Sunday afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV